It is currently 06/26/24 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]
PostPosted: 08/28/13 1:42 pm • # 1 
Administrator

This is one of those cases that was proved beyond ALL doubt ~ my only disappointment with the sentence is that this what Hasan himself wants and asked for ~ :ey ~ Sooz

Jury sentences Major Nidal Hasan to death in Fort Hood shooting rampage
By Agence France-Presse
Wednesday, August 28, 2013 15:32 EDT

A court martial sentenced a US army officer to death on Wednesday for carrying out an Al-Qaeda inspired mass shooting on the Fort Hood base that left 13 people dead.

After only four hours of deliberations, the forewoman of a jury of military officers said that it was their unanimous verdict that 42-year-old Major Nidal Hasan be put to death.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/28/jury-sentences-major-nidal-hasan-to-death-in-fort-hood-shooting-rampage/

PostPosted: 08/28/13 1:45 pm • # 2 
Administrator

Now I'd be far less disagreeable with this if it was consistent with other sentences where US military personnel murdered others but that is NOT the case, eh?

PostPosted: 08/28/13 2:09 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

martyr to the glorious cause. allah be praised!

(not my POV. his)

PostPosted: 08/28/13 2:14 pm • # 4 
Last week Robert Bales was sentenced to life without possibility of parole for killing 16 Afghans.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/ ... YV20130823

Not consistent, both cases awful. I doubt Allah or God would be happy.

PostPosted: 08/28/13 2:21 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

kathyk1024 wrote:
Last week Robert Bales was sentenced to life without possibility of parole for killing 16 Afghans.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/ ... YV20130823

Not consistent, both cases awful. I doubt Allah or God would be happy.

martyrdom is not for Allah. it is for his nutty followers. my point is simply this: killing these guys is exactly what they want. having them rot away in prison is not. i would ALWAYS select LWOPP in these cases.

it is not just me that thinks so, btw. it is experts on the subject like Pape and Baer.

PostPosted: 08/28/13 4:45 pm • # 6 
Administrator

The difference is white Murrican kills "ragheads" (inferiors, of course)vs not-so-white Murrican kills white Murricans (superior).
Can't have those inferior races get away with.

PostPosted: 08/28/13 4:59 pm • # 7 
I have personal involvement with this case so I am trying my best not to go into a rant about how evil this guy is. He got death because he put up no defense, there is no defense. He wanted to use the protection of others defense but wasn't allowed. He was "protecting the Taliban from these Americans that might go over there and kill them". He has no remorse, he is proud of what he did.

The young man who killed the 16 and got life without parole had a mental break. He made no excuses. He is ashamed. Combat can break people when they are over there. He isn't and wasn't a hater. He broke. There are those over there who do such things out of hatred and a feeling of superiority. They should be shot on the spot as far as I am concerned.

PostPosted: 08/28/13 5:10 pm • # 8 
Administrator

Lt. Calley... responsible for the murder of over 200 "gooks", mostly old men, women and children... 3 years house arrest.
What about those clowns who murdered Iraqi civilians trying to save the lives of other civilians? Buncha "ragheads", right? But the one who exposes these and other USian crimes goes to jail. What happened to the murderers?
There's plenty more if you want me to do a search.

PostPosted: 08/28/13 5:58 pm • # 9 
oskar576 wrote:
Lt. Calley... responsible for the murder of over 200 "gooks", mostly old men, women and children... 3 years house arrest.
What about those clowns who murdered Iraqi civilians trying to save the lives of other civilians? Buncha "ragheads", right? But the one who exposes these and other USian crimes goes to jail. What happened to the murderers?

Did you miss the last two sentences of my post?

PostPosted: 08/29/13 7:18 am • # 10 
Administrator

grumpyauntjeanne wrote:
oskar576 wrote:

Did you miss the last two sentences of my post?

Not at all and I disagree on many levels.
1) I'm against the death penalty... period.
2) I'm against the "shot-on-the-spot" mentality. Due process must be followed.
3) I'm against the blatant arrogance of the USian legal system that pretty much says to the world that USians are superior to everyone else.
4) I'm against the blatant racism evidenced by the USian legal system,
Note that I use the term "legal" system and not "justice system. At the present time they aren't even close to being the same thing.

PostPosted: 08/29/13 8:31 am • # 11 
Editorialist

I'm opposed to the death penalty so I am disappointed in this sentence. It's still just legalized murder which makes us no better than Hassan.

PostPosted: 08/29/13 8:40 am • # 12 
Administrator

jimwilliam wrote:
I'm opposed to the death penalty so I am disappointed in this sentence. It's still just legalized murder which makes us no better than Hassan.

Indeed.

PostPosted: 08/29/13 9:18 am • # 13 
oskar, I'm against the racism of the US justice system, too. I'm also against the US arrogance on every level. We do not disagree on those. Many, way too many, get away with atrocities. I guess the difference between us is I don't think this guy should get a lighter sentence because of it. He is an American, he chose to join the US military, he betrayed people who were supposed to be able to go to him for help. He trashed his medical oath, his military oath. I could go on and on. We should change the sytem to equally punish all Americans guilty of things like this. I have some "murrican" arrogance, too. I expect better from us.

The difference between his death sentence and what he did is he slaughtered innocents while the state will be killing a guilty man. I do differ with most, if not all, in this group on the death penalty.

PostPosted: 08/29/13 10:00 am • # 14 
Administrator

grumpyauntjeanne wrote:
oskar, I'm against the racism of the US justice system, too. I'm also against the US arrogance on every level. We do not disagree on those. Many, way too many, get away with atrocities. I guess the difference between us is I don't think this guy should get a lighter sentence because of it. He is an American, he chose to join the US military, he betrayed people who were supposed to be able to go to him for help. He trashed his medical oath, his military oath. I could go on and on. We should change the sytem to equally punish all Americans guilty of things like this. I have some "murrican" arrogance, too. I expect better from us.

The difference between his death sentence and what he did is he slaughtered innocents while the state will be killing a guilty man. I do differ with most, if not all, in this group on the death penalty.

So I guess those "gooks" and "ragheads" aren't equally innocent because????

PostPosted: 08/29/13 10:18 am • # 15 
Editorialist

the death penalty is immoral, and an abuse of state power.

PostPosted: 08/29/13 10:23 am • # 16 
oskar, first of all I am getting more and more offended by your use of those words. They are as bad as the "n" word. No where have I indicated in any way that I have that attitude about them.

second, I was responding to Jim's post about this case specifically and the difference between what he did and what the state will do to him. That was not a blanket statement covering all.

third, I have already made it clear how I feel about our other people who slaughter, rape, and abuse innocents. Of course, most people in those countries are equally innocent, if not more so, because they are not military or terrorist and because our miltary doesn't/didn't belong in their countries.

Why are you acting like I don't want appropriate treatment of our people who commit atrocities? I want harsher treatment of them than you do. My first husband many moons ago was killed in VietNam by "friendly fire" because he was investigating such an atrocity. As I said, I expect better of our people and no intentional abuse, slaughter, rape etc of innocents is acceptable. Even the young man mentioned earlier, who broke has to pay a huge price for his slaughter of innocent Afghanis.

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ] New Topic Add Reply