It is currently 06/28/24 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Can coffee kill you?
PostPosted: 08/20/13 6:44 am • # 1 
Editorialist

As I read this article with it's statistics, I thought.....huh? I'll post a portion of the article and then some of the comments which are hillarious, especially the first one!

Could your coffee habit kill you?

One drink became a habit. I graduated to owning my own cappuccino machine and now, if I miss my morning cup, a headache is sure to kick in. (And at that point, no amount of coffee will diffuse it.) But could that headache be a red flag signaling worse things to come? If a new study from the Mayo Clinic is any indication, that daily coffee might be killing me.

Researchers tracked 43,000 adults for 17 years. Men younger than 55 who drank more than 28 cups a week had a 56 percent higher risk of dying compared with men who drank none. Women younger than 55 showed a doubled risk. More was worse, but risk rose with as few as eight cups per week.

Of course, the study was observational -- the type that can't prove that one thing causes another. Even the researchers noted that the jury is still out on coffee's risks, since other studies have been mixed about whether coffee is bad for you.

http://healthyliving.msn.com/blogs/soun ... 3e&_nwpt=1

Comments:

Crosshairs
1 hour ago
I'm thinking that everyone has a 100% chance of dying whether they drink coffee or not.....

myblackdaddy1
1 hour ago

I been drinking coffee for 50 years and several cups a day. Why stop now? I am more concerned about a host of other ingredients in my everyday food more so than coffee. How about hormones in meat, weed killer in grain, aspertane in sodas, and mercury and arsenic in immunizations? Much more deadly in my opinion.

Crosshairs
1 hour ago
I mean, really... What kind of study? Observational? And how they describe it the study means that about 45% of the people that drink coffee must be Highlanders and won't die, ever. (Unless of course they get into a swordfight and lose their head...) What an absolutely stupid article and study.....

Someone
33 minutes ago

The chances of everyone around me dying increases by 200% if I don't get my coffee. I drink for the sake of everyone else's health.

Brian S
1 hour ago
Dying from what exactly.....car accidents? Heart attacks?

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply