It is currently 05/12/24 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]
PostPosted: 01/26/12 5:57 am • # 1 
Editorialist

I think this is a pretty rude, classless act for anyone, but especially when directed at the POTUS.

http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/25/10238029-arizona-governor-obama-in-tense-exchange-over-book

PostPosted: 01/26/12 6:59 am • # 2 
Editorialist

pretty rude, classless act

Common behavior for Brewer. 

PostPosted: 01/26/12 7:15 am • # 3 
Editorialist

I'll bet it earns here at least a mention for Repub Vice Pres nomination.

PostPosted: 01/26/12 7:15 am • # 4 
Administrator

Jan Brewer demands everyone cater to her wants when she wants ~ she does not enjoy a "sterling" reputation when it comes to honesty, integrity, or ethics ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 01/26/12 7:16 am • # 5 
Administrator

grampatom wrote:
I'll bet it earns here at least a mention for Repub Vice Pres nomination.

Excellent observation, gramps!

Sooz

PostPosted: 01/26/12 7:42 am • # 6 
So many things come to mind when I see that pic of her putting her finger in the face of the POTUS. To be quite honest, it ticks me off. I wouldn't care if it was Nancy Pelosi doing it to G Bush. It was wrong, disrespectful and a complete lack of decorum. What I have to wonder is what made her think she 'should' do such a thing? It was just as bad as the idiot that shouted out 'You Lie' during the Presidents first SOTU speech. The complete lack of respect for this President has me asking why? It can't be because they are against his policies. So what is it? Any ideas?

PostPosted: 01/26/12 8:54 am • # 7 
Administrator

Well, I guess the pig is still a pig no matter how much lipstick is used.
What a classless individual she is.

PostPosted: 01/26/12 9:52 am • # 8 
Editorialist

the monster wrote:
So many things come to mind when I see that pic of her putting her finger in the face of the POTUS. To be quite honest, it ticks me off. I wouldn't care if it was Nancy Pelosi doing it to G Bush. It was wrong, disrespectful and a complete lack of decorum. What I have to wonder is what made her think she 'should' do such a thing? It was just as bad as the idiot that shouted out 'You Lie' during the Presidents first SOTU speech. The complete lack of respect for this President has me asking why? It can't be because they are against his policies. So what is it? Any ideas?
Not a clue.  ImageImage 

PostPosted: 01/26/12 2:16 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

The complete lack of respect for this President has me asking why? It can't be because they are against his policies. So what is it? Any ideas?

I think a major tenet of Conservatism, as it is packaged and sold today, is that Barack Obama is uniquely, personally unworthy of respect, whatever office he may happen to hold. Bush had the same problem with some folks,

PostPosted: 01/27/12 4:26 am • # 10 
Administrator

And the truth emerges ~ Sooz

Mayor Seems To Contradict Gov. Brewer's Story On Obama Run-In

President Obama didn't exactly walk away from Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) during their disagreement on Wednesday on an airport tarmac near Phoenix, said one of the only people to witness the exchange up close. The president simply began talking to the other two elected officials who were there to greet him.

Mayor Scott Smith of Mesa, Ariz., declined to say exactly what he heard Obama and Brewer talk about during their now-infamous tiff next to Air Force One.

But the mayor said he was standing right next to the governor when the exchange took place and Obama didn't seem to be in any kind of hurry to leave.

“There was no sense that he was running to or from anything,â€

PostPosted: 01/27/12 4:33 am • # 11 
[i]"She told a Phoenix television station she felt “a little bit threatenedâ€

PostPosted: 01/27/12 4:43 am • # 12 
[quote="Sidartha"][i]"She told a Phoenix television station she felt “a little bit threatenedâ€

PostPosted: 01/27/12 5:02 am • # 13 
Administrator

She did sign a law(s) that discriminates against non-whites.

PostPosted: 01/27/12 5:48 am • # 14 
Administrator

grampatom wrote:
The complete lack of respect for this President has me asking why? It can't be because they are against his policies. So what is it? Any ideas?

I think a major tenet of Conservatism, as it is packaged and sold today, is that Barack Obama is uniquely, personally unworthy of respect, whatever office he may happen to hold. Bush had the same problem with some folks,

A few of thoughts ~ gramps' comment "... Conservatism, as it is packaged and sold today ..." [emphasis/bolding is mine] is the correct perspective for me ~ the "D" behind Obama's name is a slam-dunk insult to the GOP/TP, who see themselves as the only ones qualified and destined to govern ~ even with all the proof and evidence to the contrary ~ I also see an easily identified element of racism ~ and I'm sure if Hillary had won, that racism would be sexism ~ I deeply believe that "winning" is the only goal for today's GOP/TP ~ 

Sooz

PostPosted: 01/27/12 6:24 am • # 15 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
She did sign a law(s) that discriminates against non-whites.
lol, true enough.

PostPosted: 01/27/12 10:41 am • # 16 
I agree with Mpicky:  pure code speak.  Obviously Brewer felt herself superior to the Prez that she could shake her finger at him--only one in a position of superiority can shake their finger at another w/o getting it bitten.  After all, she is white and he clearly is not....code speak.

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ] New Topic Add Reply