It is currently 03/29/24 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/21/13 9:29 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Several things first: This may not be her real account. It appears her father is a billionaire who made profited from Apartheid. (I haven't verified that) I saw this first in the Birmingham News, but it contained fewer details about the woman and her job. The funniest thing I saw on twitter was a fake movie poster with her and the Duck Dynasty guy with the title "How To Lose Your Job in 10 Seconds" lol

Justine Sacco's Tweet About AIDS, Africa Is The Craziest Thing You'll See Today

A public relations representative for a major media company appears to have posted a strange tweet on Friday about race and AIDS in Africa.

A tweet sent from the account of Justine Sacco, a senior director of corporate communications at InterActiveCorp (more commonly known as IAC), said: "Going to Africa. Hope I don't get AIDS. Just kidding. I'm white!"

Going to Africa. Hope I don't get AIDS. Just kidding. I'm white!
— Justine Sacco (@JustineSacco) December 20, 2013

IAC -- which owns popular websites like OkCupid, Match.com, CollegeHumor, The Daily Beast and Vimeo -- responded thus, per the International Business Times:

This is an outrageous, offensive comment that does not reflect the views and values of IAC. Unfortunately, the employee in question is unreachable on an international flight, but this is a very serious matter and we are taking appropriate action.

It's possible that Sacco's account was hacked, although recent tweets from Sacco show that she's been traveling recently.

Sacco did not respond to a request for comment from The Huffington Post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/2 ... 82502.html

PostPosted: 12/21/13 10:16 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Apparently she was fired. Good.

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply