It is currently 04/28/24 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 2 of 4   [ 97 posts ]
PostPosted: 05/27/13 4:20 pm • # 26 
Administrator

Today Rob Ford named Sunny Petrujkic as "interim press secretary".
Also today, Sunny Petrujkic, interim press secretary, quit.

PostPosted: 05/27/13 4:25 pm • # 27 
Administrator

LMAO!!! ~ is that for real? ~ :b

Sooz

PostPosted: 05/27/13 4:39 pm • # 28 
Administrator

According to a tweet from a Canadian Press reporter it's for real.
It'll probably make headlines soon, I guess.

PostPosted: 05/27/13 6:50 pm • # 29 
Editorialist

all respectable people, apparently. they want nothing to do with the Fords.

PostPosted: 05/27/13 6:52 pm • # 30 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
That was my thought too, oskar ~

Sooz

sooz- i was hoping you would get the $$ amount shown on the screen.

PostPosted: 05/27/13 7:20 pm • # 31 
Administrator

Mac, if you mean the amount raised, I said in my comments: "the goal was to raise $200,000, final tally is $200,637" ~ I just checked again, and the amount has gone up a bit, to $200,691 ~ after poking around, I found that $200,691 was from 8,373 contributors ~ if you meant something else, let me know ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 05/27/13 8:35 pm • # 32 
It's not a funny situation here in Toronto... in fact, it has become deadly serious:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/27/original-owner-of-toronto-mayors-alleged-crack-video-may-have-been-killed/

PostPosted: 05/27/13 9:12 pm • # 33 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
Mac, if you mean the amount raised, I said in my comments: "the goal was to raise $200,000, final tally is $200,637" ~ I just checked again, and the amount has gone up a bit, to $200,691 ~ after poking around, I found that $200,691 was from 8,373 contributors ~ if you meant something else, let me know ~

Sooz

my screen shot showed it right after it passed $200k.

PostPosted: 05/28/13 12:04 am • # 34 
Editorialist

“I do not use crack cocaine, nor am I an addict of crack cocaine.”

Does anybody but me find this a strange sort of denial. It's all present tense. If I was in his shoes I would be denying ever having used crack. The way he worded it it could mean he hasn't used it since his last coffee break.

PostPosted: 05/28/13 8:00 am • # 35 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
“I do not use crack cocaine, nor am I an addict of crack cocaine.”

Does anybody but me find this a strange sort of denial. It's all present tense. If I was in his shoes I would be denying ever having used crack. The way he worded it it could mean he hasn't used it since his last coffee break.

you know what? i DID catch that it was strange, but i really didn't catch WHY before you posted this.

PostPosted: 05/28/13 8:17 am • # 36 
Administrator

Like PM Harper's denials, Ford's are lawyer-generated.
They are all a bunch of meaningless words.

PostPosted: 10/31/13 3:04 pm • # 37 
Administrator

Back on the merry-go-round ~ :ey ~ Sooz

Toronto cops say they have found infamous Mayor Rob Ford crack smoking video
By Agence France-Presse
Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:29 EDT

Canadian police have recovered a video reportedly showing Toronto’s embattled mayor, Rob Ford, smoking crack cocaine, the city’s police chief announced Thursday.

“The mayor does appear in that video,” Chief Bill Blair told a news conference on an extortion investigation, ending months of speculation after the mayor denied illicit drug use.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/31/toronto-cops-say-they-have-found-infamous-mayor-rob-ford-crack-smoking-video/

PostPosted: 10/31/13 3:24 pm • # 38 
Administrator

From CBC. Meant to post this earlier but got sidetracked.

Rob Ford: 'I have no reason to resign'

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/r ... -1.2303146

PostPosted: 10/31/13 3:32 pm • # 39 
Administrator

Rob Ford: 'I have no reason to resign'

Is he on crack, or what?

PostPosted: 10/31/13 3:40 pm • # 40 
Editorialist

ROFLMAO!!! :rollin

PostPosted: 10/31/13 4:28 pm • # 41 
Administrator

He's even said he's gonna run again.
Can you run for office from a jail cell?

PostPosted: 10/31/13 5:56 pm • # 42 
Editorialist

He really believes that laws are for little people and he is above anyone's judgement, no matter what. He is an out of control ego. Intelligent thinking moral people need to rise up everywhere and take back politics. There are too many of these guys out there taking advantage of the apathy of the average person.

PostPosted: 11/01/13 12:09 am • # 43 
This man actually made the news here today. He really does appear to think he's something special.

PostPosted: 11/02/13 6:52 am • # 44 
Administrator

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave ..." ~ :b ~ Sooz

TPM Editor's Blog
It Wasn't Crack! It Was Weed!
Josh Marshall – November 1, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT

I've said it before but this may be the best story in several hundred years. Yesterday we reported that Toronto police have been investigating Mayor Rob 'Crackalack' Ford for months. And among other things, they've now got the infamous video - the one Gawker raised two hundred grand for, the one a couple people may have been killed for and so much more. But now it gets better.

With the certainty that the tape exists, Ford's lawyer is now floating a different angle. It wasn't crack; he was probably smoking weed! Or maybe tobacco. Who knows. Maybe it was crack. But just because you see the Mayor smoking a crack pipe, do you really want to jump to the conclusion that he's smoking crack? Really? In any case, the Fordites are now calling on the police to release the tape. From Ford's lawyer, Dennis Morris ...

Quote:
"No one is going to approach the media with a video saying he's smoking tobacco or marijuana -- it's not salacious enough," said Morris. "It's not going to sell newspapers, it's not going to make headlines all over the world."

"In my view the reporters from The Toronto Star have probably never smoked crack cocaine as [have] probably 99 per cent of our citizenry," said Morris. "For someone to approach them asking a large sum of money, would it make more sense to say 'I have a video of the mayor smoking crack cocaine, or have a video of the mayor smoking perhaps tobacco, or marijuana? Which one would you be interested in if you're going to buy a video?"

I talked to one of the top reporters up in Toronto last night. And the understanding seems to be that the police aren't going to release the tape but that it will come out at the trial of Sandro Lisi, accused drug dealer, extortionist and sometimes aide and driver to the Mayor.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/it-wasn-t-crack-it-was-weed

PostPosted: 11/02/13 7:20 am • # 45 
Administrator

Rob Ford intoxicated on St. Patrick's Day, report reveals
As public follows the swirl of controversy around the mayor, another report of intoxication appears
CBC NewsPosted: Nov 01, 2013 4:54 PM ET|
Last Updated: Nov 01, 2013 9:06 PM ET

As the city of Toronto reacts to the latest round of allegations about Mayor Rob Ford and drug use, CBC News has obtained a document that outlines one of the most whispered about city hall stories: the mayor's night out on St. Patrick's Day in 2012.

According to an email written by city hall security staff on duty that night:
■Ford and staffers spent a few hours in the mayor's office before heading out around 11 p.m.
■When they returned to city hall at 2 a.m., "it was quite evident the mayor was very intoxicated as he had problems walking … and was swearing at [senior aide] Earl Provost."
■At 2:30 a.m., "the mayor headed down to the security desk alone with a half-empty bottle of St-Remy French brandy."

The report goes on to say that "Ford was quite upset with Provost and on a couple occasions started to yell and swear and made some very alarming allegations regarding councillors Josh Colle and Ana Bailao."

It concluded by saying that despite his state Ford was very courteous, left city hall at 2:50 a.m. by taxi, and that security staff "did our best at keeping him away from the public eye due to his condition."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/r ... -1.2325894

PostPosted: 11/03/13 7:55 pm • # 46 
Editorialist

oskar- are you familiar with the play Ubu Roi?

PostPosted: 11/04/13 6:12 am • # 47 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:

Nope, but will look it up.

PostPosted: 11/04/13 8:17 am • # 48 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
macroscopic wrote:

there is something about Rob Ford that makes me think "Rob Roi"

PostPosted: 11/04/13 8:38 am • # 49 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
oskar576 wrote:
macroscopic wrote:

there is something about Rob Ford that makes me think "Rob Roi"

Rob Roy was a Scottish "outlaw" (depends whose side you're on).

PostPosted: 11/05/13 8:27 am • # 50 
Administrator

TPM LIVEWIRE
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Gets The 'Daily Show' Treatment (VIDEO)
Tom Kludt – November 5, 2013, 8:41 AM EST

With police saying they have video footage of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smoking crack cocaine while making racist and homophobic remarks, Jon Stewart on Monday turned his focus to north of the border.

It's been months since the bizarre story involving Ford's alleged crack use first emerged, and Stewart wasn't about to pass up an opportunity to skewer the embattled mayor once again.

Ford has been in damage control mode since police said they have the crack video. In a recent interview, he expressed regret for getting "hammered down at the Danforth" and said if "you are going to have a couple of drinks, you stay at home and that's it."

The explanation left Stewart amused.

"One, I would very much like to know what happened down at the Danforth," Stewart said. "And two, you realize 'from now on, I'm just going to get f*cked up at home' may not be the answer to either your substance abuse problems or your job as the guy who runs Toronto?"

[Sooz says primo Jon Stewart video accessible via end link]

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/toronto-mayor-rob-ford-gets-the-jon-stewart-treatment-video

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 2 of 4   [ 97 posts ] New Topic Add Reply