It is currently 04/28/24 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: "Kirstie" on TV Land
PostPosted: 12/06/13 9:37 pm • # 1 

KIRSTIE

TV Land usually has reruns of old network shows, but they are producing their own new sitcom called Kirstie. It stars some oldtime sitcom favorites: Kirstie Alley (Rebecca Howe) and Rhea Perlman (Carla Tortelli) of Cheers; Michael Richards (Cosmo Kramer) of Seinfeld; and some dude named Eric Petersen, who I don't know who the heck he is or why he -- of all people -- got cast. [Maybe he slept with someone?? hahaha. His only claim to fame as far as I can tell is that he played Shrek in a touring musical. lol.]

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing this show. TV Land is repeating the pilot on Sunday.

Kirstie on TV Land

Post subject: Re: "Kirstie" on TV Land
PostPosted: 12/06/13 9:49 pm • # 2 

UPDATE:

Okay, a friend of mine just told me: "I gotta tell ya, I wasn't impressed and I'm a Kirstie Alley fan."

Oh, that's disappointing. I'm a Kirstie Alley fan too. I'll see what I think after I see the pilot on Sunday.

PostPosted: 12/06/13 9:54 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

I don't think I can get it here, but I probably wouldn't watch it anyway. Kirstie had lost her appeal to me. Her one good show since leaving Cheers that I saw was "Veronica's Closet" and that was because she had a great supporting cast.

I watched her on some weight-loss reality thing and all she did was whine in her nasal, annoying voice. She attacked Leah Remini after she left Scientology. IMO, she's not that good an actress.

I don't like Michael Richards either.

As for Eric Peterson see here (IMDb is your friend :) )

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3866761/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

PostPosted: 12/07/13 4:49 am • # 4 

That's actually where I saw that he played Shrek in a touring musical.

Never heard of any of those other shows.

PostPosted: 12/07/13 7:18 am • # 5 
Editorialist

SciFiGuy wrote:
That's actually where I saw that he played Shrek in a touring musical.

Never heard of any of those other shows.

Really?! Law and Order was on for 20 years. Law and Order SVU has been on since 1999 and still going strong.

GCB was a GREAT, funny series that, sadly, only lasted one season. It was based on a book called "Good Christian Bitches".

And, of course "As the World Turns" was a soap that was on 1956-2010. I never watched it, but I know it.

I could buy that you didn't watch any of them, but to never have heard of them? :

PostPosted: 12/07/13 1:22 pm • # 6 
No Tvland series are technically very good; currently Hot in Cleveland and The Exes.

They use lots and lots of our old sitcom stars as their guests and it's nice to see them.

We'll probably watch Kirstie, My mother likes broad comedy and laughing faces.

PostPosted: 12/08/13 4:40 pm • # 7 

Ah, I do remember hearing about Law and Order now. Never watched it though.

Anyway, regarding this new show Kirstie: Nope, not for me. When it got to the part where a grown man was bending over showing his naked butt to a roomful of people so they'd see a birthmark, that was it for me. I turned the show off. I have no interest in seeing any more. It's too low-brow for my taste. Cheers it ain't.

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply