It is currently 05/17/24 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]
PostPosted: 01/01/13 12:51 pm • # 1 
Administrator

Awww ~ too bad, so sad ~ :ey ~ the big question of course is whether the audience who spoke with their remote controls will return ~ Sooz

Monday, Dec 31, 2012 05:12 PM CST
Sean Hannity lost half his TV audience after the election
Being wrong has consequences
By Alex Halperin

Conservative mouthpiece Sean Hannity lost about half of his TV audience in the weeks after the election while his colleague Bill O’Reily’s viewership only dropped by about a third, the Daily News reported:

The Daily News:

Quote:
So what happened to Hannity?

The going wisdom is that viewers who basked in his preelection anti-Obama rhetoric tuned him out when they were stunned to wake up on Nov. 7 and discover that the President had won a second term — a scenario that Hannity had all but promised could never happen.

Before the election, Hannity was riding high in the ratings and topped thought leaders on the right, like Dick Morris, Ann Coulter, Peggy Noonan and talk radio bulldog Mark Levin, who predicted Obama would lose in a landslide.

Hannity performed even worse in the “money-demo” of viewers aged 25-54. More than half of them deserted his show.

http://www.salon.com/2012/12/31/sean_hannity_lost_half_his_tv_audience_after_the_election/

PostPosted: 01/01/13 3:48 pm • # 2 
Administrator

Fooxed?

PostPosted: 01/02/13 9:41 am • # 3 

Don't worry, their ratings will rise again come next election.

It's interesting that even though FOX News is the number one-rated news-talk channel, and despite most talk stations in the country having a conservative/Republican slant, the Democrats still won the White House the last two elections and hold their own in Congress.

PostPosted: 01/02/13 12:40 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

SciFiGuy wrote:
Don't worry, their ratings will rise again come next election.

It's interesting that even though FOX News is the number one-rated news-talk channel, and despite most talk stations in the country having a conservative/Republican slant, the Democrats still won the White House the last two elections and hold their own in Congress.

doubtful. i think the tide has shifted, here.

PostPosted: 01/02/13 3:25 pm • # 5 
I'm afraid I have to disagree. I predict their ratings will skyrocket again come election time in 2014.

PostPosted: 01/02/13 4:07 pm • # 6 
Administrator

SciFiGuy wrote:
I'm afraid I have to disagree. I predict their ratings will skyrocket again come election time in 2014.

Ditto! :D
Their fan base might be in hiding for a while but, as soon as they're done pouting, they'll be listening to their favorite propaganda station again.

PostPosted: 01/02/13 4:26 pm • # 7 
Editorialist

You make them sound like a fruit fly.

PostPosted: 01/02/13 10:28 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

SciFiGuy wrote:

we have disagreed before. but i am watching VERY long term trends. unless Hannity retools his arguments, i think he will be off the air by 2015.

PostPosted: 01/02/13 11:18 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

Anybody remember this time in 2009. The GOP was done like toast. The right would never rise again. Gonna need a whole new party. Then along came the 2010 midterms.

PostPosted: 01/03/13 2:43 am • # 10 
Administrator

Entertainers tend to have short shelf lives.

PostPosted: 01/03/13 8:29 am • # 11 
Editorialist

How does a doofus like Hannity ever get on national tv or radio to begin with? What are his credentials? He has no political experience, no journalism training, sounds like he may or may not have graduated high school. Has he ever been anything but a mouth?

PostPosted: 01/03/13 8:56 am • # 12 
Administrator

How does a doofus like Hannity ever get on national tv or radio to begin with?

From the FOX bible:

Thou shalt hire doofusi.
Rupert 12:3

PostPosted: 01/03/13 9:23 am • # 13 
Administrator

I'm much closer to Mac's take on this than SciFi's take ~ the loss in demographics goes much further than just Hannity ~ Fox's "everything liberal is evil" mindset might/does attract some with like mindsets ~ but I see it as a very steep uphill battle to win back viewers you've lost because of your own repeatedly-proven dishonesty and rejection of reality ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 01/03/13 1:13 pm • # 14 
Editorialist

macroscopic wrote:
SciFiGuy wrote:

we have disagreed before. but i am watching VERY long term trends. unless Hannity retools his arguments, i think he will be off the air by 2015.

again, this trend has been happening since before 2010, and i suspect it will continue happening. in 2000, Fox's audience was 50% GOP and 50% everyone else. it is now 80% GOP and 20% everyone else, and the numbers are rising in disproportionate-ness. anyone outside the echo chamber knows their goose is cooked. i PERSONALLY don't think that they can recover from it, their brand is so tarnished, but this latter is my PERSONAL opinion. i could well be wrong. but i don't think they will EVER have the audience numbers they had in 2008.

PostPosted: 01/03/13 1:46 pm • # 15 
Fox has a growing share of a shrinking market. Not a good place to be if you're Fox.

PostPosted: 01/03/13 2:06 pm • # 16 
Editorialist

Sidartha wrote:
Fox has a growing share of a shrinking market. Not a good place to be if you're Fox.

well put.

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ] New Topic Add Reply