It is currently 04/28/24 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: 01/01/13 11:34 am • # 1 
Administrator

(CNN) -- A shooting at a New Year's Eve fireworks show in Sacramento, California, where thousands had gathered, killed two people and wounded at least three others, police said.

The shots rang out in Old Sacramento, when a fight at a sports bar spilled out into the street, police said.

Some 40,000 people, including families with young children, had gathered for the 9 p.m. fireworks show, CNN affiliate KOVR reported. Witnesses reported hearing the shots and running for cover.

Police canceled the next fireworks show, which was scheduled for midnight.

Police have not released information on arrests. Witnesses who spoke to KOVR said they saw a man being taken into custody.

"They had one person in an ambulance and one person in a cop car," a woman told the station.

"I saw the gun in the hand. He was just screaming and shooting," said another.

A helicopter flew over announcing the cancellation, and authorities responded with mounted police, squad cars and fire trucks to block off the crime scene, according to KOVR.

The wounded were taken to nearby hospitals, police said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/01/us/califo ... Stories%29

PostPosted: 01/01/13 11:36 am • # 2 
Administrator

Too bad those 40,000 people weren't armed.

PostPosted: 01/02/13 9:36 am • # 3 
When we lived in Texas was the very first time I had ever eperienced seeing the shooting of firearms on New Years Eve. I didn't support it then and I don't now. I think it's totally ignorant.

I truly feel that bar owners should have their own set of rules and not allow firearms of any kind in their place. Everyone knows that excessive alcohol and firearms don't mix and for some they simply do not know when enough is enough.
So sad for the victims here.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply