It is currently 04/28/24 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
PostPosted: 01/03/12 11:31 am • # 1 
Administrator

I don't remember ever agreeing with Huckabee on anything before ~ but he sure does hit a precise bull's-eye with this ~ Sooz

ThinkProgress NEWS FLASH

Huckabee Chides Republicans For Being ‘More Interested' In Defeating Obama ‘Than They Are In Rebuilding America' | As the GOP candidates stump around the Hawkeye State before tonight's Iowa caucus, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R), who won the caucus in 2008, called out many in his party for prioritizing political victory over the country's well-being. In a radio interview, Huckabee expressed his frustration with the current field and said, “If I walked in the booth today I'm not sure who I'd pull the lever for.â€

PostPosted: 01/03/12 12:01 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

How can the current crop of candidates have a plan to "rebuild America".  Even a blind man wearing dark sunglasses in an unlit tunnel deep in the bowels of the earth can see that if any of the current crop of candidates for the Gop crown were to actually follow through on everything they so heartily endorse it would have to lead to the complete economic and social collapse of the country. 

That is what I, as an outsider, have found so fascinating about American politics over the past ten years or so.  It's like watching a train wreck where the engineers and passengers are cheering as they go over the cliff.  The lunacy isn't restricted to the Republicans either.  The Democrats, with their fractured base and lack of direction, are just as bad.  One party is leading a charge headlong into a cement wall without a helmet while the other frets, dithers and goes nowhere.  What's worse is that the electorate, whose asses really are on the line, don't demand anything better from their purportive leaders.  As long as "the person" from "the other side" isn't elected they don't really give a darn what happens.  No matter how ridiculous the position, they will support their team even if only years, months or even days before they had supported exactly the opposite postion. 

PostPosted: 01/03/12 12:18 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

It's about time Republicans start speaking out against the current idiots. Image

PostPosted: 01/03/12 1:20 pm • # 4 
... and quit defending the previous idiot(s). [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif[/img]

PostPosted: 01/03/12 1:41 pm • # 5 
They'd be talking about themselves.

PostPosted: 01/03/12 2:15 pm • # 6 
... or talking at each other.

Oh... wait...

They're already doing that. Image

PostPosted: 01/03/12 2:20 pm • # 7 
For once, I agree with Huckabee also. 

PostPosted: 01/03/12 2:51 pm • # 8 
Administrator

Where's Boo Boo?

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply