It is currently 06/18/24 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
PostPosted: 10/11/13 11:03 am • # 1 
Several of the House Republicans who voted on Oct 3 for a bill that slashed billions of dollars from the food stamp program personally received large farm subsidies for their family farms. The bill cutting the food stamp program narrowly passed on a mostly party line 217-210 vote. According to an article at National Review Online, it said "During the food stamp debate, GOP Rep. Stephen Fincher, who received thousands in farm subsidies responded to a Democratic Congressman during the debates over the cuts by quoting the Bible saying "the one who is unwilling to work shall not eat." From 1999 to 2012 Stephen and Lynn Fincher Farms received $3,483,824 in agricultural subsidies.

In further checking into my own state I Missouri, I found that Republican Congressman Vicky Hartzler's farm received more than $800,000.00 in subsidies over the past 17 years. She is a Congresswoman who loves to get on local TV and spew her crap about Obamacare and people receiving any type of help from the government. I'm going to send her an email regarding her subsidies and what her fellow Representative quoted from the Bible. For some reason this attitude of those like her, just really ticks me off.

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply