It is currently 03/28/24 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/25/13 9:57 am • # 1 
Administrator

I'm 33% psychopath ~ I'll post my results next ~ how about YOU? ~ :b ~ Sooz

Tuesday, Dec 24, 2013 10:00 AM CST
Are you a psychopath?
An Oxford professor has developed a test to answer the question once and for all.
Lorraine Murphy, The Daily Dot

This article originally appeared on The Daily Dot.

Year after year, decade after decade, even century after century, as extended families who see each other all too seldom gather for the holiday season, one question remains pre-eminent:

What the hell are we going to talk about all damn day long?

Politics has been off the table since Charlemagne was a contender. Religion? Yeahno. Sex? Don’t get Uncle Marty started on that. Board games and sitcoms were invented for just this purpose, but Cousin Peaseblossom’s involvement with Occupy has spoiled Monopoly for the whole family, and there hasn’t been a great sitcom since Alf was king. But now the relentless research elves at the Daily Dot have uncovered something the entire family can enjoy, and discuss, tirelessly, even relentlessly, for up to 72 hours in the confines of Grandma’s rec room.

The Psychopath Test. Settle the question once and for all.

Created by Oxford Professor and drama queen Dr. Kevin Dutton, it is just authoritative enough to be thought-provoking (and justify your opinion of That Woman Tim Married) and just flippant enough not to be admissible in court.

It takes four or five minutes for each person to run through the test, sobriety is not required (the buttons are REALLY BIG and the questions are REALLY SIMPLE) and then you have the whole weekend to argue over who’s truly more psychopathic than whom, and reference all those colorful events in your pasts that prove/disprove it. Ah, nostalgia!

Full disclosure: I’m 68 percent psychopath. Oscar Wilde was 71 percent, according to The Spot the Psychopath Game, from the same site. Clearly we both made the correct choice of profession.

Quote:
68 percent psychopath: Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet—but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation—including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.

Except during the holidays, surely?

http://www.salon.com/2013/12/24/are_you_a_psychopath_partner/

PostPosted: 12/25/13 9:59 am • # 2 
Administrator

Here are my results ~ Sooz

33 percent psychopath: You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily.

PostPosted: 12/25/13 10:28 am • # 3 
Editorialist

i got precisely the same score as sooz.

PostPosted: 12/25/13 10:32 am • # 4 
Editorialist

Me three!

PostPosted: 12/25/13 10:51 am • # 5 

I'm a little crazier than the rest of you! Which doesn't really come as a surprise! lol

PostPosted: 12/25/13 11:50 am • # 6 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
Me three!

between the three of us, we are a psychopath.

PostPosted: 12/25/13 12:07 pm • # 7 
Administrator

And SciFi puts us WAY OVER! ~ :b

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/25/13 1:58 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

My score - 15%...

You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily.

PostPosted: 12/25/13 2:19 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

I'm 24%

PostPosted: 12/25/13 2:49 pm • # 10 
12%

PostPosted: 12/25/13 3:11 pm • # 11 
27%... I think I still need more "mellowing". ;)

PostPosted: 12/25/13 7:20 pm • # 12 
Editorialist

PostPosted: 12/25/13 7:41 pm • # 13 
Editorialist

Not much variation in the assessments, is there? The 33% like sooz, mac and I are assessed the same way as laffin at 9% and all the others. Then a very different assessment for SciFi at 36% :

PostPosted: 12/25/13 8:03 pm • # 14 
Administrator

Ya'll waitin' for my score?

Your
score 100%

You can play hardball with the best of them! You know what you want and are not afraid to go for it – even if it means bending the rules occasionally and putting a few noses out of joint on the way. Nothing fazes you. You are decisive, self-confident and pretty much up for anything. You are a ‘means-to-an-end’ person. For you, it’s not necessarily a matter of right or wrong, but of what gets the job done. ‘Bring it on’ is your mantra, but to help those around you keep their heads, you should learn some tricks to help you temper your self-satisfying tendencies...

PostPosted: 12/25/13 9:08 pm • # 15 
Editorialist

Ummm, yeah... so don't 'f' with me or else... please.... ok....??? :P

YOUR
SCORE 82%
You can play hardball with the best of them! You know what you want and are not afraid to go for it – even if it means bending the rules occasionally and putting a few noses out of joint on the way. Nothing fazes you. You are decisive, self-confident and pretty much up for anything. You are a ‘means-to-an-end’ person. For you, it’s not necessarily a matter of right or wrong, but of what gets the job done. ‘Bring it on’ is your mantra, but to help those around you keep their heads, you should learn some tricks to help you temper your self-satisfying tendencies...

I don't get mad at the people, I get mad at the situation!

PostPosted: 12/25/13 9:27 pm • # 16 
Editorialist

33%

PostPosted: 12/25/13 9:29 pm • # 17 
21% You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily.

PostPosted: 12/25/13 9:53 pm • # 18 
Administrator

Del, I got that score on a day where I was filled with the Christmas spirit and kinda mellowed out.
Now I worry a bit.

PostPosted: 12/25/13 9:54 pm • # 19 
9 percent psychopath. LOL!!!!

PostPosted: 12/26/13 6:47 am • # 20 
Editorialist

kathyk1024 wrote:

Twins! Actually, we're probably the ones you'll have to worry about - we could snap at any time.

PostPosted: 12/26/13 10:50 am • # 21 
Editorialist

27%

PostPosted: 12/26/13 11:46 am • # 22 
laffinalltheway wrote:
kathyk1024 wrote:

Twins! Actually, we're probably the ones you'll have to worry about - we could snap at any time.

Very possibly.

PostPosted: 12/26/13 11:47 am • # 23 
Editorialist

Is 27 good?

PostPosted: 12/26/13 11:49 am • # 24 
Editorialist

grampatom wrote:
Is 27 good?

What if you're a compulsive liar and you get 27? Just asking.

PostPosted: 12/26/13 11:55 am • # 25 
grampatom wrote:
grampatom wrote:
Is 27 good?

What if you're a compulsive liar and you get 27? Just asking.

None of these inventories are very good, gramps!!! You can always manipulate the results.

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ] New Topic Add Reply