It is currently 05/25/24 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
PostPosted: 10/29/13 7:15 am • # 1 
Administrator

I have one foot out the door to go to school, so I don't have time to watch the whole clip ~ the early part I did see is a strange combination of being very funny and very creepy ~ I'll come back to this when I get home later today ~ Sooz

Self-Helping the Armageddon
Josh Marshall – October 28, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT4959

Here's a fascinating conglomeration of hucksterism, right-wing paranoia, secular eschatology all from one pasty dude selling something called the "Patriot Survival Plan." It's like the ur-document that brings together so much of today's neo-gold-buggism, Prepperism, paranoia about Obama's impending martial law, gun hoarding, the coming descent into urban warfare, food shortages and crazed mobs of dark people. How you can survive and thrive after total societal collapse. It's all in a video, which is epically crazy and yet hard to stop watching. Just watch and let me know what you think. Seriously, you've got to see this.

Here are some top things you'll learn by buying this package during this special offer period. With a money back guarantee.

-- How to turn $200 bucks into a large supply of 37 essential food items that will keep you and your family nourished throughout the crisis...

-- How to keep your heat, air conditioner, refrigerators, lights all running smoothly when the grid goes down... (don't forget generators run on oil... so if you don't know this secret you'll be left hungry and in the cold)

-- How to make sure Urban Warfare never touches your family.

-- How to keep the military out of your home even if they have an evacuation order (this will save your children decades of nightmares)...

-- A weird trick I learned from journalists that allows you to walk calmly through dangerous riots - completely unarmed... This will come in handy should you need to get out and get valuable supplies.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/self-helping-the-armageddon

PostPosted: 10/29/13 8:00 am • # 2 
Administrator

I just crawled out from under my bed where I was hiding after watching the first two minutes the clip.
Then I had a laughing spell for a few more minutes and I read some of the text this wanker provided.
Of course I don't want to be "peniless" although it is "mathimetically" certain to happen. With the push of a "keysroke"! I'm gonna dump the dollar "en maas"!

I better watch Glenn Beck TV to calm down now.

PostPosted: 10/29/13 8:53 am • # 3 
Editorialist

ROFLMAO!

I especially love this from "Matt the Survival Guy"

39 Ways Duct Tape Can Save Your Life

The funky free food tactic that will keep your family fed - even if
your only weapon is duct tape.
Grab the life-saving tricks of a desperate combat medic.
Get the ultra-efficient shelter secrets to save as much of this precious
polymer as possible.
$27.00 Value!
Only Today: FOR FREE!

I also love that all of the "extras" are available free "ONLY today". Anyone wanna bet I can click on the link tomorrow and it will still be free? Of course, by then tomorrow will be today. :rollin

I will watch the entire thing at home later. Like mac, I watched about 2 minutes.

To paraphrase: A fearful fool and his money are soon parted. Remember Y2K?

PostPosted: 10/29/13 9:13 am • # 4 
Editorialist

Of course I don't want to be "peniless" - Jabra

None of us would want you to be without your peni.

PostPosted: 10/29/13 10:11 am • # 5 
Editorialist

Isn't that some kind of pasta? I could do without that.

PostPosted: 10/29/13 10:26 am • # 6 
Editorialist

Actually, I could see using duct tape to obtain food. You mug some guy who has food, truss him up with duct tape and go on your merry way. Or say you're walking through the farmer's market, you have a balled up wad of duct tape in your hand, you walk up to the carrot vendor or the egg guy, you look over his shoulder and say, "what's that?". He turns to look, you slap the carrots or the eggs with your duct tape palm and go on your merry way. Remember to keep your hands out of your pockets.

FAQ (frequently asked question)
Q: The duck tape needsta be sticky side out, right?
A: Yes

PostPosted: 10/29/13 10:29 am • # 7 
Administrator

Q: The duck tape needsta be sticky side out, right?
A: Yes

Unless you're a Pastafarian. You know about the peni-duct tape thingie, right?

PostPosted: 10/29/13 10:56 am • # 8 
Administrator

queenoftheuniverse wrote:
Of course I don't want to be "peniless" - Jabra

None of us would want you to be without your peni.

Those were only some of the many spelling errors I saw in that clip. I liked the "mathimetical" the most.

PostPosted: 10/29/13 3:08 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

Is this a peculiarly US thing?

I mean there are crazies everywhere, but the extent of it seems to be far greater there.

PostPosted: 10/29/13 3:10 pm • # 10 
Administrator

The Yanks have FOX, CM.

Last edited by Anonymous on 10/29/13 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10/29/13 3:12 pm • # 11 
Administrator

Cattleman wrote:
Is this a peculiarly US thing?

I mean there are crazies everywhere, but the extent of it seems to be far greater there.

We're number one in everything. Even in craziness!

PostPosted: 10/29/13 8:12 pm • # 12 
Editorialist

A synopsis for those who won't watch the entire thing. I found it entertaining! lol

"I realized that there are people on the internet just looking to make a buck trying to sell you things to survive the upcoming Hiroshima" :rollin

I can't wait to see the "Survuval" camp in California!

Oooh, you receive the CD, which isn't a download that will collect digital dust, but is something you can "have and hide and barter with in the coming crisis, for food, gold or labor" (lmao, that should work since the entire electric grid will be shut down according to his prediction and MOST people die the first three days that you are cowering in your home using his survival techniques. ;) )

"It will ensure that you never reach a life and death situation, but it will also tell you exactly what to do, if you do" Huh?

Wow! Five "seperate" modules.

"The military has been known to "condiscate" guns, gold and even food in a crisis."
(I don't know what that is, but it sounds mildly risque or painful.)

He will teach you how to stay safe in the event of "hurricaness" and chemical "warefare".

"Terrorism is sure to happen when the government is "week".

"The best bonus of all for free. ME! I'll be available to you via email for a full year!" (Wait. This crisis is supposed to happen in months?)

"My live seminars for all 5 modules would cost $5000. Business men told me I should charge at least $2500 for these products. Then I decided I would drop that to $1000. Then $500. I finally decided on $197. But HOLD ON! I've decided to give away some free! Just pay a nominal fee of $37 to pay for our support and production staff. But that is only for the first few copies." (although the web page says "today" only)

"Of course I'll tell you how "your'e" guaranteed......."

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ] New Topic Add Reply