It is currently 06/28/24 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 17 posts ]
PostPosted: 08/08/13 2:28 pm • # 1 
Administrator

This Michele Bachmann/Christine O'Donnell/Sarah Palin wannabe proves that TP idiocy is highly contagious ~ :b ~ Sooz

Australian far-right candidate is even dumber than a tea partier
By David Ferguson
Thursday, August 8, 2013 14:17 EDT

While the United States may have some truly awe-inspiringly stupid elected officials and wannabe elected officials — from Rep. Louis “Don’t Cast Aspersions on my Asparagus” Gohmert (R-TX) to Christine “I’m Not a Witch” O’Donnell to Congressional Republicans who have voted three times to de-fund ACORN, an aid organization that hasn’t existed since 2010 — it appears that we may have a challenger to U.S. hegemony in the field of “dumbest politicians speaking English” in the form of Australia’s Stephanie Banister.

Banister, who is currently facing criminal charges for engaging in anti-Muslim hate-based acts of vandalism, is running to represent her native Queensland in the Australian Parliament. She is representing the far-right One Nation party and hopes to make Australia an overtly hostile environment to Muslims.

The 27-year-old mother of two told Australia’s Channel Seven, “I don’t oppose Islam as a country, but I do feel that their laws should not be welcome here in Australia.”

The woman who some are calling “Australia’s Sarah Palin” went on to say that she supports “the Jews” because “they follow Jesus Christ” (they don’t) and that while she would outlaw halal food — which she repeatedly referred to as “haram food” — she would allow kosher food to remain in stores because it doesn’t carry a tax like “haram food.” (It does.)

She also said that she would outlaw the Quran.

Watch video of Banister’s interview with Channel Seven, embedded via Channel Seven News, below:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/08/australian-far-right-candidate-is-even-dumber-than-a-tea-partier/

PostPosted: 08/08/13 3:10 pm • # 2 
Administrator

They say she can see Islam from her porch. But can she skin a kangaroo?

PostPosted: 08/08/13 3:19 pm • # 3 
Administrator

LOLOL! ~ maybe CM can/will answer that ~ :b

Sooz

PostPosted: 08/08/13 3:36 pm • # 4 
Administrator

jabra2 wrote:
They say she can see Islam from her porch. But can she skin a kangaroo?

Sheep fer da lads 'n roos fer da sheilahs. ;)

PostPosted: 08/08/13 4:08 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

Yep, we have our own "dumb as dog shit" politicians and the "One Nation Party" has been a haven for them. It was started by a fish and chip shop owner who was kicked out of the Liberal Party for making racist statements about Asians when she was running as a candidate for election.

You have to remember that this is Queensland we are talking about. You have your deep south, we have our deep North.

But there's one big difference. Her chances of winning the election are roughly zero. Heck, she'll be lucky to get her deposit back. In the last Queensland state election (the only elections where One Nation" has had any success at all) support for the party had slumped so badly that less than 3000 people state wide voted for its candidates, that's less than 0.1%.

On the Other hand, your Sarah was Governor of Alaska and the Republican candidate for Vice President. Bit of a difference there!
:neener

PostPosted: 08/08/13 5:34 pm • # 6 
Administrator

On the Other hand, your Sarah was Governor of Alaska and the Republican candidate for Vice President. Bit of a difference there!

Indeed.
The Republicans helped put a Black guy in the White House!

Last edited by Anonymous on 08/08/13 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 08/08/13 6:45 pm • # 7 
Editorialist

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

Hahahaha! Obviously not in Queensland. :b

Sorry, I couldn't resist. What a fence post! I wonder if she even knows what Parliment is or where it is located? I feel sorry for her kids.

PostPosted: 08/08/13 6:48 pm • # 8 
Administrator

I wonder if she even knows what Parliment is or where it is located?

I don't know where it's located either. ;)

PostPosted: 08/08/13 6:52 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

i like how they knock down everything she says. i wish we would do that, here.

for a person who purports to be interested in learning, it is surprising how little she knows.

PostPosted: 08/08/13 7:11 pm • # 10 
Administrator

Quote:

Dreamer! If they'd do it here there wouldn't be time left for commercial breaks, the backbone of American society.

PostPosted: 08/08/13 9:31 pm • # 11 
macroscopic wrote:

for a person who purports to be interested in learning, it is surprising how little she knows.

I wish they would too. I don't know if we should find comfort we aren't the only country with ignorant nutjobs or be afraid...vewwwwwwwwy vewwwwwwwwy afwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid.

PostPosted: 08/09/13 4:58 pm • # 12 
Administrator

Aussie is working overtime to catch up to our US and Canadian "extreme oddities" ~ :b ~ Sooz

Australian politician resigns after alleged mistress shares selfie of his penis in a glass of red wine
By Scott Kaufman
Friday, August 9, 2013 16:54 EDT

Australian politician, avowed Catholic and married father-of-two Peter Dowling announced his resignation after a woman claiming to be his mistress informed the Queensland parliament that he had misappropriated government travel funds during the course of their affair. She also claims that Dowling, the former chairman of the Ethics committee, sent her explicit text messages and photographs not “befitting a Member of the Queensland parliament,” including one in which he immersed his penis in a glass of red wine.

Dowling apologized for his behavior. “To my wife, my children, mum, brother and sister, my extended family and friends I am sorry for the shame and embarrassment that I have caused you. I am not proud of the events plastered all over today’s paper and I cannot and will not defend any part of it,” he said.

Fellow Parliamentarians expressed shock at the revelations. As one anonymously confided to The Australian, “It has me stumped; Peter is a good bloke, a family man, a Catholic and smart.” The same member added, “I won’t be accepting any invitation from him in the future to go for a drink.”

According to his alleged mistress, the behaviors Dowling will not defend include promising that they would live together after the 2015 election and sleeping with her in his Parliament office, as well as the bed he shared with his wife of 27 years, Helen. Moreover, she believes that she is but “one of a number of woman … who has [sic] been treated in this way Mr. Dowling,” which means that Dowling may soon find himself in a position similar to that of Anthony Weiner: facing the first of many accusations of impropriety.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/09/australian-politician-resigns-after-alleged-mistress-shares-selfie-of-his-penis-in-a-glass-of-red-wine/

PostPosted: 08/09/13 5:12 pm • # 13 
Editorialist

I liked the comment about “I won’t be accepting any invitation from him in the future to go for a drink.”

But you have to realise that sexual impropriety isn't such a big deal over here. Quite a few of our PMs have been notorious womanisers, and that's from both sides of politics. At least one leader of the Liberal party apparently "died on the job". The thing is that almost nobody really cares all that much and even the media usually ignores it. The bizzare element of this particular case is what got it publicity I guess.

BTW, the dumbo Ms Banister of the original story has now been officially deselected by "One Nation", so she can't even look forward to the 100 or so votes she might have got.

PostPosted: 08/09/13 6:18 pm • # 14 
Administrator

Quote:
I liked the comment about “I won’t be accepting any invitation from him in the future to go for a drink.”

No wine tasting anytime soon, I guess. I reckon the wine glass image left a long-lasting impression.

PostPosted: 08/09/13 6:30 pm • # 15 
Administrator

including one in which he immersed his penis in a glass of red wine.

There ya go. She hates red wine.

PostPosted: 08/10/13 11:30 am • # 16 
Editorialist

Cattleman wrote:
Yep, we have our own "dumb as dog shit" politicians and the "One Nation Party" has been a haven for them. It was started by a fish and chip shop owner who was kicked out of the Liberal Party for making racist statements about Asians when she was running as a candidate for election.

You have to remember that this is Queensland we are talking about. You have your deep south, we have our deep North.

But there's one big difference. Her chances of winning the election are roughly zero. Heck, she'll be lucky to get her deposit back. In the last Queensland state election (the only elections where One Nation" has had any success at all) support for the party had slumped so badly that less than 3000 people state wide voted for its candidates, that's less than 0.1%.

:neener

stop mocking us, or we'll nuke you- no matter what Randy Newman says.

PostPosted: 08/10/13 12:23 pm • # 17 
Administrator

Y'all are highly mockable. ;)

Page 1 of 1   [ 17 posts ] New Topic Add Reply