It is currently 04/28/24 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4   Page 4 of 4   [ 97 posts ]
PostPosted: 11/16/13 9:07 am • # 76 
Administrator

The "Ford story" gets darker ~ seems Renata Ford has her own substance problems ~ I fear for the children ~ :g ~ Sooz

Report: Police Were Concerned Rob Ford's Wife Was Domestic Abuse Victim
Hunter Walker – November 15, 2013, 3:18 PM EST

New details from a months-old police report revealed on Friday indicated that Mayor Rob Ford's wife, Renata, displayed bruises indicative of domestic violence and was possibly inebriated, according to a Toronto Star story published by columnist Rosie DiManno.

"The mayor's wife was slurring her words and belligerent with the driver. She either refused to pay the fare or did not have the money," DiManno wrote. "Their argument became so heated that the cabbie called for police assistance." The columnist said the incident occurred "nearly a year ago" and began with a dispute between Renata Ford and a cab driver outside her parents' home.

When police arrived, DiManno wrote that they "observed that Mrs. Ford appeared to have bruising on her limbs."

"When asked about it, she refused to say how the injuries had been suffered. She was, in fact, too incoherent to say much of anything -- either inebriated or on drugs," explained DiManno.

According to DiManno, no one was charged after the argument between Renata Ford and the driver. However, DiManno said police "tried following up" with Renata Ford afterward because they were concerned "domestic abuse may be involved." DiManno described Renata Ford as having been "not cooperative" with the police.

This is not the first time there have been questions about domestic violence in the Ford household. In 2008, Ford, then a member of the City Council, was charged with assault and making a death threat against his wife. Those charges were dropped after prosecutors found inconsistencies in Renata Ford's allegations that they said raised "credibility issues."

In her story, DiManno said the Star originally obtained the police report "many months ago" and confirmed it with "police sources." According to DiManno, "senior management at this paper decided not to publish a story about the matter" because Renata Ford "was not someone in the public eye and was therefore entitled to privacy."

"Nobody here had any stomach for expanding the scandal engulfing Toronto's mayor to encompass his family, thereby causing harm, particularly to the couple's two young children," wrote DiManno.

However, DiManno said the Star decided to publish details from the police report after Ford admitted having driven drunk and based on details from court documents released Wednesday that described Ford bringing his children to a party while he was allegedly intoxicated and being driven by an alleged drug dealer.

"There is a strong argument to be made that those kids are at risk," DiManno wrote.

Renata Ford appeared at her husband's side Thursday at a press conference where he apologized to explicit comments he made in reference to some of the accusations contained in the court documents.

Shortly after DiManno's story about the police report went up online, it was removed. Via email, DiManno told TPM the story "was merely posted too early, by mistake."

"We've asked Ford to comment and are waiting for response," said DiManno.

Ford's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment from TPM about the report.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/toronto-star-columnist-details-explosive-police-report-on-rob-ford-s-wife

PostPosted: 11/16/13 9:29 am • # 77 
Administrator

Quote:
"We've asked Ford to comment and are waiting for response," said DiManno.

Not true. In a very tumultuous press conference Rob said:"That Bitch got into my crack stash! What are you pussies want me to do? So I smacked her when she mouthed off but we made up a while later with a few bottles of vodka and a few lines of coke."

PostPosted: 11/16/13 10:33 am • # 78 
Editorialist

In that picture, she looks "beaten". I read where she is considered by neighbors to be reclusive. I do know that she rarely appears in public with him.

How sad. I hope she doesn't recieve the brunt of his anger and frustration now. :(

PostPosted: 11/16/13 10:39 am • # 79 
Editorialist

As soon as he admits to the pizza delivery boys buried in his basement, we'll know the whole story and he can get on with governing the noble city of Toronto.

:whatever

someone save these people from themselves. please.

PostPosted: 11/18/13 8:31 pm • # 80 
Editorialist

ok, i will admit it. Rob Ford is my new Orly Taitz. he is the perfect embodiment of "doesn't know when to quit".

PostPosted: 11/18/13 8:44 pm • # 81 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
ok, i will admit it. Rob Ford is my new Orly Taitz. he is the perfect embodiment of "doesn't know when to quit".

Entertaining, innit?

PostPosted: 11/18/13 9:29 pm • # 82 
Editorialist

macroscopic wrote:

Awww, I never thought anyone would replace Orly in your heart. :b

Can you imagine them as a couple? How about any offspring? :puke

PostPosted: 11/18/13 9:44 pm • # 83 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
macroscopic wrote:

Entertaining, innit?

like a train wreck! :eek

PostPosted: 11/18/13 10:56 pm • # 84 
Editorialist

Can you imagine them as a couple? How about any offspring?

Have you seen pictures of his wife? Have you seen pictures of Oily? It may not be as far fetched as you think.

BTW: I was reading at the beginning of this thread about Rob Ford's family's ties to the drug trade. A couple of days ago it came to light that Jim Flarhety, our federal Finance Minister, is a close friend of the family. Considering the whole family is mixed up in the drug trade, just what does "close to the family" mean.

PostPosted: 11/19/13 10:25 am • # 85 
Administrator

In just 14 words, Rob Ford has succeeded in becoming a caricature of himself ~ :ey ~ Sooz

TPM EDITOR'S BLOG
11.18.2013 – 11:57 PM EST
Quote of the Day

Rob Ford on his new TV show Ford Nation: “I know in my heart everyone has personal problems. I urinated in a parking lot ... what does that have to do with anything?”

— Josh Marshall

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/ford-i-urinated-in-parking-lot

PostPosted: 11/19/13 10:42 am • # 86 
Editorialist

lol, now he says he's had a "jesus moment" and is getting help. I guess that "help me Canadian Jesus" (I forgot which comic said that) wasn't too far fetched......and probably where he got the idea.

PostPosted: 11/19/13 6:18 pm • # 87 
Editorialist

he compared himself to Kuwait the other day.

PostPosted: 11/19/13 6:27 pm • # 88 
Editorialist

macroscopic wrote:
he compared himself to Kuwait the other day.

That's fair. They're both roughly the same size and he gets his clothes made by Ahmed The Tent Maker.

PostPosted: 11/20/13 9:39 am • # 89 
Editorialist

LMAO jim!!

Then there's this. In regards to the hours required to edit, we can all figure out why...........

TORONTO - The plug has been pulled on Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's new TV show after a single episode.

Sun News Network vice-president Kory Teneycke says "Ford Nation" was the highest rated program ever on the channel, grabbing 155,000 viewers when it first aired last night.

But he says despite the large viewership the show proved too costly to make, taking five hours alone to record and another eight to edit.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/for ... z2lCV9ujcv

PostPosted: 11/21/13 12:54 am • # 90 
Editorialist

Most of the eight editing hours was probably - as they say -"deleting expletives."

PostPosted: 11/21/13 8:06 am • # 91 
Administrator

jimwilliam wrote:
Most of the eight editing hours was probably - as they say -"deleting expletives."

"Hi, bleep folks, i'm bleep Rob, your bleep major. I'm bleep glad you bleep turned in to my bleep new show. Let's get bleep started!"

PostPosted: 11/21/13 8:11 am • # 92 
Administrator

In related news:

Tea party Rep. Trey Radel busted for cocaine in D.C.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/19/3 ... rylink=cpy

I knew it wasn't just the tea!

PostPosted: 11/21/13 8:37 am • # 93 
Editorialist

LMAO! No, it's not the tea, it's the booze. How that leads to cocaine use, I'll never know. It's certainly not an excuse! Sounds familiar........

“I’m profoundly sorry to let down my family, particularly my wife and son, and the people of Southwest Florida,” the 37-year-old Republican, whose legal name is Henry Jude Radel III, said in a statement. “I struggle with the disease of alcoholism, and this led to an extremely irresponsible choice. As the father of a young son and a husband to a loving wife, I need to get help so I can be a better man for both of them.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/19/3 ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: 11/21/13 4:35 pm • # 94 
Editorialist

Rob Ford, the movie. Starring the late Chris Farley :rollin :popcorn

PostPosted: 11/21/13 4:48 pm • # 95 
Editorialist

that was excellent.

PostPosted: 12/05/13 8:45 am • # 96 
Administrator

It gets even worse.

Rob Ford documents: 8 revelations from wiretap evidence
Heroin use, a rift between the Fords and an office 'walk of shame' among allegations in police docs
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/r ... -1.2451620

PostPosted: 12/18/13 4:55 pm • # 97 
Administrator

I'm trying, and failing, to imagine Bob Marley's reaction to this ~ :b ~ Sooz

TPM LIVEWIRE
Rob Ford Boogies To Bob Marley At Toronto Meeting (VIDEO)
Hunter Walker – December 18, 2013, 11:03 AM EST

Embattled Toronto Mayor Rob Ford would like to jam it with you and he hopes you like jamming too.

Ford was feeling all right during Tuesday's meeting of the city council as he danced and sang with a reggae band that played Bob Marley's 1977 hit "One Love/People Get Ready."

The musical interlude seemed to be a welcome break for Ford who has been embroiled in an ongoing scandal centered on his admitted use of crack cocaine.

Along with the jam session, Tuesday's council meeting also featured Ford sarcastically apologizing for remarks he made implying councillors were corrupt during a contentious meeting Monday. Ford was asked to apologize for his remarks by Council Speaker Frances Nunziata.

“How about ‘I am so sorry?’ Is that as good as 'I apologized?’" Ford asked. "Which one do you want Madam Speaker? Like super, super, super, super, super, super, super, sorry?”

Watch a clip of Ford's reggae dance moves below.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/video-rob-ford-dances-to-bob-marley-at-toronto-city-council-meeting

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4   Page 4 of 4   [ 97 posts ] New Topic Add Reply