It is currently 06/17/24 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 38 posts ]
PostPosted: 09/30/12 11:07 am • # 26 
Editorialist

i love coffee.

PostPosted: 09/30/12 5:29 pm • # 27 
Editorialist

I finally got to try Tim Horton's (bought it on Amazon). It was quite good.

PostPosted: 09/27/13 6:36 pm • # 28 

National Coffee Day is this Sunday. Last year I got a free Expresso machine from Coffee Bean.

This is where you can get free coffee so far this year...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/09/ ... offee-day/

Coffee Bean is again giving away free Expresso machines:

http://cbtl.coffeebean.com/default-cbtl.html

PostPosted: 09/27/13 7:18 pm • # 29 
Administrator

The US is a big coffe producer, eh? ;)

PostPosted: 09/29/13 7:07 pm • # 30 

My new (almost*) free Expresso machine from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. It's a much better machine than the one they gave us last year. (Settings for multiple coffee cup sizes, etc.) I picked up one for my mom too.

[* You have to exchange an old coffee maker to get it, so I picked up two inexpensive coffee makers at Walmart for $8.60/ea.]

Last year the event was held in Hollywood; this year it was at nearby Angels Stadium. Free sample cups of expresso this year too!

PostPosted: 09/29/13 7:20 pm • # 31 
I don't like coffee at all. I mean I could drink it with cream and three sugars, but why?

We have a Tassimo machine. Mother drinks about three cups of Creama a day. Jeff drinks Morning Blend on his way to work. We don't need 12 cups a day. This works for us.

We have hot chocolate and some tea cups. I mostly don't drink any of it.

Last edited by kathyk1024 on 09/29/13 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 09/29/13 7:22 pm • # 32 

I usually drink my coffee black (no cream, no sugar). I only drink flavored coffee once in a blue moon.

PostPosted: 09/29/13 7:29 pm • # 33 
Editorialist

i'm from ontario. coffee is a FOOD GROUP.

PostPosted: 09/30/13 5:48 am • # 34 
Editorialist

laffinalltheway wrote:
I finally got to try Tim Horton's (bought it on Amazon). It was quite good.

“Coffee is the Number 1 consumed item in the Canadian marketplace from a food and beverage standpoint,” said Robert Carter, executive director of foodservice for NPD. “Annually, Canadians consume 2.1 billion servings of coffee, which represents over $6 billion dollars in sales. And that’s just out of home. It’s crazy.”

To put our passion — some might say addiction — in perspective, more people visit Tim Hortons in a week than Disney’s Magic Kingdom sees in an entire year. And that’s just one quick service chain (albeit a popular one: nearly eight in 10 cups of java sold in Canada are poured at Timmies).

http://www.calgaryherald.com/life/Groun ... story.html

PostPosted: 09/30/13 6:26 am • # 35 
Editorialist

Last time I talked to him, my dr. advised me not to quit drinking coffee. I love that guy.

PostPosted: 10/01/13 9:05 am • # 36 
Editorialist

grampatom wrote:
Last time I talked to him, my dr. advised me not to quit drinking coffee. I love that guy.

I've been adding cream to my morning coffee lately. That's breakfast all by itself.

PostPosted: 10/01/13 9:45 pm • # 37 
* Espresso.

Bad fingers. Hehehehe

PostPosted: 10/02/13 6:14 am • # 38 
Editorialist

For my fellow coffee lovers, a short article about coffee culture. Interactive map st the link.

http://www.mrporter.com/journal/journal_issue117/5

THE WORLD OF COFFEE

Words by Mr Mansel Fletcher, Features Editor, MR PORTER

These days food is probably more fashionable than fashion, art or even riding customised vintage motorbikes. In 2013 no self-respecting man can admit to being indifferent about what he eats and drinks, but if there's one element of gastronomy with which hipsters are particularly obsessed, it's coffee. The level of interest, the pursuit of marginal improvements and the amount of money involved would astound our Nescafé Taster's Choice-sipping forebears. However, the result is that the range of options available to a man in search of a good coffee is now so wide as to be thoroughly confusing for the uninitiated.

One of the striking things about the modern coffee scene is the extent to which the Italian tradition has been written out of the picture. The flat white has become so popular that it's possible to imagine that the espresso was invented in Melbourne, rather than in Turin. However, Mr Marco Arrigo, Illy's head of quality in the UK, believes that there's one element of Italian coffee culture that Anglo Saxons can't reproduce. "In the UK and the US you can have the coffee, but you still don't have the culture. You should enjoy a coffee with somebody else, sitting down, drinking from a real cup. To drink coffee on your own, from a paper cup, while sending an email on your BlackBerry is missing the point; it's like eating a meal in front of the television. It's sterile."

If the way it's enjoyed is changing, so are the drinks themselves. Coffee devotees are now moving beyond menus based around a long list of poorly defined, milky drinks. Ms Elyse Bouvier, head barista at new West London café Talkhouse Coffee, explains why: "Our menu simply offers espresso with milk, in three different sizes, rather than flat whites, cappuccinos and lattes. We just couldn't get anyone to agree on the difference between the milky coffees, beyond the changing ratio of espresso to warm textured milk. We liken them to gin and tonics, in that it's just about choosing how much gin you want, and how much tonic."

While this represents a mere refinement of the espresso trend, the real news in the world of coffee is the increasing popularity of a variety of different filter techniques. Read about them, and much more, in our global guide, above.

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 38 posts ] New Topic Add Reply