It is currently 05/26/24 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/09/13 8:29 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

WestJet is fast becoming a favorite for flyers. They are extending their routes and I think will become the "go to" airline. Their service is excellent. I posted their "flash mob" last Christmas. This year they went above and beyond. LOL @ the guy who asked for socks and underwear. Video below story.

Ho ho ho! Christmas comes early for passengers in WestJet's "miracle"

Cameras, Android tablets, Samsung Galaxy smartphones - for the lucky passengers on two WestJet flights recently, Christmas came early.

People flying out of Toronto Pearson International Airport and John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport were asked by "Santa Claus" what they wanted for Christmas.

Behind the scenes, WestJet staffers took notes, matching the requests to the passenger lists. As soon as the two flights took off, more than 150 staffers jumped into action, rushing out to buy the gifts and then wrap them.

By the time the two flights had landed in Calgary, WestJet's "Christmas miracle" was complete and ready to be unveiled to unsuspecting guests. Passengers waiting for their bags were disbelieving, then ecstatic and tearful, when instead of luggage, gifts started coming down the carousel.

Perhaps happiest was the Hughes family, who received a 50-inch TV. Possibly saddest was the guy who asked for socks and underwear.

Planning for the stunt began back in August, and all of it was recorded on 12 hidden cameras by WestJet. Under the hashtag #WestJetChristmas, the topic has been trending on Twitter all day.

This is WestJet's second annual "Christmas miracle"; last year, the airline organized a Christmas flash mob.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calga ... story.html

PostPosted: 12/09/13 8:46 pm • # 2 
Wow, that was heartwarming.

PostPosted: 12/10/13 1:15 am • # 3 
Editorialist

that is really sweet.

PostPosted: 12/10/13 6:56 am • # 4 
Editorialist

A beautiful gesture but the cynic in me wonders if the customers will start to expect this every year.

PostPosted: 12/10/13 8:06 am • # 5 
Administrator

Great story, and great advertising ~ my fave was the little guy who just said "NO WAY!", with a look of total disbelief, when he opened his gift ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/10/13 11:11 am • # 6 
I think the moral of this story is; if a blue santa asks you what you want for Christmas answer Big Screen TV NOT socks and underwear.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply