It is currently 09/28/24 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]
PostPosted: 09/04/13 5:08 am • # 1 
Editorialist

What a giant douche! If this had been Obama, the impeachment hearings would have started last night. All bracketed comments mine.

John McCain caught playing poker on iPhone during Syria hearing, then tweets about it

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) was caught by a Washington Post photographer playing poker on his iPhone Tuesday during the Senate Foreign Relations Committee Hearing on Syria.

Mashable identified the game as VIP Poker, which offers to let you play Texas Hold’em Poker with thousands of players from around the world.

McCain then took to Twitter and had a little fun with it. (well of course! After all, war is fun, right? :eyes )

John McCain ✔ @SenJohnMcCain

Scandal! Caught playing iPhone game at 3+ hour Senate hearing - worst of all I lost!
4:29 PM - 3 Sep 2013

http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/09/john_mc ... er_default

PostPosted: 09/04/13 8:10 am • # 2 
Administrator

Not a big deal, IMO.

PostPosted: 09/04/13 8:53 am • # 3 
Editorialist

Having snoozed through a number of similar type hearings, I have sympathy for him.

PostPosted: 09/04/13 8:59 am • # 4 
Administrator

Our CONservatives do that, jim.

PostPosted: 09/04/13 9:00 am • # 5 
Editorialist

jim, I doubt you would sleep through a meeting about possible military action.

I guess it's just me who has a problem with this. Oh well.

PostPosted: 09/04/13 9:04 am • # 6 
Administrator

oskar576 wrote:
Not a big deal, IMO.

It's not just you, roseanne ~ while I could agree with oskar's comment generally, for me, it goes to attitude ~ if the Syria questions and issues don't hold McCain's attention, what does?

Sooz

PostPosted: 09/04/13 9:10 am • # 7 
Administrator

sooz06 wrote:
oskar576 wrote:
Not a big deal, IMO.

It's not just you, roseanne ~ while I could agree with oskar's comment generally, for me, it goes to attitude ~ if the Syria questions and issues don't hold McCain's attention, what does?

Sooz

Online poker, obviously. ;)

PostPosted: 09/04/13 12:11 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
sooz06 wrote:
oskar576 wrote:
Not a big deal, IMO.

Sooz

Online poker, obviously. ;)

Let's not forget that what he was hearing yesterday was the same stuff he had heard in far greater detail from Obama, himself, on Monday. He also participated in a number of the exchanges and has been pretty active in closed door sessions so it's not fair to say he wasn't paying attention. Remember these hearings are eye candy for public consumption and to provide sound bites for politicians trying to look important for the folks back home. The real work takes place behind closed doors.

PostPosted: 09/04/13 2:10 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

Remember these hearings are eye candy for public consumption and to provide sound bites for [i]politicians trying to look important for the folks back home. The real work takes place behind closed doors.[/i]

Fair enough, jim. That makes it doubly stupid for him to be caught playing poker during the meeting. imo

PostPosted: 09/04/13 3:56 pm • # 10 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
[i]Remember these hearings are eye candy for public consumption and to provide sound bites for [i]politicians trying to look important for the folks back home. The real work takes place behind closed doors.[/i]

Fair enough, jim. That makes it doubly stupid for him to be caught playing poker during the meeting. imo
[/i]

Probably but it's better than being caught fast asleep. Snoring from the panel really tends to dampen the enthusiasm of the presenters, even when it's the Secretary of State.

PostPosted: 09/04/13 5:35 pm • # 11 
Administrator

How many times does one watch the same movie before getting bored?
Fot me, it's after the first time.

PostPosted: 09/04/13 8:10 pm • # 12 
roseanne wrote:
Remember these hearings are eye candy for public consumption and to provide sound bites for [i]politicians trying to look important for the folks back home. The real work takes place behind closed doors.[/i]

PostPosted: 09/05/13 8:30 am • # 13 
Well according to McCain himself, he "lost thousands of dollars" in the game (play money)....evidently he doesn't play poker very well...hopefully he's better at playing senator....

PostPosted: 09/05/13 12:05 pm • # 14 
Editorialist

Cannalee2 wrote:
Well according to McCain himself, he "lost thousands of dollars" in the game (play money)....evidently he doesn't play poker very well...hopefully he's better at playing senator....

Thankfully, we didn't have to find out if he could play president.

PostPosted: 09/05/13 1:01 pm • # 15 
I win and lose 100s of thousands in (play money) poker quite often.

PostPosted: 09/05/13 2:49 pm • # 16 
Editorialist

the monster wrote:
roseanne wrote:

I don't think McCain's one who has to worry too much about the folks back home. The fact that he lost at poker would probably be more detrimental to his image than the fact he was playing it.

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ] New Topic Add Reply