It is currently 04/28/24 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
PostPosted: 11/29/13 10:53 am • # 1 
Administrator

JD, Jabra checked VoC group settings and all is good there ~ he thinks it's possible that you accidentally hit the "subscribe to forum" on the forum index page or "subscribe to topic", which appears on every page within a thread, on the threads you were reading ~

Please take a look on the left side, at the end of our VoC header, under the page numbers ~ if it reads "subscribe to forum [or topic]", you will not be getting any messages from "admin@voicesorchoices" ~ if it reads "unsubscribe to forum [or topic]", you will be getting the messages ~ that's an automatic personal function for every VoC member to use, and that's the button we think you might have accidentally clicked ~ if you do NOT want the notices whenever a new post is made in a thread or forum, just click on "unsubscribe to forum [or topic]" ~ that will stop the notifications ~

If that's the problem, clicking on the button should fix the problem ~ please let us know if it works for you ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/04/13 11:57 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Thanks, Sooz.

I think Jabra is correct in his opinion

Only recently have I been trying to find my way back to check the board because the news has been increasingly terrifying. I am at the point where I really ...never mind.

Anyway, I have difficulty with my eyes, my fingers, and I have lost feeling in my pinkie finger and the one next to it, on both hands????? and sometimes I hit keys I don't realize I've hit.

I hate typing because most times my hands will rest a finger on some key, like the a or a k and I get a "aaaaaaaaaaaaaathe crackers where salty." or "kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkrabbits have long ssssssssssears." And half the time, I can't see what I've typed and it goes out with all the errors.

I am sorry for being so slow to understand what I must have done. I came to the same conclusion when I actually tried to follow a post on my gardening message board, and I finally figured out how easy it was to hit the "notification." link.

Thanks, Jabra, and Sooz, and my apologies for any and all errors in the future. I won't be posting much.

I am, for complicated reasons, perhaps approaching another period of homelessness, and living in my 1987 Ford van. Unfortunately, it is not an extended van, so there isn't as much room. The eye doctor says my eyesight meets the qualifications for a driver's license, and I want to try to make it a bit further south and find an inexpensive RV park with seasonal rental rates. My situation is very uncertain at this time, particularly as our culture and society has become a more threatening and insecure world. I am not as strong or as efficient as I was when I was 58. But, on the other hand, I won't be looking for a job, at least. Unless and until the GOP manages to privatize SS. Hopefully I'll be someplace else by that time.

see ya later....I have a laptop now so I can probably figure a way to communicate if I can get in the right place.

jd

ps. Grumpyauntjeanne, I knew it was you all along, You have a unique style of writing. And I really don't mind being "jd." Welcome back. I had missed you.

missed you, too, Grampa. Be well, everyone.

PostPosted: 12/05/13 6:51 am • # 3 
Editorialist

(((((((((JD))))))))) I'm am SO sorry for your current living insecurities. If it comes to that, be safe. Stay well and know that you are in my thoughts. :fl

PostPosted: 12/05/13 7:16 am • # 4 
Jd- Call your state's Adult Protective Services. They should be able to find you affordable housing.

PostPosted: 12/05/13 7:51 am • # 5 
Administrator

JD, Kathy offers sound advice ~ use whatever state services are available to you ~ and I echo roseanne's "(((((((((JD))))))))) I'm am SO sorry for your current living insecurities." ~ please try to keep in touch [don't worry about your typing, we can all read chat-ese], and PLEASE let us know if there is anything we can do to help you thru this rough patch ~ :fl

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/05/13 8:56 am • # 6 
Dial 211.

It's like 911 for social services. We have it in New Jersey and the internet says you have it in South Carolina, too.

PostPosted: 12/05/13 8:37 pm • # 7 
Hang in there, jd. Sorry you're having so much trouble.

PostPosted: 12/05/13 11:22 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

Take care Jeanne, and check out the services Kathy referred to. Be safe.

PostPosted: 12/08/13 10:38 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

Thanks all for the support and good thoughts.

Social Services is already involved, and their constant misinformation, disinformation, and misleading representations of the "rules" is what got us in this mess.

I am operating within the guidelines that there is no help to be expected from any organizations in this State, and trying to get the hell out of here. The "official" 'Rental Voucher" where we live now expires at the end of January. The problem is my disabled vet son, 55, and I, 78, share a housing voucher and my health and his health has reached the point where we need to live separately. They will not divide the voucher. One of us has to go and pay full rent, or live in the vehicle,etc., in order for other to own the voucher. My son is more vulnerable to losing everything if he loses the voucher. He has longer to live (statistically) than I, and will need housing longer. My son takes medication and cannot drive or get a driver's license. The rent is going to be figured using both our incomes. Since mine is more than his, this increases his rent. My son had found a place to move but Housing refused to inspect or approve his taking of the voucher unless I moved out of this house, with or without my possessions. They were very hard-nosed about it. Still are. The coordinator originally told us it was a simple matter of signing the voucher over to him and I could re-negotiate a lease with the landlord (the same one I've had for thirteen years.). We acted accordingly and did not prepare to move myself and the live in aide, etc. Then the day before the property became available for my son to move in to, the coordinator's supervisor called and told me that I had to get out, immediately, before they would transfer the voucher to my son, or even go see if the mobile home he was to move in to would meet their approval. We, the live in aide and I, had been preparing things for him to take with him in his move and finding help for him to move. Finding out at that late date that we had to move first came as a complete shock and impossibility. My son went into very bad depression, and frankly, so did I and the live in aide. It was a dangerous time.

I know this is totally confusing and impossible for anyone to comprehend, as it is to myself and son. Please, do not trouble your minds with these incomprehensible conditions. There is nothing anyone can do other than hope there's a break at the right time, and also hope that my son and I can recognize when is the right time and what it is we are to do at the right time.

It's a bitter and really remarkable joke all things considered. As long as we remain paralyzed under their ridiculous rules and control, we are all Bambi's caught in the headlights. Duuuuuh, wha' th' fa...?

What will be, will be.

Thanks again. I've had to retype words about fifty times already.

(One of the errors just occurred and it is so appropriate, I should have let it stand. Instead of typing "retype", I typed "retrype," coining a new and very appropriate word. lol.)

Not to worry. Thanks for concern. Have a Happy Holiday season if you believe in such things, stay warm, be well, and hang in there.

jd

PostPosted: 12/09/13 2:17 pm • # 10 
Editorialist

Well, darlin', I'm gonna worry no matter what you say! That is an impossible situation for anyone! It sounds like it may be (and not trying to make it political) a trickle down effect from the last GOP attempt at defunding social programs.

They've probably tightened the qualifications, added red tape crap and generally made it next to impossible for those who actually need it to get it.

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ] New Topic Add Reply