It is currently 05/19/24 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Smoking ban........
PostPosted: 11/18/13 12:16 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

.....in cars with children. They are considering that here. What do you think? I, personally, think that it's over-reach. A car is a person's personal property....and for all intents and purposes, so are children. While I don't support parents smoking in the car, I honestly don't think the government should control it either.

I'm sure that "government is too big and should stay out of our business" conservatives support this.

Big Brother-ish.

Post subject: Re: Smoking ban........
PostPosted: 11/18/13 12:39 pm • # 2 
Administrator

That crosses the line, IMO.
More government interference by those opposing government interference.

PostPosted: 11/18/13 12:39 pm • # 3 
I don't think that's an enforceable law, however I am not a fan of parents smoking around their kids.

I am guessing libs are presenting that law, not the cons. If I were Queen of the World and there was a reasonable way to do it, I would eliminate smoking all together.

PostPosted: 11/18/13 12:56 pm • # 4 
Administrator

kathyk1024 wrote:
I don't think that's an enforceable law, however I am not a fan of parents smoking around their kids.

I am guessing libs are presenting that law, not the cons. If I were Queen of the World and there was a reasonable way to do it, I would eliminate smoking all together.

And eliminate alcohol, pot, automobiles, fossil fuels, and anything else that could conceivably cause or potentially cause harm... including medicine because of possible side effects?
BTW, "here" in the OP is Alberta, Canada which has a CONservative government.

PostPosted: 11/18/13 3:06 pm • # 5 
In the US the libs would present this legislation. Like no smoking in restaurants and seat belt laws etc.

I am Queen so I'd tell you what would cause harm. Not vice versa. LOL!

I am pro meds, fossil fuels and cars. Fairly much neutral on alcohol and pot.

I absolutely hate smoking. I hate the stench of cigarettes. There are hideous health ramifications to smoking, too. In my realm, they'd just disappear

PostPosted: 11/18/13 3:15 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

Interesting Kathy. According to this article I posted a while back, your pro-fossil fuels and cars stance is disturbing. I agree that while cigarette smoke stinks, it is nothing compared to the pollution. However, we are so accustomed to breathing the poisoned air, we don't notice it. One of the first things I noticed after coming here is how much cleaner the air smelled! Going further west and into the mountains, it is even more noticeable.

The air most people breathe has become polluted with a complicated mixture of cancer-causing substances," said Kurt Straif, head of the IARC department that evaluates carcinogens. He said the agency now considers pollution to be "the most important environmental carcinogen," ahead of second-hand cigarette and cigar smoke.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/health-hea ... z2l2A5Ystc

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply