It is currently 04/28/24 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 40 posts ]
PostPosted: 11/29/12 3:27 pm • # 26 
LOL!!! Oskar, that's part of the point.

ER is Emergency Room. ETOH stands for ethanol. It is a common term used in medical histories to designate alcoholic beverages. When combined in the term 'ETOH abuse', it usually refers to a patient's history of over consumption of alcoholic beverages such as beer or hard liquor.

PostPosted: 11/29/12 4:03 pm • # 27 
Administrator

LOL!!! Oskar, that's part of the point.

Ah. I didn't know you posted in code. ;)

PostPosted: 11/29/12 4:51 pm • # 28 
Editorialist

From twitter:

Mitt Romney will be doing all his Christmas shopping at
"The Communication Gap"

:b

PostPosted: 11/29/12 5:42 pm • # 29 
Editorialist

ETOH is the chemical formula for alcohol- booze. It is a clinical/ medical/ jargon.

PostPosted: 11/29/12 9:13 pm • # 30 

I didn't say that all homeless people are bums. That's your own prejudices kicking in. I simply referred to a particular homeless person who is also a bum. You know the kind, the high school drop-out who has dreams of being the next rock star and hangs around 7-Elevens all day.

PostPosted: 11/29/12 9:29 pm • # 31 
Administrator

Everyone has a story, SciFi ~ I've learned to not judge too quickly nor too harshly ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/30/12 1:17 pm • # 32 
Administrator

SciFiGuy wrote:
I didn't say that all homeless people are bums. That's your own prejudices kicking in. I simply referred to a particular homeless person who is also a bum. You know the kind, the high school drop-out who has dreams of being the next rock star and hangs around 7-Elevens all day.

Your statement: I think the homeless bum sleeping in my city park on the park bench is the least influential person.

Oh, so you know him/her and his/her story personally?

PostPosted: 11/30/12 4:51 pm • # 33 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
SciFiGuy wrote:

Oh! You mean Bill Gates.

PostPosted: 11/30/12 6:57 pm • # 34 
Editorialist

SciFiGuy wrote:

No you didn't.

Do you know this guy? His history? Was he kicked out of his home after he quit school? Did he have any sort of support?

Maybe he had a learning disability that caused a disconnect from learning. Not every special needs student is identified. Those who are do not always get the help they need. That can cause depression and a sense of failure.

There are parents who are abusive and/or addicts/alcoholics who people like him need to escape. There are tons of variations on his "story" that might make you change your assessment.

The singer "Jewel" lived in her van for a while. ;)

Just sayin'. Maybe you could suspend such harsh judgement unless you know him personally. I really don't mean to attack you as much as I just want to consider other possibilities. :)

PostPosted: 12/01/12 10:40 am • # 35 
SciFi: If you dismiss that "bum" on the park bench, you dismiss me.

PostPosted: 12/02/12 8:11 pm • # 36 

You're missing the forest for the trees. My point was only that there are a lot of people who are less influential than Mitt Romney. Mitt Romney is not the least influential person of 2012. That's pure b.s.

I don't mind picking on Mitt Romney for things he deserves to be picked on -- but I hate leftist propaganda every bit as much as I hate rightist propaganda.

PostPosted: 12/02/12 8:31 pm • # 37 
Editorialist

Yeah, it was a gloating piece. Not meant to be taken seriously.

PostPosted: 12/02/12 8:50 pm • # 38 
Administrator

grampatom wrote:
Yeah, it was a gloating piece. Not meant to be taken seriously.

Really?

PostPosted: 12/02/12 10:20 pm • # 39 

I think everyone on this board took it seriously.

PostPosted: 12/03/12 10:05 am • # 40 
Administrator

Another assumption.
Ever think the reaction might be to your derogatory comment rather than to the OP?

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 40 posts ] New Topic Add Reply