It is currently 05/20/24 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
PostPosted: 01/05/13 10:43 am • # 1 
Administrator

Will Your Kids Need Bullet Proof Back Packs and Body Armor For School

Were the mass murders of innocent children, teachers and school administrators at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newton, Connecticut a wakeup call for parents across America concerning child safety? According to Fox News, many parents are seriously considering sending their children to school with bullet proof back packs and various degrees of body armor to keep them safe.

Is the nation now at a point where Barbie dolls, Nintendo games, and toy soldiers are going to be replaced with pink and blue bullet proof backpacks and form fitting child size body armor under the Christmas tree?

The violent murders by Adam Lanza of 20 children has re-opened a national debate concerning just how safe are children and what measures or precautions can and should parents take to keep their precious kids safe.

Fox News reported on Wednesday, December 19th that a Utah company’s sales of bullet proof back backs and other safety clothing manufactured by the company Amendment II is literally going through the roof. With an approximate increase of 500 percent in sales since the murderous assaults in Newtown, Conn., parents and perhaps grandparents are grabbing up the, “pint-sized” protection safety lightweight armor called RynoHide.

While President Obama and his newly designated gun-control czar Vice President Joe Biden search for ways to strip gun rights from legal owners by the president’s end of January 2013 deadline, parents are left to fend for themselves.

If stricter gun control measures was the real solution, how does the president and gun control advocates account for the massacre which robbed the young children of their lives in Newton, Conn.? The state is one of five states with the strictest gun control measures in America.

What about the 270 children who were murdered in President Obama’s hometown of Chicago over the past three years. In fact Illinois leads the nation in strict gun control measures. Their gun ban law ban had deprived thousands of home owners of their right to protect themselves in their residence, from home invaders and gang violence until the 2010 U.S. Supreme Court overturned their 28-year-old handgun ban.

Just how many gun control measures will it take before liberal gun control activists and politicians wake up and address the real problem; which is the mentally unstable shooter pulling the trigger. So, whether it is a Columbine or Aurora Colorado massacre or a Newtown, Connecticut mass shooting, it is the shooter that special presidential task forces, national commissions and any other so-called violence solution panels should and must focus on.

Depriving Americans of their 2nd Amendment rights by using a drip, drip, drip method, until finally the nation’s citizens are disarmed is not an option; citizens are willing to witness or permit. This potential constitutional stripping peril was addressed in 2010, by the U.S. Supreme Court. U.S. Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito was insistent in the 2010 court decision which overturned the Chicago City Handgun Ban.

Justice Alito stressed:

"It cannot be doubted that the right to bear arms was regarded as a substantive guarantee, not a prohibition that could be ignored so long as states legislated in an evenhanded manner."

Second Amendment U.S. Constitutional rights are not open for debate nor is it optional for discussion about how a state or a citizen’s group can define the right of an American to fully exercise and embrace defense of home and family. This individual constitutional right cannot be abridged or debated out of existence by Obama or Biden.

As a matter of law, the individual right to bear arms was reinforced in the 2008 U.S. Supreme Court District of Columbia et al. v. Heller decision.

The court held: “that the purpose of the right to keep and bear arms extended beyond the context of militia service to include self-defense.”

In the same decision the U.S. Supreme Court also held that it is not up to the state to determine the type of weapon that a homeowner can use in the defense of life and protection of family. The court added:

“The Court, relying on historical analysis set forth previously in Heller, noted the English common law roots of the right to keep arms for self-defense12 and the importance of the right to the American colonies, the drafters of the Constitution..and the states as a bulwark against over-reaching federal authority.”

With history as a foundation, it is clear that the founders and designers of the U.S. Constitution were not merely interested in a congenial debate about the right to hunt deer, moose or bear. The U.S. Constitution’s 2nd Amendment protection against enemies foreign or domestic should and cannot be influenced by emotional threats based upon unfortunate occurrences which are not connected to the right to protect oneself.

The nation’s children are the most precious gift that is given by God to parents. They by right will embrace everything that can be legally done to protect and preserve their child’s safety. If it includes tens of thousands of parents sending their children to school with bullet proof back packs and body armor, then, it must be done.

