It is currently 05/02/24 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: I am beyond angry now
PostPosted: 12/04/12 11:23 am • # 1 
Editorialist

I have read, at another site, the goddamned stupid remarks of the totally partisan hack conservatives who are still trying to maginalize and demonize the poor.

Things like "they stand and beg on the street corner and then walk two blocks where they climb into their new SUV to drive home"
Remarks like "I don't mind helping those who deserve help"

It's about fucking time these people left their warm, safe homes and walked among the poor and homeless. They need a dose of reality, but they will never do that. It's easier to sit in their ivory towers and proclaim judgement.

As I said in a post there: Yes, the systems get scammed. No so poor people get welfare and food stamps. Criminals scam the justice system. Rich people scam citizens via Ponzi schemes. Every large citizenry has those problems. As long as all the poor are helped, the majority of criminals go to jail and the majority of citizens don't buy into a pie-in-the sky ponzi scheme, it's not too bad.

Nothing is perfect. Helping the poor, homeless and hungry should be every citizen's first priority. It's the ethical and moral thing to do. If a few who do not need the help, get it, then they will one day pay for that. Karma will bite them in the ass.

Rant over.

PostPosted: 12/04/12 11:42 am • # 2 
It's hard to read them. They worry more about someone poor getting a few extra pennies in help then funnelling millions to billionaires. I don't understand that mindset but it's prevalent.

PostPosted: 12/04/12 11:44 am • # 3 
Editorialist

i think it is the "worthy -vs- unworthy" victims argument. as if they can tell the difference.

PostPosted: 12/04/12 12:16 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

It's just more of the old "all welfare recipients drive Mercedes and own houses with swimming pools, cable and 50 inch televisions". That sad thing is they believe it and there's nothing you are going to do to convince them otherwise.

PostPosted: 12/04/12 12:20 pm • # 5 
Administrator

Become ignoranuses.
Learn to ignore assholes.
It feels great.

PostPosted: 12/04/12 2:25 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

oskar, ignoring them on a forum is a good plan, but because that attitude translates to half the government, that is what angers me. I really don't care what the hacks on the forum say or think, but I do care what the R's on Capitol Hill think.

I guess I was secretly hoping they would drop this nonsense after the election, put on their thinking caps and get to work finding solutions that won't put the homeless and poor at greater risk. :(

PostPosted: 12/04/12 4:14 pm • # 7 
Administrator

Gotta consider the source, roseanne ~

This is going to sound somewhat off-the-wall, but I think some "justify" the disconnect by adopting the mindset that if you refuse to recognize the great and heart-wrenching need then you're not responsible for it ~ the worst are the ones who preach their religion but pretend those in need don't exist or that their need is self-created and self-perpetuating ~ :angry

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/04/12 5:10 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

Yep. Exactly what I posted in the other group. It's what they tell themselves so they don't have to feel guilty about supporting cuts to social services.

Sometimes........sometimes..........I secretly wish each and every one of them would fall on hard times for a year or two, with no support other than the government (unemployment, welfare, food stamps, Medicaid)..................is that mean? :o

IOW, they need to walk a mile.

PostPosted: 12/04/12 7:24 pm • # 9 
Administrator

is that mean?

No.
Maybe.
I mean, yes.
Well, they're mean, too.
Er... what was the question?

Signed: Brian

PostPosted: 12/05/12 9:00 am • # 10 
It's the old "God only helps those who help themselves" crap.

PostPosted: 12/05/12 10:43 am • # 11 
Editorialist

IOW, they need to walk a mile.

Yup. It's the only way they'll ever grasp the reality of that mile, as opposed to their "every poor person has a big screen TV and a free Smartphone" fantasies.

PostPosted: 12/05/12 11:08 am • # 12 
Administrator

While the truth stares us in the face,

Religious people make excuses.

They say that God hears all our prayers,

And He always answers -

But sometimes,

His answer is "No".

And those who will not take responsibility,

Promise the suffering

They will receive their reward -

After they die.