All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 33 posts ]
PostPosted: 07/10/13 7:31 am • # 26 
Administrator

It's simple: you play, you pay ~ :ey ~ Sooz

Activist who loaded shotgun in D.C. arrested on gun and drugs charges
By David Edwards
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:57 EDT

A Libertarian activist who posted a July Fourth video of himself loading live ammunition into a shotgun in downtown Washington, D.C. was reportedly arrested late Tuesday.

Adam Kokesh’s producer and roommate Darrell Young told WRC that the gun activist’s home was searched by U.S. Park Police in connection with the YouTube video that shows the shotgun being illegally loaded in downtown D.C.

Fairfax County police assisted in the search and said that Kokesh was taken into custody and charged with possession of a Schedule I or II drug and possession of a Schedule I or II drug while in possession of a firearm.

“We were expecting this,” Young explained. “We were expecting the Government to raid our house.”

It was not immediately clear if investigators located the shotgun Kokesh was holding in his YouTube video.

“We will not be silent. We will not obey,” Kokesh says in the video. “We will not allow our government to destroy our humanity. We are the final American Revolution. See you next Independence Day.”

Earlier this year, the libertarian activist canceled his plans to fight “tyranny” with an armed “Open Carry March” across Memorial Bridge from Arlington into Washington. The police had warned that the march would have violated the city’s gun laws.

In a statement on his Adam vs The Man Studios website, Kokesh vowed to “continue to spread the message of liberty, self ownership, and the non-aggression principle regardless of the government’s relentless attacks on our operation.”

Kokesh was expected to be arraigned Wednesday morning.

Watch this video from WRC, broadcast July 10, 2013. [Sooz says video accessible via end link]

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/10/activist-who-loaded-shotgun-in-d-c-arrested-on-gun-and-drugs-charges/

PostPosted: 07/10/13 7:52 am • # 27 
Editorialist

“We will not allow our government to destroy our humanity."

Oh the humanity! :\'( :rollin

Well, the nutjob got his 15 minutes.

PostPosted: 07/10/13 8:27 pm • # 28 
He went to have a burger with the "rapture preacher"...

PostPosted: 07/11/13 12:26 am • # 29 
Now wouldn't that be the sh*t if he is found guilty on the drug charges, convicted as a felon and can never own a firearm again?

PostPosted: 07/11/13 12:49 pm • # 30 
Editorialist

the monster wrote:
Now wouldn't that be the sh*t if he is found guilty on the drug charges, convicted as a felon and can never own a firearm again?

omfg. i hadn't thought of that.

PostPosted: 11/08/13 11:05 am • # 31 
Administrator

I want this guy sentenced to prison, but I don't know what the sentencing options are ~ :angry ~ there are "live links" to more/corroborating information in the original ~ Sooz

Man Who Planned Armed March On Washington Convicted Of Gun Charge
By Rebecca Leber on November 6, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Adam Kokesh. Screenshot via YouTube.

Gun activist Adam Kokesh pleaded guilty Wednesday to weapon and drug charges, months after posting a video of himself loading a shotgun in the center of Washington, DC.

Kokesh had planned to lead an armed march on Washington to “put the government on notice,” even though it is against the law to openly carry weapons in the District of Columbia. Eventually, he aborted the DC march in favor of a “Revolutionary Army” in all 50 states he called on to overthrow the government and posted a video that clearly showed him armed with the Capitol in the distance. He faces sentencing in January.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/11/06/2902451/adam-kokesh-guilty/

PostPosted: 11/08/13 11:22 am • # 32 
Editorialist

I guess I just dreamed up the part where threats to overthrow the government by force aren't acceptable.
Silly me.

PostPosted: 11/08/13 1:09 pm • # 33 
Editorialist

he needs psychiatric help, imo. perhaps he can get it under the ACA.

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 33 posts ] New Topic Add Reply