It is currently 07/02/24 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 07/08/13 5:43 pm • # 1 
Administrator

Best thing to happen to Texas! ~ anyone wanna start a pool on when Perry will announce his new "affiliation" with Fox? ~ :ey ~ Sooz

Rick Perry not running for 4th term, will ‘pray’ about future plans
By David Edwards
Monday, July 8, 2013 15:35 EDT

Gov. Rick Perry (R) announced on Monday that he would not run for a fourth term, but vowed to pass an abortion ban before leaving office.

At an event in San Antonio, the governor quoted Ecclesiastes 3: “For everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven.”

“I’m excited about the future and the challenges ahead, but the time has come to pass on the mantle of leadership,” he said. “Today, I’m announcing I will not see re-election as governor of Texas… And I’ll also pray and reflect and work to determine my own future path.”

“I am looking forward to the next 18 months as I serve out my term,” Perry later added. “I will continue working hard to do what’s best for Texas and that includes this special session and additional sessions if required.”

“Improving transportation infrastructure, passing juvenile justice reform and protecting the right to life for the youngest and most vulnerable Texans. Texas is and will remain a strong pro-life, pro-family, pro-freedom state.”

Watch this video from KHOU, broadcast July 8, 2013. [Sooz says video accessible via end link]

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/08/rick-perry-not-running-for-4th-term-will-pray-about-future-plans/

PostPosted: 07/08/13 6:48 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

anyone wanna start a pool on when Perry will announce his new "affiliation" with Fox?

Or another run at POTUS?

PostPosted: 07/08/13 11:58 pm • # 3 
Good for Texas and I hope he doesn't make another run for President. You'd think one embarrassment would be enough for him but than again.... he is an idiot.

PostPosted: 07/09/13 9:18 am • # 4 
Editorialist

Dee wrote:
Good for Texas and I hope he doesn't make another run for President. You'd think one embarrassment would be enough for him but than again.... he is an idiot.

Whether it's good for Texas remains to be seen. They don't exactly have a track record of electing rational governors.

PostPosted: 07/09/13 9:25 am • # 5 
Administrator

jimwilliam wrote:
Dee wrote:

Whether it's good for Texas remains to be seen. They don't exactly have a track record of electing rational governors.

True enough if you're thinking gwb and now Perry ~ not so true if you include Ann Richards, who was fabulous ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/09/13 12:54 pm • # 6 
Sooz, that is true. I'm hoping that the great abortion battle has stirred up the old democrats. Lately the dems just haven't been into the state stuff, with all money going to Obama. The repubs have a split going between the old ones vs the new Cruz ones. This is a great opportunity.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply