It is currently 06/26/24 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Question Everything
PostPosted: 08/30/13 7:11 am • # 1 
Editorialist

We've had an ad on tv here about a web site, Questioneverything. It's an org. called "Alpha". The ads talk about "why is life the way it is?" and "why am I feeling this way?". I thought it may be a mental health/wellness type of thing. Nope. It's basically a religious recruitment that is supposedly worldwide. They have "courses" at area churches. Of course, there is food too. (shades of missionary actions in other countries) There is a talk (read sermon) and a Q&A afterwards. Here is a blurb from the site:

run by churches around the world, providing an opportunity for people like you to explore the Christian faith. We love conversation, and we love helping people explore their questions, so you'll fit right in. You'll find us relaxed, open-minded, and ready for anything - no question is off-limits!

As cynical as I am, I just can't imagine they would be able to handle the questions I would ask. I'm sure they would give the standard "the Bible/God/Jesus said ........." answers. Anyway, it's lame, imo. I can just about guarantee that the majority of people who bother with the "courses" are already Christians. I couldn't find details about these courses. Strange, imo.

They have a few testimonials on the site that read a little scripted.

http://questioneverythingab.ca/page-fin ... html#52187

Post subject: Re: Question Everything
PostPosted: 08/30/13 7:18 am • # 2 
Administrator

Surprise, surprise. It's in Alberta.

PostPosted: 08/30/13 7:30 am • # 3 
Editorialist

It's all over the country and worldwide, oskar. Well, they have them in the US, India and the UK that I could find. Nothing in Pakistan. :b

http://www.alphacanada.org/

PostPosted: 08/30/13 3:36 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

I love these little phrases!

"Question everything". Does that mean I should also question the idea that you should question everything?
In which case its entirely possible that you'd come to the conclusion that you shouldn't question everything, for the very simple reason that its an impossibility.

So, it you question everything then you shouldn't question everything .... Hmmmmmm

Besides if its a religious organisation I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of things they don't question.

PostPosted: 08/31/13 1:33 pm • # 5 
Contrary to where my mindset was 6 years ago, I am now totally against organized religion. I see no good coming from it and although I do believe in a God, I think the Bible is one of the greatest books of fiction ever written. I thought I would be the only one feeling this way in this area until I started reading posts from one of my granddaughters at her college and found that many younger people today feel as I do.

PostPosted: 08/31/13 6:28 pm • # 6 
I prefer "Question Authority" myself. I question everything everyday.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply