It is currently 07/01/24 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: The Royal Birth
PostPosted: 07/24/13 6:27 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Congrats to the Royal couple! I wonder how many radio stations played this after the little prince was born? If they didn't, they missed a rare chance, lol.

Post subject: Re: The Royal Birth
PostPosted: 07/24/13 7:04 am • # 2 
Administrator

When I saw the still photo of Kate, Will, and baby leaving the hospital, I had an immediate flashback to Diana, Charles, and baby Will leaving the same hospital ~ the real shocker to me is that I vividly remembered something from 30+ years ago!

I don't get the nasty comments from "some" on the media coverage ~ Kate and Will are international figures so of course there will be media attention ~ and while I'm not a fan of "royalty" in general, it is Brit tradition and culture ~ why can't people either [a] wish them well and shut up, or [b] just shut up?

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/24/13 7:23 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Good call, roseanne!!!!

That moment in front of the hospital struck me too, sooz. And boy did I recognize that little "whew!" from William after he put his son in the car for the ride home. lol

PostPosted: 07/24/13 8:41 am • # 4 
Editorialist

LOl Chaos

Ya know, if I was Kate and knew the baby was a boy, I would've insisted that they play that during the birth. It's just too perfect! :D

sooz, I saw a slide show the other day of royal babies, including Di and baby Will. The most interesting were ones of the Queen Mum with Elizabeth as an infant and Princess Grace (Grace Kelly) with her baby. The BEST (imo) was of Prince Charles and his sister Princess Anne. Anne is LOL'ing and it's priceless. No boring posed pic.

PostPosted: 07/24/13 8:44 am • # 5 
Editorialist

I also wanted to say that people who crap all over this event are, imo, mean spirited and small. It's a beautiful, joyful event in our world of wars and domestic political hostilities.

PostPosted: 07/24/13 8:47 am • # 6 
Administrator

roseanne wrote:
I also wanted to say that people who crap all over this event are, imo, mean spirited and small. It's a beautiful, joyful event in our world of wars and domestic political hostilities.

PERFECT!!! ~ :st :st :st :st :st :st :st :st :st :st

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/24/13 8:52 am • # 7 
I think I'm mostly mean spirited and small. I hope the baby lives a happy life; mostly like I hope all newborns get to live a happy life. I think Kate is beautiful and William adores her. That will give them all a good shot.

But enough.... I really DO think royalty is just wrong. This baby is no more or less important than any other baby even with the status of his noble birth.

Good luck, Kate, William and baby.

Good luck any other nameless families I will never know.

PostPosted: 07/24/13 9:40 am • # 8 
Editorialist

No you aren't kathy. You didn't disparage them or the baby. Your beef with royalty (in general) is something a lot of people feel, but you still wished them well.

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply