It is currently 07/02/24 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
PostPosted: 06/06/13 1:48 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

...flying over your house, it may just be that Domino's Pizza you ordered. lol

I won't post the story, but Dominos is testing pizza delivery by drone. There are a couple of videos of the test flight at the link.

http://www.slashgear.com/dominos-drone- ... -06285256/

PostPosted: 06/06/13 4:15 pm • # 2 
Administrator

I'm gonna have to rethink this gun thingie...a shotgun sounds like an idea.

PostPosted: 06/06/13 4:17 pm • # 3 
Lol! What next? I doubt they'll try that in Arkansas--too many gun totin rednecks who listen to too many conspiracy theories!

PostPosted: 06/06/13 5:51 pm • # 4 
Administrator

A helicopter battle of the pizza chains to gain market share would be interesting.

PostPosted: 06/07/13 7:07 am • # 5 
Editorialist

Don't order the pepperoni pizza - the pepperoni contains RFID chips so that the govt can keep tabs on anyone who eats them.

PostPosted: 06/07/13 8:59 am • # 6 
Editorialist

Ten years ago I, ever eager to improve the lives of my fellow Americans, proposed PODBO (Postal and Other Delivery by Ballistic Ordnance). The idea was greeted with amused scorn by everyone in the Bush administration (with the exception of Vice President Cheney). Well, times have changed, and it's time for another look.

With our Mid-east wars winding down, our loyal workers in large-caliber ammunition plants face looming unemployment. Our roads are increasingly clogged with UPS trucks, Fed-X vans and clapped-out little pizza delivery cars, making motorcycle travel more and more hazardous. Let's ease the congestion, let's protect the jobs of our hard-pressed bombshell assemblers. Let's have our new LL Bean boots and our Pepperoni w/extra cheeses shot right to our homes within moments of placing the order. You want your pizza hot and fresh? Incoming!!

The GPS system is now able to pinpoint residential and business addresses on earth within a few inches. We can specify impact at the front or back door, using my new WAAAH! technology (Wide Area Artillery Arrival At Home!). You want to deliver something to your friend in Russia? There's ICBMs - Items Can Be Moved someplace (available from the Nebraska location only).

Drones? Bah! Kid stuff!

edit: Almost forgot - I'm working on a mobile launch multiple order cancellation system. More later.

PostPosted: 06/07/13 9:20 am • # 7 
Editorialist

lol gramps!

Amazon has been quietly testing a home food delivery service in Seattle for about a year and are going to expand it nationwide. AmazonFresh. Fresh produce, meat etc. Same day or next day delivery. Pretty cool, especially for shut-ins, people who are too busy to shop or people who must drive a good distance anyway.

Delivered in temperature controlled bags that you can re-use if you choose a 3 hour window for delivery. To your door, but only in single family dwellings or anywhere there isn't controlled access. For apartments/highrises, you can choose Attended delivery that is a one hour window and your groceries are delivered to your kitchen. No special bags needed.

They tried a grocery delivery service here at one of our major stores. It never really caught on, but was quite expensive.

I've looked at Amazon's current grocery online offerings and they are pretty reasonable but that is for bulk. The "Fresh" stores have "free" delivery depending on your area and also if you earn "Big Radish" status by ordering a lot.

Interesting concept. I remember when Amazon came online was predicted to fail. LOL

PostPosted: 06/07/13 12:31 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

I'm already a big Amazon user and if they started up a grocery delivery service in my area, I'd definitely give them a try. Currently, I use Peapod.

PostPosted: 06/07/13 1:29 pm • # 9 
grampatom... it's funny you should mention that. German rocket scientists proposed a mail rocket before the V1 and V2 were invented.

PostPosted: 06/07/13 2:21 pm • # 10 
Editorialist

You mean I am violating one of Werner Von Braun's Raketenwehr patents? Let him sue me.

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ] New Topic Add Reply