It is currently 06/28/24 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: 08/21/13 5:25 am • # 1 
Editorialist

You may remember that I posted about this the first time, as well as talked about this man several years ago when my daughter and SIL attended his church, and I went along for one service. I spotted the phoney from the get-go. I kept "staring daggers" at the prick, with my arms crossed and he kept looking right at me. In fact, he abruptly ended his "sermon" about his Cali golfing trip and how much money he needed to "spread his ministry. ;)

A little more background: He supposedly started his ministry "The Basement" in his parent's basement with a couple of friends, which has gone national. Perhaps he has good intentions, perhaps not. His following is almost 100% young people 13-25, who empty their pockets for him. To be fair, he's probably helped a lot of young people. I know he helped my daughter and SIL. It's his end game that isn't so pure, as with most of these shysters. Here is where he is now (how appropriate is the shirt? :lol ). If you have a chance read the comments at the link:

Youth pastor Matt Pitt struggles with cops, in custody in Birmingham after short chase

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Embattled youth pastor Matt Pitt was arrested in Birmingham tonight after he ran from law enforcement and then struggled with them before he was handcuffed and arrested.

Pitt, the 30-year-old evangelist wanted on felony charges of impersonating a peace officer, was captured on 20th Street near Vulcan. Jefferson County sheriff's Chief Deputy Randy Christian said deputies got a tip that Pitt, founder of one of the country's largest youth ministries, was on his way to a local television studio.

When a deputy took custody of Pitt tonight and asked him where he worked, Pitt answered that he worked for the sheriff. "His story just continues to get stranger by the moment,'' Christian said. "You can draw your own conclusions as to why."
Jefferson County sheriff's deputies on Friday announced a felony warrant against Pitt on the charge of impersonating a peace officer. They said on June 15 they were called to Falling Creek Lane to investigate a report of a man impersonating a law enforcement officer.

Deputies were told there was a suspicious vehicle sitting in front of a home two hours earlier and the resident had seen people going back and forth between the vehicle and a nearby wooded area.

The caller said he went to investigate and discovered a rifle hidden at the edge of the woods. He summoned law enforcement. While he was waiting for them to respond, two men drove up on ATV's. When the man asked them what they were doing, Pitt retrieved the rifle and identified himself as a law enforcement officer.

In his 2012 arrest, Pitt was charged with a felony after Calera police said he was flashing blue lights to pull over cars on Interstate 65. He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/08/you ... rt_m-rpt-2

PostPosted: 08/24/13 7:21 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Hahahahaha! I got my giggle for the weekend. This article (and the video link at my link) are hillarious! Police officers were trying to execute an arrest warrant for Matt:

Memo to Maegan Pitt:

If you're gonna videotape alleged civil rights abuses by the cops, don't be the biggest crime on the tape.

When Jefferson County Sheriff's deputies John McGrath and Philip Blanding sought to execute a warrant for the arrest of Pitt's husband, tainted evangelist and cop wannabe Matt Pitt, she railed at the officers and trailed them through the Trussville home.
"There is so much crap on y'all, y'all are about to get in big trouble," she said.

It was posted on YouTube under the name "Jefferson County illegal search of Matt Pitt's home and use of excessive force."

[Update: Embedding of this video has been disabled by the person who uploaded it. You can still watch the video here.]

"They're just regular police cops that's corrupt," she said on the phone in the middle of the tape.

Sigh. Truth is McGrath and Blanding deserve some kind of medal for their restraint. If Mrs. Pitt had pulled that one in a lot of towns around Alabama – or anywhere else – she'd have gotten a free ride to jail. Or worse.

If only a charge of obstructing government operations, a class "A" misdemeanor.

She got off light. Here's what she really should have been charged with:

1. Felony BS with intent to distribute.

2. Aggravated aggravating.

3. Possession of an uncontrolled shrillness

4. Simpleton assault

5. Facts evasion

6. Excessive noise

7. Contributing to the stupidity of the whole world.

8. Practicing law without a clue.

9. Following too close

10. Failure to yield.

Ah, those Pitts. There is so much crap on y'all.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/201 ... rt_m-rpt-1

PostPosted: 08/24/13 7:28 am • # 3 
Administrator

The 10 "counts" are hilarious ~ I see counts 1 - 5 as widely and wildly usable ~ :b

Sooz

PostPosted: 08/24/13 7:53 am • # 4 
Editorialist

LOL, yep!

At first I thought they should've played "Stand By Your Man" in the background of the video, but then realized that she never once defended her husband or claimed that he was innocent! It was all about her and her house. :rolleyes

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply