It is currently 06/28/24 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
PostPosted: 08/12/13 9:51 pm • # 1 

This week Donald Trump said: "Looking ahead to the 2016 presidential campaign, Hillary is going to be tougher to beat than President Obama" was last year. He urged Republicans to pick "the right person, the perfect person to be the party’s nominee."

And "Republicans will have a really tough time in the 2016 presidential race if Hillary Clinton runs."

Is Hillary Clinton really that unstoppable? Why would Hillary be tougher to beat than Obama was? Let's not forget that Hillary Clinton lost to Obama.

Image In Iowa, Donald Trump warns Republicans about Hillary, immigration

Image Donald Trump Says Immigration Bill May Be ‘Death Wish’ for GOP

PostPosted: 08/13/13 8:38 am • # 2 
Administrator

He urged Republicans to pick "the right person, the perfect person to be the party’s nominee."

Meaning "The Donald", of course.

PostPosted: 08/13/13 9:27 am • # 3 

Is Hillary really more unbeatable than Obama?

It seems contradictory since Obama beat Hillary.

Donald is not the only one who thinks so. Many believe that the only reason Obama won is because blacks rallied around him, and so it wasn't so much that Obama won because of his message but rather because of his skin color.

What do you think?

PostPosted: 08/13/13 9:32 am • # 4 
Administrator

Given that blacks make up some 10 or so % of the US popuiation it seems impossible that Obama was elected by blacks. No doubt the majority of blacks voted for him but so did women, Hispanics, gays, and all the other demographics that felt disenfranchised by the Republicans.
IMO, the Republicans beat themselves with their arrogance.

PostPosted: 08/13/13 10:24 am • # 5 
Administrator

I mostly agree with oskar ~ but I'll go even further ~ 8 years of the gwb cabal took its toll on the public ~ unending "wars of choice", leading to an extreme recession, leading to almost uncountable unemployment ~ people craved/needed/demanded change ~ and Barack Obama has one thing that Hillary Clinton does not share: that one thing is his gender ~ I'm convinced sexism is even more prevalent than racism ~

I voted for Obama [twice!] and I don't regret that ~ it was a tough decision for me in 2008 and, honestly, I think somewhat knowing him pushed me in his direction ~ while I'm not thrilled or supportive with some of his actions and/or lack of action, I think he has done a truly remarkable job against unprecedented obstructionism every step of the way ~ and I credit him with stopping the hemorrhaging and pulling us back from the brink ~

Having said all that, I will vote for Hillary in 2016 if she is the Dem candidate ~ she has proven her smarts and dead-on acumen again and again ~ and if she decides to run, I'll fully support her in every way I can ~ I see Hillary's biggest hurdle being the massive amounts of cash that will flood in to defeat her ~ but just the thought of a Rubio or a Ryan or a Cruz or a Paul or a Santorum or a [OMG!] Trump in office makes my eyes roll to the back of my head ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 08/13/13 10:38 am • # 6 
I voted for Obama twice and don't regret it at all. In my lifetime I have probably voted for more Republicans than Democrats but I can honestly say that unless every Republican in politics now is removed, I will never vote Republican again. I have always been a huge Hillary fan. Wanted her to win the nomination when Obama did and I think had she done it, our country would be in a better place than it is today and that's no fault of Obama's... he didn't get to pick his skin color.

PostPosted: 08/13/13 10:40 am • # 7 
Administrator

I see Hillary's biggest hurdle being the massive amounts of cash that will flood in to defeat her ~ but just the thought of a Rubio or a Ryan or a Cruz or a Paul or a Santorum or a [OMG!] Trump in office makes my eyes roll to the back of my head ~

All the money in the world can't make these guys electable.
Their only recourse is mass voter fraud/disenftanchisement... which the Repugnants are working on.

PostPosted: 08/13/13 2:33 pm • # 8 

I understand that many ethniticities voted for Obama. But that doesn't address the question. The question was: If blacks had not rallied behind Obama, would Obama have had enough votes to have been elected? That's the issue.

PostPosted: 08/13/13 2:44 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

Why presume that blacks voted for Obama because of his skin color, rather than because of his message?

PostPosted: 08/13/13 2:50 pm • # 10 
Administrator

SciFiGuy wrote:
I understand that many ethniticities voted for Obama. But that doesn't address the question. The question was: If blacks had not rallied behind Obama, would Obama have had enough votes to have been elected? That's the issue.

Sorry, but have nothing to back that up so there isn't much of an issue to discuss.

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ] New Topic Add Reply