It is currently 05/25/24 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: My principal is a jerk
PostPosted: 11/01/13 5:16 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

I've done everything I've been asked to do. I went to all the high paid consultant meetings. I implemented the behavior plan. I've given up my lunches and prep time to work with this kid. I've braved the cat pee and the foul language and everything else. I've written day plans for consultants and volunteers to work with this kid.

But i go and ask what i need to do to get this child the one on one support he's going to need, i get yelled at and called insubordinate. just for breaching the QUESTION.

I've had it. If i could afford to, i would quit. i am so done with everything mattering except what's good for the kids.

PostPosted: 11/01/13 5:58 pm • # 2 
Administrator

Welcome to modern "public education".
What you did was the appearances portion but where the rubber hits the road there's no road.

PostPosted: 11/01/13 9:08 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

That's it EXACTLY.

all these people sitting around round tables making hundreds of thousands of dollars and we have very little concrete in place for this kid.

PostPosted: 11/02/13 7:32 am • # 4 
Editorialist

Long shot, but I knew I'd heard about the cat pee smell being a symptom of something....

3-Methylcrotonylglycinuria, multiple carboxylase deficiency or 3MCC is another autosomal recessive genetic trait means that this faulty gene usually appears when two carriers have children together and pass it to their offspring. In this case the body is unable to process certain proteins properly. Patients have abnormal levels of an enzyme that helps break down proteins containing the building block (amino acid) called leucine. As a carboxylase enzyme, 3-MCC requires biotin for activity. There are four carboxylases in humans that use biotin and each can be deficient singly or together. If biotin metabolism is defective, functions of all four carboxylases will be low, resulting in Multiple Carboxylase Deficiency. MCC is predominantly located in the inner membrane of the mitochondria. The patient presents an odor like male cat urine.

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply