It is currently 05/18/24 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: GOP/TPer "thinking"
PostPosted: 10/29/13 7:43 pm • # 1 
Administrator

I'll make a deal with this "great GOP/TPer thinker" ~ Obama et al will reimburse the Obamacare website repair costs IF AND ONLY IF this jerk will reimburse us the taxpayers [aka "the American people"] the estimated $24BILLION cost of the GOP/TP shutdown ~ what a doofus! ~ :angry ~ Sooz

TPM LIVEWIRE
GOP Rep: Obama 'Ought To Reimburse The American People' For Website Repairs (VIDEO)
Tom Kludt – October 29, 2013, 1:28 PM EDT

A Republican congressman said Tuesday that American taxpayers shouldn't have to pick up the tab for repairs to the troubled Affordable Care Act website, HealthCare.gov.

Rep. Bill Johnson (R-OH) told Fox News Channel anchor Bill Hemmer that President Barack Obama "ought to reimburse the American people for any cost that's associated with fixing or replacing" the website, which has been plagued by glitches since its launch earlier this month.

"I do not know if the president asked to see the web site before it was rolled out," Johnson said. "That'll be an interesting question. But here's one thing I will tell you, Bill: the President ought to reimburse the American people for any cost that's associated with fixing or replacing this website. Over $400 million have been spent. It's been a flawed rollout. It's a waste of taxpayer dollars. The American people need to be reimbursed."

Obama has publicly expressed contrition for the website's bugs, and an administration official apologized for the rocky rollout on Tuesday. Federal officials said Monday that two of the website's glitches have been fixed.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gop-rep-obama-ought-to-reimburse-the-american-people-for-website-repairs

Post subject: Re: GOP/TPer "thinking"
PostPosted: 10/29/13 7:47 pm • # 2 
Administrator

Maybe Baby Bush ought to cough up the billions wasted in Afghanistan and Iraq, eh?

PostPosted: 10/29/13 8:25 pm • # 3 
Administrator

Stop clowning around, Sooz! Using TP and "thinking" in one line?

PostPosted: 10/29/13 8:40 pm • # 4 
Administrator

LOL, jab ~ that same thought crossed my mind as I was posting the op ~ hence, the quotation marks ~ :b

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/30/13 4:29 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

when the GOP reimburses the $24B they cost us for shutting the government down, we will more than happy pay them for the millions it might take to fix this problem.

PostPosted: 10/31/13 1:09 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

I bet Obama wasn't even personally involved in the contracting process for the site to be built and maintained. Doesn't the Member of Congress even know how government works?

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply