It is currently 04/28/24 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 24 posts ]
PostPosted: 07/24/13 7:38 am • # 1 
Administrator

Great ... an unhinged police chief ~ what could possibly go wrong??? ~ :g ~ this guy needs an unlimited supply of Xanax ... or maybe Lithium ~ Kessler's behavior and mindset is far beyond "embarrassment" ~ he's a poster child for the "armed and dangerous" label ~ Sooz

Pennsylvania police chief: F*ck all you libtards out there, you take it in the a**
By Eric W. Dolan
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 23:45 EDT

The mayor of Gilberton, Pennsylvania is standing by her city’s police chief despite a series of profanity-laced and threatening videos.

In a video that has received wide attention, police chief Mark Kessler repeatedly tells those upset by his use of profanity to “go f*ck yourself” as he fires various automatic weapons.

Mayor Mary Lou Hannon told The Morning Call that Kessler had the right to express himself. The city would “not take action to quash free speech, whether or not each member of council or any member of council agrees with it.”

Kessler has uploaded several profanity-laced videos to YouTube. In one video, Kessler berates “libtards” and warns of an armed rebellion against the government.

“F*ck all you libtards out there, as a matter of fact, read my shirt,” he says, turning around to show a message on his back which read, “Liberals take it in the a**.”

“You take it in the ass and I don’t give a f*ck what you say so you can all just go f*ck yourselves. Period. I wont be going to D.C. and I don’t give a f*ck. If you f*cking maniacs want to turn this into an armed revolt, knock yourselves out. I’m not about that, so see you on the other side.”

In a video on basic pistol defense, Kessler repeatedly shoots a picture of scary clown, which he says is Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). He calls Secretary of State John Kerry a “c*cksucker” in another video before firing off an automatic weapon.

Tuesday on his Facebook page, Kessler called for a massive rally to “show these tyrants we will not stand for any more violations on our constitution or our freedoms.”

“I’m calling on all true Americans, all militia members, all true oath keepers to assemble, be ready to march on a tyrannical county government right here in Schuylkill county Pennsylvania, democrats are the true enemy of our country, our freedoms, our constitution, along with liberal news agency’s, liberal news reporters, much like hitlers nazis, time we clean these antiamerican thugs from office,” he wrote.

Kessler is also a freshman member of the North Schuylkill School Board and founder of the Constitution Security Force, which lists the Southern Poverty Law Center as an “anti-American organization.”

Former Scranton Police Chief Dan Duffy said Kessler’s conduct was appalling.

“This is exactly what a law enforcement officer should not be doing out there publicly, especially identifying himself as a law enforcement officer. It`s an embarrassment to us,” said Duffy.

Watch video, uploaded to YouTube, below:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/23/pennsylvania-police-chief-fck-all-you-libtards-out-there-you-take-it-in-the-a/

PostPosted: 07/24/13 7:57 am • # 2 
Administrator

Truly amazing.

PostPosted: 07/24/13 8:18 am • # 3 
Editorialist

And nothing will be done. Nothing.

That's worse than anything he said.

PostPosted: 07/24/13 8:47 am • # 4 
No, nothing will be done. This is 35 miles due east from where I grew up. Coal country.

From Wikipedia.

As of the census[2] of 2000, there were 867 people, 385 households, and 219 families residing in the borough. The population density was 608.3 people per square mile (234.1/km²). There were 474 housing units at an average density of 332.6 per square mile (128.0/km²). The racial makeup of the borough was 97.92% White, 0.35% Native American, 1.61% Asian, and 0.12% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.35% of the population.

There were 385 households out of which 23.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 42.3% were married couples living together, 10.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 43.1% were non-families. 40.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 22.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.25 and the average family size was 3.10.

In the borough the population was spread out with 21.8% under the age of 18, 6.8% from 18 to 24, 29.3% from 25 to 44, 22.6% from 45 to 64, and 19.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 100.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 98.2 males.

The median income for a household in the borough was $24,792, and the median income for a family was $34,500. Males had a median income of $27,875 versus $21,000 for females. The per capita income for the borough was $14,785. About 9.5% of families and 10.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 12.4% of those under age 18 and 7.7% of those age 65 or over.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilberton,_PA

It also fits in with the discussion I was having on chat last night. There is a deep racism/xenophobia/hatred that runs through to the core or many people. I have been trying to wrap my head around it and figure it out. I really can't. I don't think it's only prevalent in rural PA. I think this attitude is prevalent in arenas we don't generally frequent. It's there. It's not just open season now, sooz. It has always been open season. It's just more evident with twitter, message boards etc.

PostPosted: 07/24/13 9:42 am • # 5 
Administrator

Must be all that inbreeding.

PostPosted: 07/24/13 9:48 am • # 6 
Editorialist

It also fits in with the discussion I was having on chat last night. There is a deep racism/xenophobia/hatred that runs through to the core or many people. I have been trying to wrap my head around it and figure it out. I really can't. I don't think it's only prevalent in rural PA. I think this attitude is prevalent in arenas we don't generally frequent. It's there. It's not just open season now, sooz. It has always been open season. It's just more evident with twitter, message boards etc.

I have said before that it's more overt. Whether that has anything to do with the internet, I'm not so sure. It's become more mainstream with tv/radio personalities, celebrities and politicians. At one time, they at least, kept that shit to themselves. Having those public figures profess blatant racism et al, incites and empowers more citizens to do so which shows up on the internet. IOW, it's the atmosphere that is expressed on the internet, and not the internet that has inspried it. jmo

PostPosted: 07/24/13 10:48 am • # 7 
Editorialist

my reply:

no, go fuck YOURself, contard.

PostPosted: 07/24/13 11:20 am • # 8 
My cousin, whose dad was in the KKK, always babbled on about the N*'s doing this and doing that. Taking away his hard earned money. Blah blah blah.

I don't think he kept it to himself, just spoke to audiences who he thought were like-minded.

The internet didn't start the hatred, it's just a forum to demonstrate it.

PostPosted: 07/24/13 1:38 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

I don't think he kept it to himself, just spoke to audiences who he thought were like-minded.

As part of my point, I think that with the public figures spewing their hatred it has "turned" more into "like-minded".

The internet didn't start the hatred, it's just a forum to demonstrate it.

Point taken. IOW, we hear/read more of it as a result and there are thousands (if not more) posers/trolls who love to keep the shit stirred and may not necessarily believe the stuff they spew.

PostPosted: 07/24/13 2:03 pm • # 10 
It was only a decade ago that Strom Thurmond died. SC voted for him while he was dying in the hospital. He was the face of racism and hate in politics.

I don't think public figures actually turn more. They know an audience is there, and they play to them.

I have hope that youth is more accepting of multiculturalism than previous generations.

PostPosted: 07/24/13 4:27 pm • # 11 
Editorialist

I know from experience that religion can turn people. My kids are a prime example and by extension they kids may be. :( I hope I live long enough to enlighten the kids when they are older if need be. Perhaps they will come to that on their own.

And, I think that many ignorant folks will listen to public figures like Rush or politicians and be convinced that "those people" (gays, blacks, Muslims et al) must be bad because these fine wo/men say so. It's not a giant leap for many, granted, but I do think they have been and are being convinced of a "us or them" mentality. Bush started that. "If you're not with us, you are against us".

PostPosted: 07/24/13 8:00 pm • # 12 
Editorialist

I really don't understand that mayor. Nor the people in the community where this fellow if police chief. Is there a whole nest of nutcases there? You want this guy representing you to the world? On Youtube? You want him running around with a weapon??

PostPosted: 07/24/13 8:06 pm • # 13 
Editorialist

Published: September 3, 2011

The Gilberton police chief's handgun that discharged during a scuffle in a borough bar early Sunday has yet to be recovered by state police.

Troopers are investigating an incident where Mark Kessler, who was off-duty at the time, became involved in an altercation already under way among patrons inside a crowded 2nd Street Pub about midnight when his pistol discharged, shooting him in the hand.

Sgt. Barry Whitmoyer, commander of the Frackville station, said Friday the weapon had not been accounted for and it is not known if the gun was fired intentionally or went off by accident.

"We don't have the weapon and still have a lot of questions to answer," Whitmoyer said. "At this point we really don't know what we have."

However, Whitmoyer said all indications show that no other weapons were involved.

"We're not finding anything that leads to another gun being there," Whitmoyer said. "We're finding there was one gun there and it was (Kessler's)."

While Sgt. Steven J. Stinsky, commander of the Schuylkill Haven station, said Monday the gun belonged to Kessler, it is unclear if the handgun is police-issued or his personal property.

After Kessler was shot, he had left the scene with a friend to seek emergency treatment at Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs before troopers arrived.

On Thursday, Kessler referred all comments to his attorney, Joseph Nahas, Frackville, who was unavailable.

Whitmoyer said interviews are still being conducted and that Trooper John Sleboda, the lead investigator, is trying to sort out details of the incident.

"We're getting a lot of different stories and the stories are changing," Whitmoyer said.

http://republicanherald.com/news/handgu ... -1.1197433

PostPosted: 07/24/13 8:42 pm • # 14 
grampatom wrote:
I really don't understand that mayor. Nor the people in the community where this fellow if police chief. Is there a whole nest of nutcases there? You want this guy representing you to the world? On Youtube? You want him running around with a weapon??

It doesn't make sense at all. Like I said, I CANNOT wrap my head around it.

PostPosted: 07/26/13 2:31 pm • # 15 
Editorialist

grampatom wrote:

Maybe they are all his posse. Figure they got any big trees with rope marks on the branches. Gotta take care of them libtards and cain't have 'em cluttering up the jails n' prisons.

PostPosted: 07/29/13 5:12 pm • # 16 
Administrator

This guy has lost it mentally and emotionally ~ totally lost it ~ and he SHOULD lose his job ~ he should not now or ever again be in any position of public trust ~ certainly not a police chief ~ and certainly not on a school board ~ there are several "live links" to more/corroborating info in the original ~ Sooz

Monday, Jul 29, 2013 01:15 PM CDT
Militia-forming police chief lashes out at critics
"America's scariest police chief" lashes out as allies abandon him, calls critics "fat f*cks" and "f*ggots".
By Alex Seitz-Wald

Hemorrhaging allies and local goodwill, Gilberton, Pennsylvania police chief Mark Kessler says he expects to lose his job over a profanity-laced YouTube video in which he discusses shooting “libtards.” “I’ll probably be out of a job by the time I get home,” Kessler told NBC News while on vacation in Texas. Since we first wrote about Kessler last week, dubbing him “America’s scariest police chief,” the lawman has received national attention for his antics, which include forming a right-wing paramilitary organization called the Constitution Security Force.

Meanwhile, a group of pro-gun law enforcement and military officials with whom Kessler has aligned himself say they want nothing to do with the chief. “Chief Kessler is not working with Oath Keepers, nor is Oath Keepers working with him,” Elias Alias, who sits on the Oath Keeper’s board of directors, said in an email to Salon.

Kessler sometimes sports a black Oath Keepers t-shirt and has earned praise from the group’s leaders in the past. His militia-style organization and the Oath Keepers share a similar ideological agenda and have at least some overlapping membership, but Alias made clear that Kessler is not a member of his group.

The police chief has largely eschewed media interviews since the controversy broke (he did not respond to a request from Salon), but addressed the controversy on his radio show today. “What a week,” he sighed, bewildered at the attention he’s received and the degree to which he’s “pissed off a lot of libtards.” “It’s about to get very ugly, I can tell you that,” he said, explaining that he has received death threats and calls for his children to be taken away from him.

He was completely and totally unrepentant, and called out his critics by name: The local school board president is a “fucking fat fuck,” detractor radio hosts are “faggots,” and the sheriff is an “illustrious piece of shit.” Noting that his father fought in Vietnam, Kessler added: “He killed better people than these fucking scumbags that are attacking me today.”

Gilberton Mayor Mary Lou Hannon told the AP that “the profanity and violence in [the video] was a little upsetting,” but said that Kessler has been a “loyal” public servant. The chief is also a member of the North Schuylkill school board, which released a statement Friday saying that it doesn’t “condone or agree” with Kessler, but has little power to remove any of its members.

Still, when Patriot-News opinion editor John Micek visited the tiny coal town of Gilberton this week, he found a number of residents willing to defend Kessler. “He’s a good guy. He’s good to the town,” one man remarked. And Kessler had enough clout to get the borough council to unanimously pass a resolution he authored in January that authorized him to take “any and all measures” to prevent the enforcement of gun control laws.

Since our first story on Kessler last week, we’ve been deluged by people sending us other comments that they find offensive. For instance, there’s this instructional video Kessler posted on YouTube, where he teaches viewers basic pistol technique using “Nancy Pelosi” as a target. The image is of a deranged clown with a hammer. “This is what most of our congressmen and women and senators look like without their plastic surgery and makeup,” he quips, before riddling “Pelosi” with bullets. “We’re going to give two to Nancy [bang, bang]. Then we’re going to put two in her face [bang, bang],” he explains, repeating the exercise several times with glee.

There’s also his apparent belief in the conspiracy theory that President Obama was not born in the United States. He interviewed Orly Taitz in June, calling her “the real deal,” as opposed to fellow birther activist Mike Zullo (they’re on opposite sides of the birther civil war). Kessler endorsed much of what Taitz had to say, questioning the presidents eligibility to serve and calling him a great liar. Previously, Kessler endorse the notion that most of Obama’s past is fictitious, including his enrollment at Columbia University.

In other interviews, Kessler ruminates openly about insurrection against the federal government. “We have to be able match — all law-abiding citizens and freedom lovers across this great nation — need to have the same implements that the oppressors have. How do you fight somebody that has firepower like an AR-15 or M-16, which our government carries, with rocks? It’s just not going to happen,” he said once.

He had planned a march on Washington in September, but it’s unclear if the rally will go on, given the controversy.

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/29/militia_forming_police_chief_lashes_out_at_critics/

PostPosted: 08/01/13 6:42 am • # 17 
Administrator

Hallelujah! ~ I guessed that Gilberton was a small town ~ but it explains a lot that the chief of police is also its "sole police officer" ~ :ey ~ there are "live links" to more/corroborating info in the original ~ Sooz

Wednesday, Jul 31, 2013 10:20 PM CDT
“America’s scariest police chief” suspended
Dozens of armed supporters rally for Mark Kessler after a censure from the town council.
By Alex Seitz-Wald

With phalanx of heavily-armed supporters touting assault rifles outside, the borough council of Gilberton, Pennsylvania decided to suspend its militia-founding, “libtard”-hating, conspiracy-theorizing police chief, Mark Kessler, for using town-owned guns in a profanity-laced YouTube video that went viral.

In a closed meeting, the council voted 5-1 to suspend Kessler for 30 days, “for use of borough property for non-borough purposes without prior borough permission.” In one of the videos, the tiny town’s sole police officer used automatic weapons, which he was only legally authorized to do in his official capacity.

After the vote, there was what PennLive’s John Luciew described as an “impromptu gun rights rally,” with supporters with “all manner of firearms strapped to their belts and hanging from their shoulders.” “America’s scariest police chief,” who also hosts a radio show and frequently appears on conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ airtime, has developed a small national following in far-right Second Amendment circles. “I have no regrets,” the chief told the crowd of about 100, which also included many opponents, adding that he’d be back as the town’s lawman “30 days from tonight.”

Photos of the event from the Allentown Morning Call and PennLive show a surreal scene that looks as if a media firestorm got lost on its way to cover Anthony Wiener and accidentally crashed the local militia meeting — or vice versa — with rough-looking black- and camo-clad men armed to the teeth mixed in with besuited local TV anchors. There were some women, including this one sporting high heels and a Glock, and some older men, but mostly it was young men, who looked very serious. A state police helicopter was spotted overhead, but there was no police presence on the ground — aside from Kessler.

Others rallied to say Kessler should have been fired. On man said his wife is “afraid” of the chief.

Whether he returns to being police chief or not, Kessler has likely found a following on the outer fringes of the gun rights movement and this probably isn’t the last we’ve heard of him. ”He was able to stand up above the crowd and blaze a separate path,” John Zangaro, director of Operation Constitution said.

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/01/americas_scariest_police_chief_supended/

PostPosted: 08/01/13 8:29 am • # 18 
Administrator

First it's Joe the Plumber and now it's Mark the Dumber.

PostPosted: 08/02/13 10:09 am • # 19 
Editorialist

the 30 days won't stop him. he will end up losing his job.

PostPosted: 08/02/13 10:56 am • # 20 
Editorialist

macroscopic wrote:
the 30 days won't stop him. he will end up losing his job.

And then be the martyr for the "libtard" haters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09/01/13 6:36 am • # 21 
Administrator

Take a deep breath ... and FIRE this creep! ~ :ey ~ Sooz

‘Libtard’-hating police chief’s suspension extended indefinitely
By Arturo Garcia
Saturday, August 31, 2013 17:10 EDT

The Pennsylvania police chief who attracted attention for his profanity-laden videos featuring him cursing local and federal officials while wielding firearms agreed on Friday to extend his suspension without pay indefinitely until his lawyer can meet with his local city council.

The Patriot-News reported on Friday that the Gilberton City Council voted unanimously to keep Mark Kessler on suspension for “using borough property for non-borough purposes without prior borough permission” until they can meet with his attorney, Joseph Nahas, citing a scheduling conflict for scuttling a planned Aug. 30 meeting.

The meeting was to be held four days after video surfaced of Kessler shooting at a picture of a clown he called “libtard Eric,” after council vice-president Eric Boxer. Council president Daniel Malloy was also reportedly represented in another of Kessler’s targets in the video.

Kessler told the Los Angeles Times his videos — which include him shooting at pictures he identified as House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Secretary of State John Kerry — constitute peaceful political speech.

But while he has attracted supporters, at least one activist group, Keystone Progress, told the Times it had collected more than 23,000 signatures on a petition calling for him to be fired, saying Kessler’s supporters may retaliate with violence if the council moves to oust him.