Take a page out of the book of the Israeli parents who have to send their children to school under the constant threat of possible violence. Consider some of the teachers at Israeli schools who have the right to carry guns, if trained and licensed and use them in case of an outbreak of a terrorist attack at the school.

Instead of dodging the reality of the dangers which confront the children in a 21st century America, spend more time on teaching your children about how to safeguard themselves against the America that has evil-hearted and sinister-minded individuals.

Before another Newtown, Connecticut tragically captures the nation’s headlines organize around defending the constitutional protection that stand between a child’s safety and unstable killers.

http://www.examiner.com/article/will-yo ... for-school

PostPosted: 01/05/13 11:51 am • # 2 
This article advocates that everyone follow momma Lanza's model.

Fear everyone and arm against the doom. Raise a society of children in the atmosphere of fear.

Worked well in the Lanza's case.

PostPosted: 01/05/13 2:12 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

I think the greatest problem is not "gun control," but "bullet control."

If a burglar is breaking into your home and you have a handgun with six or seven shots, or a shotgun with four or five shots, or a rifle with eight or ten shots, then we have a defensive weapon suitable for most home safety.

If every gun owner wants to prepare for all out combat with their fellow citizens, it is time to interrogate those who need 30 round magazines to find out what information they have, or think they have, that the rest of us don't.

The "Preppers" sound like they've all been indoctrinated by the Jenkins/LaHaye "Left Behind" series, and are preparing for hand to hand combat with Satan's minions.

The one guy on the commercial who is building a fortress someplace, and ends his commercial with "And this is where I intend to make my stand!" (john wayne all the way._

What the hell is he preparing for, the Alamo? I'll have to relearn "Davey Crockett."

I'm getting the feeling that anyone who isn't a prepper is going to be considered an enemy, a burdensome looter who will kill your puppies and your babies in order to eat. So, it isn't a good idea to go looking for help if such an upheaval should occur.

I'm lucky. I'm in such P-poor shape that the minute anything like the French Revolution begins I will almost certainly drop dead. As Chaos said on another thread, "The whole world has gone nuts." (except for thee and me, and I ain't too sure about thee.....?" :o

PostPosted: 01/05/13 2:26 pm • # 4 
Administrator

"The whole world has gone nuts." (except for thee and me, and I ain't too sure about thee.....?"

I'm still sane, thanks.
No gun and neither need nor want one.
No body armour, either.
My paranoia is completely normal. Yes, they are out to get me but they're so bloody inept that I don't worry about it. ;)

PostPosted: 01/05/13 2:42 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

Interesting thing is that this article has nothing to do with protecting you family against criminals. It's entirely devoted to protecting your family from the "good guys" who bought (or would have had the right to buy) their weapons under their Second Amendment rights. Just thinking of the three of the latest ones, Adam Lanza merely borrowed his weapons from his Mom's stash but he could have bought it on his own with no trouble, the guy in Colorado had his own guns and Jared Loughner in Arizona made a trip to Wal-Mart for ammunition before tooling on over to take out Congresswoman Giffords.

So, as you dress little Johnny in his body armour and wonder if the particular shade of kelvar you're wearing matches your shoes and purse as you head down to the local NRA "gotta have my guns" protest, remember you are protesting in favor of you or your little darlings taking a head shot from someone just like you.

As for the real bad guys, all the Second Amendment does is ensure they arm themselves before committing their nefarious acts and, while you're fumbling in your purse for your .45, probably put three slugs in you. Then he walks away with both the $20 in your wallet and your .45.

(Incidentally I love the name of the company selling the bullet proof backpacks, "Amendment 11". It's ironic, they sell goods designed to protect you from people who are exercising their Second Amendment rights.)

PostPosted: 01/05/13 3:02 pm • # 6 
Administrator

WTF, give the kiddies Glocks and sign them up as child soldiers.
That way god'll take care of 'em.

PostPosted: 01/06/13 7:16 pm • # 7 
I've been saying since the 80's that everyone should wear spacesuits.

-Heated in winter
-Air conditioned in summer
-purified air
-gender and race neutral
-bullet proof

NASA would have a huge market!

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply