All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]
PostPosted: 01/25/13 5:53 pm • # 1 
Administrator

Well, that "improves" Fox News a miniscule amount ~ :b ~ Sooz

Sarah Palin’s contract with Fox News not renewed
By Samatha Kimmey
Friday, January 25, 2013 18:14 EST

Sarah Palin, former governor of Alaska and vice presidential candidate, is parting ways with Fox News.

Her contract as a paid contributor has not been renewed with the cable news channel, reported the New York Times. A statement from an executive vice president at Fox, Bill Shine, read, “We have thoroughly enjoyed our association with Governor Palin. We wish her the best in her future endeavors.”

RealClearPolitics reported that a source close to Palin said she was offered a contract but declined it.

As of last week, she and Fox were negotiating a possible new contract. She reportedly received $1 million per year as part of her former contract, although “Fox almost surely offered a lesser amount to Ms. Palin in the recent negotiations,” said the Times.

Relations between Palin and Fox CEO Roger Ailes have been rocky, reported the Huffington Post, and Ailes allegedly has privately called her “stupid.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/25/sarah-palins-contract-with-fox-news-not-renewed/

PostPosted: 01/25/13 8:15 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

i predicted this. no real news here. she is "unmanageable". she can never be employed by anyone, imo.

PostPosted: 01/25/13 9:07 pm • # 3 
Administrator

Sarah Palin’s contract with Fox News not renewed

What a surprise... NOT!

PostPosted: 01/25/13 10:15 pm • # 4 
Administrator

Palin who? I didn't know she was still around. That's what I get for blocking Fox.

PostPosted: 01/27/13 11:52 am • # 5 
The only thing worse than Sarah Palin was the idiot who nominated her for VP on the Republican ticket.

PostPosted: 01/27/13 1:34 pm • # 6 
I've no doubt she will resurface with another source of media attention gig.

PostPosted: 01/28/13 9:45 am • # 7 
Administrator

A bit of enraging trivia ~ :tearhair ~ some "live links" to more/corroborating info in original ~ Sooz

TPMLivewire
Study: Palin Made $15.85 Per Word At Fox News
David Taintor 10:25 AM EST, Monday January 28, 2013

Over the course of three years as a Fox News paid contributor -- earning a reported $1 million a year -- former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin made $15.85 per word, according to a study from the University of Minnesota's Smart Politics published Monday:

Quote:
A Smart Politics review of the more than 150 FOX broadcasts in which Sarah Palin appeared as a paid commentator from 2010 through 2012 finds that she spoke 189,221 words on air during this span, for an average pay rate of $15.85 per word.

According to the study, Palin appeared on the network in some form an average of once every 7.2 days. Most of her appearances were on "Hannity" or "On the Record w/ Greta Van Susteren."

Real Clear Politics broke the news on Friday that Palin and Fox News have parted ways. In a statement to the New York Times, Fox News executive vice president Bill Shine said, “We have thoroughly enjoyed our association with Governor Palin. We wish her the best in her future endeavors.”

h/t Politico.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/study-palin-made-1585-per-word-at-fox

PostPosted: 01/28/13 9:54 am • # 8 
I am proud to say I never saw her once on Fox.

I am sad to say I did get a glimpse of her while her STAR daughter was on Dancing with The Stars. That was enough for me to boycott the show for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: 01/28/13 5:19 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

(stolen from twitter)

So Sarah, how's that Fox-y, News-y thing workin' out for ya?

:lol

PostPosted: 01/28/13 5:57 pm • # 10 
Administrator

LOL, roseanne ~ LOVE THAT! ~ :b

Sooz

PostPosted: 01/28/13 5:58 pm • # 11 
Sarah's looking pretty bad lately. She's looking like she could use a hamburger or 10. She's been trying to fit in with the Hollywood crowd and has lost a lot of weight. Bristol appears to have gone under the knife a few times. I used to think she was an attractive lady, when the tv was on mute, but now, she doesn't even have that going for her.

PostPosted: 01/28/13 9:30 pm • # 12 
Editorialist

She's getting older, and stress is showing in her face. Makes her seem more human, if less "glamorous". Not my idea of beautiful ever.

PostPosted: 01/28/13 9:47 pm • # 13 
She got "skinny" because she is writing a fitness book.

Her 15 Minutes are not up, yet!!!!

PostPosted: 01/30/13 8:33 am • # 14 
Editorialist

kathyk1024 wrote:
She got "skinny" because she is writing a fitness book.

Her 15 Minutes are not up, yet!!!!

Yeah, they are. They ended back last February. She just hasn't accepted it yet. If you check the definition of "washed-up" in the dictionary you will see her picture. Like Lindsay Lohan she will keep thrusting herself in front of any tv camera she can find pleading for someone to pretend she has some residual relevance. She should just send a thank you card to Obama for making it all possible and then retire to enjoy the millions the deluded and their exploiters showered upon her during the good times.

PostPosted: 01/30/13 10:46 am • # 15 
Editorialist

what will Cenk talk about now?

PostPosted: 01/30/13 11:12 am • # 16 
Editorialist

Countdown to her new contract at WND.......

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ] New Topic Add Reply