“You can’t have a police chief that intimidates at least half of the population,” Keystone Progress executive director Michael Morrill said to the Times.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/31/libtard-hating-police-chiefs-suspension-extended-indefinitely/

PostPosted: 09/13/13 5:19 pm • # 22 
Administrator

This alternate reality keeps popping up ~ :ey ~ Sooz

TPMLIVEWIRE
Anti-‘Libtard’ Police Chief Mark Kessler Launches Write-In Campaign For Sheriff
Catherine Thompson - 2:32 PM EDT, Friday September 13, 2013

The Pennsylvania police chief who recorded viral YouTube videos in which he fires guns and refers to Democrats as "libtards" has declared himself a write-in candidate for the Schuylkill County sheriff's office, the Pottsville Republican-Herald reported Friday.

Mark Kessler, the police chief in Gilberton, Pa., announced the write-in campaign on his website and Facebook page this week.

"I've been kicking it around for a long time," Kessler told the newspaper of his plans to run for the office, adding that he had switched his party affiliation from Republican to independent despite pressure from "Republican elites."

"It's going to be a tough run," he added. "I probably have a popularity vote, but since my name isn't on the ballot, it's going to be tough. It will be a miracle if I win, but I'll give it a shot. It will let me get my message out. Maybe the people of Schuylkill County will elect me as sheriff, but I'll throw my name into the ring and see what happens. I'll try my best."

Kessler was suspended from his post for 30 days for using Gilberton Borough's guns in the YouTube videos, and town officials plan to hold another disciplinary hearing on Sept. 19, according to the newspaper. The police chief recently told TPM that he's been teaching people how to shoot guns in the interim and befriended James Yeager, a fellow gun rights activist.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/police-chief-mark-kessler-launches-write-in-campaign?ref=fpb

PostPosted: 12/05/14 9:08 am • # 23 
Administrator

Altho I admit this scenario is possible, if I'm given a choice of choosing between fact or fantasy, I choose fantasy ~ :ey ~ Sooz

TPM LIVEWIRE
Anti-'Libtard' Ex-Police Chief: I Was Undercover For The Feds The Whole Time
By Catherine Thompson Published December 4, 2014, 10:17 AM EST

An ex-police chief who had his 15 minutes of fame last year in a series of profane YouTube videos is clawing his way back to the spotlight with some bizarre claims.

Mark Kessler was fired from his post as the police chief of Gilberton, Pa. in September 2013. Tensions had risen between Kessler and the borough council after videos that showed him firing machine guns at an target he called "Nancy Pelosi" and ranting against "libtards" went viral -- but now he's saying that he made the videos with a federal agency as a tool to root out anti-government extremists.

In a Tuesday interview with Fox News radio host Alan Colmes, Kessler said he did not actually believe the views he expressed in the videos and was simply acting as a "magnet" for sovereign citizens and the like.

His claims, however, were vague and offered without proof.

"I was sent out for -- well I can’t really say exactly who -- but I was sent out by agencies to go out and attract and investigate, whatever I can do to find out who’s who and what’s what among these groups," he told Colmes. "When I say groups, I’m talking about Second Amendment groups, patriot groups, alleged patriot groups, militia groups, all kinds of groups."

Kessler repeatedly refused to say what federal agency he worked with, although he did say that he contacted one of the FBI's joint terrorism task forces. He said that Gilberton officials were not aware of what he was doing at any point in the process.

According to Kessler's account, his videos helped take down "several plotted attacks that didn't go through" in Georgia and Texas.

He mentioned the "XXX Minutemen," a Georgia group that was allegedly planning to blow up a federal building, and several "wannabe terrorists" in Texas. Three Georgia men were in fact arrested early this year after discussing plans for attacks on government buildings on the "XXX Minuteman Militia" Facebook group.

But he said he was not paid for his alleged work for the government, nor offered a job with the feds down the road.

"What was in it for you?" Colmes asked.

"I got to save a lot of lives, I can tell you that," Kessler responded.

The last we'd heard from Kessler back in February, he was founding a military-style militia group of his own and had signed a development deal for a reality TV show. As for his alleged work for the federal government, Kessler told Colmes that some cases were still under investigation but his part in it was "finished."

h/t Raw Story

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mark-kessler-undercover-federal-claims

PostPosted: 12/05/14 9:39 am • # 24 
Administrator

It's becoming all too apparent that there are far too many psychos who become cops. It isn't a question of training but of inadequate screening of recruits and hiding HR records.

Page 1 of 1   [ 24 posts ] New Topic Add Reply