It is currently 05/25/24 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: 10/26/13 10:33 am • # 1 
Administrator

Maybe these "christians" [intentional lower-case "c"] forgot about "judge not, lest ye be judged" ~ :g ~ but the fabulous subtitle for this on Raw Story's front page is "JESUS TOLD US TO BE JERKS" ~ Sooz

Christians refuse to tip waiter because ‘homosexual lifestyle is an affront to God’
By David Ferguson
Friday, October 25, 2013 8:59 EDT

A group of customers refused to tip their 20-year-old server at a Carraba’s Italian restaurant in Overland Park, KS on the grounds that his homosexuality is “an affront to God.” According to KCTV Fox 19, the server went to the table after the group of customers left and found a note explaining their decision.

“Thank you for your service, it was excellent. That being said, we cannot in good conscience tip you, for your homosexual lifestyle is an affront to GOD. Queers do not share in the wealth of GOD, and you will not share in ours,” said the note. “We hope you will see the tip your queer choices made you lose out on, and plan accordingly. It is never too late for GOD’s love, but none shall be spared for queers. May GOD have mercy on you.”

Friends and supportive customers plan to dine at the restaurant Friday evening as a show of support for the waiter who received the hateful note. He has declined to give his name or go on camera and has asked people not to try and give him money.

He said in a statement, “The offers to help pay me back are much appreciated, but not at all needed. I’d prefer to let my work ethic and my service do the talking, nothing else.”

Watch video about this story, embedded below via Fox 19: [Sooz says video accessible via the end link]

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/25/christians-refuse-to-tip-waiter-because-homosexual-lifestyle-is-an-affront-to-god/

PostPosted: 10/26/13 10:44 am • # 2 
So, god says it's ok to let a gay person serve you but not ok to reward him for excellent service?

Which is more perverted, living a personal life with a person of the same sex, or going out to dinner and sitting around obsessing on the waiter's assumed sex life? Sigh.

PostPosted: 10/26/13 10:57 am • # 3 
Editorialist

How did they know for certain that he was gay? Did he walk up and say "Hi, I am your gay server, Chris?" Seriously. He may have been flamboyant, or prissy or whatever, but I've known straight men that are more effeminate than a lot of women. I've known women who are built like tanks, have "man" jobs, but are all straight.

Just sayin'....that was a huge assumption on their part. They are the type that would get a pregnant female server and give her a note about her "sin" of being an unmarried mother simply because she wasn't wearing wedding rings. Of course, I couldn't wear mine the last couple of months due to swelling, lol. ;)

IOW, judgemental assholes who give Christianity a bad name. There seems to be more of the out there now....or at least more that are not afraid to show their bigotry to the world. THEY are an affront to their god.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply