It is currently 06/26/24 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 38 posts ]
PostPosted: 09/29/12 11:16 am • # 1 

Happy "National Coffee Day"! McDonald's and Krispy Kreme, and many other places, are offering free coffee today. (7-Eleven offered free coffee yesterday.)

From 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, the West Hollywood Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf location is giving the first 2,500 customers who trade in their old coffee maker a free CBTL Single Serve Kaldi Machine, according to a Facebook invite.

I can't live without my morning cups of coffee. How about the rest of you? (I usually take my coffee black, though very occasionally I'll have some flavored coffee, such as caramel.)

PostPosted: 09/29/12 11:51 am • # 2 
Editorialist

I cannot live without my usual 4 cups a day. Two in the morning, two in the early afternoon. Sometimes another in between. Decaf in the evening sometimes.

I drink my coffee with sugar and milk.

I wouldn't take the single brew coffee maker if they paid me to take it, lol. I find the coffee insipid. I know that you can now make your own "pods" for those, but why bother? Maybe if I lived alone. The original single cup pods were mostly instant coffee with a few grounds thrown in for good measure. Perhaps the flavored ones are better...

I don't like any flavored coffees. In the summer I will have an ice cappuccino with a shot of espresso added to cut down on the sweetness and the occasional iced coffee.

Happy National Coffee Day!! (I guess my avatar gives me away ;) )

Krispy Kreme........yummmmm, I missed out on the pleasure this trip.

PostPosted: 09/29/12 12:44 pm • # 3 
I am not really a coffee drinker unless it's the International brand of French Vanilla then I will drink a cup. Hubby, however, drinks his regular coffee with honey in it.

PostPosted: 09/29/12 12:48 pm • # 4 

I just called the Coffee Bean in West Hollywood, and they confirmed that they will trade any old coffee machine for their one-cup coffee maker. At Amazon, it's a $135 value!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... di+Machine

So, I'm going to the store and buy a cheap coffee maker for 20 bucks, then trade it for their maker!

PostPosted: 09/29/12 1:02 pm • # 5 
A one-cup coffee maker for $135?

I can get a 12-cup coffee maker for $30 at Canadian Tire.

PostPosted: 09/29/12 1:12 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

Dee wrote:
I am not really a coffee drinker unless it's the International brand of French Vanilla then I will drink a cup. Hubby, however, drinks his regular coffee with honey in it.

Hubby loves that French Vanilla!

I'm going to try the honey. I keep forgetting that I have it, lol. Bought some Clover honey somewhere on the trip. A nice light flavor that I love. Don't think I can find it here. The usual commercial stuff is too heavy and way too sweet for me.

PostPosted: 09/29/12 1:57 pm • # 7 
Administrator

+

+

+
a teaspoon sugar.

PostPosted: 09/29/12 2:52 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

We get a decent whole bean Columbian blend and we have our own grinder. I think fresh ground makes a difference no matter what kind of coffee it is. I will grab some Kona if I can find it though, even if it's already ground. Not too fond of flavored coffees, but a touch of Kahlua is nice.

Milk or half and half, sugar....number of cups per day I couldn't even guess. lol

Happy coffee day!
:bow2

PostPosted: 09/29/12 3:32 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

In Jimland coffee is one of the four main food groups - there's a cup nearby at any given time. I make a big pot in the morning and it ages to perfection throughout the day. I split the way I take it between just plain black and just plain black with one sweetener.

PostPosted: 09/29/12 4:00 pm • # 10 
Editorialist

Strangely enough I gave up coffee at the same time I gave up cigarettes. So did my wife. The pills we were taking to help us give up the smokes seemed to also upset our stomachs and coffee seemed to make it worse. I'm a tea drinker now.

PostPosted: 09/29/12 4:01 pm • # 11 
Administrator

I make a pot of coffee in the morning ~ I have two [sometimes 3] good-sized mugs, each with one sweet-and-low and a little milk ~ and then I'm usually done with coffee for the day ~ very occasionally, if I have company or am out to dinner, I'll have coffee with a slug of Bailey's, Kahlua, or Tia Maria ~

Chaos, if you have a Costco near you, try their Kirkland brand of Columbian beans [which is my fave, too] ~ it's two full pounds for something like $11 ~ as a cost comparison, grocery stores here are $8.99 for one pound of beans ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 09/29/12 4:39 pm • # 12 
Editorialist

i use the Kirkland columbian from costco also. Its yum and fair price.
my coffee gets half and half and sweet n low

Green Mountain makes the pods for many of those brewers. When i was still working, we had a Kuerig and green mountain nantucket blend. It was so yum and although i had to make two or three cups to get what i think is a cup, it was fab having fresh coffee so quick and easy

PostPosted: 09/29/12 4:41 pm • # 13 
Administrator

black and pure

PostPosted: 09/29/12 4:41 pm • # 14 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
In Jimland coffee is one of the four main food groups - there's a cup nearby at any given time. I make a big pot in the morning and it ages to perfection throughout the day. I split the way I take it between just plain black and just plain black with one sweetener.

Sounds like our house. except for the part where i warm up day old and put some water in it so it doesn't actually eat out my insides.

Black is beautiful baby. especially when it's strong enough to disolve the spoon.

PostPosted: 09/29/12 7:26 pm • # 15 
Editorialist

Folgers. In a chipped mug. I pour boiling water though the grounds in a cone filter, it leaks into the cup. I take it with pills.

PostPosted: 09/29/12 7:44 pm • # 16 
Administrator

grampatom wrote:
Folgers. In a chipped mug. I pour boiling water though the grounds in a cone filter, it leaks into the cup. I take it with pills.

A chipped mug? I would have expected a dented tin cup at least! :D

PostPosted: 09/29/12 7:54 pm • # 17 
Editorialist

Last year, I bought a coffee grinder and started buying whole bean coffee. I almost always drink mine black and usually have a pot (5 cup coffeepot) at breakfast. The only flavored coffees I like are those that are chocolate and/or nut flavored, hazelnut and roasted pecan are particular favorites. If they made a coffee perfume, I'd wear it!

PostPosted: 09/29/12 9:17 pm • # 18 
My nearly free* CBTL Single Serve Kaldi S04 Machine for coffee, tea and espresso that I got today at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in West Hollywood in honor of National Coffee Day. I selected the color black.

(*Nearly free because we needed to trade in a used coffee maker, so I picked up a cheap one for $20 at the store.)

I've never had an expresso machine before! Image

Here it is at Amazon on sale for $135:

http://www.amazon.com/CBTL-Kaldi-S04-Si ... B004SH6UTG

Last edited by SciFiGuy on 09/30/12 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 09/30/12 8:53 am • # 19 
Editorialist

grampatom wrote:

A chipped mug? I would have expected a dented tin cup at least!

And then I eat the grounds.

PostPosted: 09/30/12 9:01 am • # 20 
Administrator

At our age, any energy is good energy. ;)

PostPosted: 09/30/12 9:12 am • # 21 

Quote:
A one-cup coffee maker for $135? I can get a 12-cup coffee maker for $30 at Canadian Tire.

I needed to trade a coffeemaker to get this one. I didn't want to trade the one I am using since it is new and wasn't inexpensive, I stopped by Sears to get one. The cheapest one they had was $20, so I got that one. But alongside it was a one-cup coffeemaker that also cost $20.

I'm not exactly sure why this one that I got from Coffee Bean retails for $135, but perhaps because it's also an expresso machine?

Except on rare occasions, I drink my coffee black. (Never with creme or sugar though.) My three favorite coffees are, in this order:

1) McDonald's
2) Folger's Classic
3) Starbucks

PostPosted: 09/30/12 9:32 am • # 22 
Folgers

One huge mug in the morning

black is beautiful

PostPosted: 09/30/12 9:36 am • # 23 
Administrator

No frother? Unacceptable! :D
Are you limited to using the CBTL pods?
How's the crema when making your espresso?

PostPosted: 09/30/12 10:03 am • # 24 
Quote:
Are you limited to using the CBTL pods?

I don't know, but I don't think so. Um, what is a pod??! lol

PostPosted: 09/30/12 10:45 am • # 25 
Administrator

One day I'll learn English and won't need to talk in pictures... :g

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 38 posts ] New Topic Add Reply