It is currently 09/20/24 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: Imagine ...
PostPosted: 02/04/13 10:24 am • # 1 
Administrator

the makings of nightmares! ~ :g ~ some "live links" to more/corroborating info in original ~ Sooz

Tagg Romney considering run for Kerry’s Senate seat
By David Edwards
Monday, February 4, 2013 10:30 EST

Tagg Romney, the son of former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, is mulling a run for the Massachusetts Senate seat recently vacated by Secretary of State John Kerry.

The Boston Herald on Monday reported that Republicans were pushing Tagg and his mother, Ann, to consider a campaign for the Senate after former Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA) announced he would not run.

Tagg often accompanied his father during campaign events and at one point even told a radio host that he want to “take a swing” at President Barack Obama because he felt that his father had been depicted as a “liar” during one of the presidential debates.

“But you know you can’t do that because, well, first there is a lot of Secret Service between you and him but also because this is the nature of the process,” Mitt Romney’s eldest child explained.

The Herald observed that Tagg “could be a shining knight to crestfallen Republicans who had set their hopes on Brown.”

And the paper speculated that Tagg may be “bolstering his profile” because he posted a message to Twitter on Saturday for the first time since last November.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/04/tagg-romney-considering-run-for-kerrys-senate-seat/

Post subject: Re: Imagine ...
PostPosted: 02/04/13 12:09 pm • # 2 
No more Romney's please.

PostPosted: 02/04/13 3:03 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

He's the one with the crazy eyes. Nope, won't be voting for him any time soon.

PostPosted: 02/04/13 9:08 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

Dee wrote:
No more Romney's please.

i could stand a bit more, if it involves some scandal, or a sex change operation.

PostPosted: 02/05/13 9:16 am • # 5 
Editorialist

Who was that other politician whose kid had some odd monosyllabic non-name...(was it "Track")? Who names their kid after a snowmobile part?

And this Tagg character makes me think homicide and axe when I see his picture. Maybe he just has bad contacts, but I worry about him.

I'm starting to have warm feelings for Karl Rove, if he's really trying to get the crazies out of Repub politics.

PostPosted: 02/05/13 11:30 am • # 6 
I think we should encourage Ann Romney to run.

I don't think Karl is trying too hard.

PostPosted: 02/05/13 11:53 am • # 7 
Editorialist

Tagg Romney has already said he is not running, per the Boston Herald. Scott Brown has also taken himself out of the race.

PostPosted: 02/05/13 1:53 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

i guess it won't be a very interesting race afterall, then. ;]

PostPosted: 02/05/13 2:44 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

Printed from: Boston Herald (http://bostonherald.com)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Republican Winslow exploring bid for U.S. Senate
Tuesday, February 5, 2013 -- Anonymous (not verified)
Local Coverage [1]
Hillary Chabot [2]
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Republican Winslow exploring bid for Senate
DTI
State Rep. Dan Winslow (R-Norfolk) announced he is opening up an exploratory committee to run for the special U.S. Senate election to replace Secretary of State John Kerry, making him the first Republican to enter a race that most high-profile GOP pols have avoided.

“I have been disgusted by the partisan gridlock in Washington, D.C., and we have a record of proven bipartisan work here in Massachusetts,” Winslow told the Herald in a phone interview. He added in a statement that he is forming, “an exploratory committee to test the waters for the U.S. Senate.

He told the Herald he is positive he can collect the 10,000 signatures needed to get on the ballot should he decide to run.

“I have no doubt that if I run I will meet the signature criteria,” he said. “The next step is to see if I can assemble the team, meet with activists, and see if I can mount a credible winning campaign.”

Winslow’s exploratory committee comes after top-tier Bay State Republicans took a pass on the race in droves, with former U.S. Sen. Scott Brown, Tagg Romney, former Gov. William Weld, former Lt. Gov. Kerry Healey and former State Sen. Richard Tisei all opting out of the race.

The decision could pit Winslow against Gabriel Gomez, a Cohasset Republican and former Navy SEAL who is expected to announce an exploratory committee for U.S. Senate this week. Gomez is expected to head to Washington, D.C., to huddle with National Republicans.

Whoever wins the Republican battle will face either U.S. Rep. Edward J. Markey or U.S. Rep. Stephen F. Lynch.

Winslow, 54, has served as state representative since he was elected in 2010. During his time on Beacon Hill he has become known for his out-of-the-box thinking and his media accessibility.

Winslow recently sent jars of Fluff to Gov. Deval Patrick and other lawmakers when they insisted that all the “fluff” had been cut out of the budget. He also recently suggested that campaign war chests should be taxed to close the budget gap instead of raising taxes on Bay State voters.

The Norfolk resident was no stranger to Massachusetts politics even before his election, serving as chief legal counsel in former Gov. Mitt Romney’s administration and helping former U.S. Sen. Scott Brown during his campaign.

010913winslownl01.jpg [3]
Republican Rep. Dan Winslow said today he is forming an exploratory committee to look into a run for the U.S. Senate. ..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source URL: http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/lo ... _us_senate

PostPosted: 02/05/13 2:47 pm • # 10 
Administrator

kathyk1024 wrote:
I think we should encourage Ann Romney to run.

I don't think Karl is trying too hard.

We'll see how hard Karl is trying sooner rather than later, Kath ~ take a look at our Welcoming the Conservative Victory Project to the field thread ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 02/05/13 3:05 pm • # 11 
Editorialist

this is a really weak field.

PostPosted: 02/05/13 5:17 pm • # 12 
Editorialist

macroscopic wrote:
this is a really weak field.

Yes it is. There is a libertarian (possible) candidate and two Democrats, both longtime state pols from strong districts. No one lighting up the sky but the Dems have the edge simply by affiliation so far.

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ] New Topic Add Reply