It is currently 03/28/24 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/23/13 10:17 am • # 1 
Administrator

The very disturbing picture below is in the original BUT it is not identified as the painting that was pulled ~ following one of the "live links" in the post to Michael D’Antuono's blog, a commenter describes that picture, so it likely is ~ honestly, altho I condemn "hate groups" as an enormous [and disgusting] problem, I'm thinking eBay did the right thing ~ yea or nay? ~ Sooz

eBay removes anti-Zimmerman artwork the same day Zimmerman’s painting sells for $100k
By Scott Kaufman
Monday, December 23, 2013 10:27 EST

Over the weekend, online auction-house ebay removed an anti-racist painting critical of George Zimmerman on the same day it allowed Zimmerman to sell one of his own paintings for over $100,000.

On Saturday, an 18-by-24-inch oil painting by “therealgeorgez” — better known as George Zimmerman — was purchased on eBay for $100,099.99. In the question and answer section beneath the auction, Zimmerman even said that “whoever wins within the Continental United States, will receive this painting deliver by me personally.”

Zimmerman’s medium is “regular household latex paint,” which he used because “I needed to put these visions onto the blank canvas as soon as possible.” George Zimmerman currently owes his legal team over $2.5 million.

On the same day Zimmerman’s auction closed, ebay removed the anti-racist painting that artist Michael D’Antuono had created in the days after the death of Trayvon Martin. Fifty percent of the proceeds from D’Antuono’s auction were to have gone to the Trayvon Martin Foundation, and with five days left to bid, the price for the painting had already exceeded $25,000.

Then eBay “pull[ed] the plug.” On his blog, D’Antuono wonders why “Zimmerman was allowed to capitalize on his ill-gotten notoriety, [whereas] I was denied the opportunity to raise funds to help the very foundation named in honor of Zimmerman’s victim.”

In an email from eBay that D’Antuono shared with Raw Story, eBay claims that the painting violates its strictures that “[i]tems promoting or glorifying hatred, violence, or racial or religious intolerance aren’t allowed. Items that promote organizations with these views are also prohibited.”

According to the email, “[t]he painting you listed appears to contain images or icons associated with the KKK which are not allowed to be listed on our site as they represent an organization that glorifies hate and violence.”

D’Antuono told Raw Story that he was “outraged” that eBay would mistake a criticism of a hate-group for a statement that “promot[es] or glorif[ies]” one.

D’Antuono will attempt to auction the piece off privately, and remains committed to donating half of the proceeds to the Trayvon Martin Foundation.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/23/ebay-removes-anti-zimmerman-artwork-the-same-day-zimmermans-painting-sells-for-100k/

PostPosted: 12/23/13 7:53 pm • # 2 
Administrator

Corporatism at its finest - no brains.

PostPosted: 12/23/13 9:35 pm • # 3 
Administrator

Quote:
Zimmerman even said that “whoever wins within the Continental United States, will receive this painting deliver by me personally.”

Sounds like a deal breaker to me. What if Z shows up armed to the teeth?

PostPosted: 12/24/13 11:08 am • # 4 
Editorialist

jabra2 wrote:
Quote:
Zimmerman even said that “whoever wins within the Continental United States, will receive this painting deliver by me personally.”

Sounds like a deal breaker to me. What if Z shows up armed to the teeth?

The amazing thing would be if he didn't show-up armed to the teeth. It seems to me he waves his guns more than his dick.

PostPosted: 12/24/13 8:23 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

i really like that piece.

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply