It is currently 03/29/24 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next   Page 5 of 6   [ 137 posts ]
PostPosted: 09/14/14 7:42 am • # 101 
Administrator

Here is this week's installment ~ I keep waiting for these cretins to all be locked up, together, in a padded room, far far far away from the rest of us who still have working brain cells ~ :ey ~ Sooz

AlterNet / By Janet Allon
5 Right-Wing Doozies This Week: The Sarah Palin Apology Tour
Plus, Rush Limbaugh's football dreams lie in ruin.

September 13, 2014 | 1. Sarah Palin is really, really sorry. So sorry.

Clamoring to stay relevant, Sarah Palin hit the airwaves this week for some startlingly incisive commentary on Obama’s speech outlining his strategy to fight ISIS Wednesday night. Just kidding. She went on Hannity to bash the president some more for playing golf that one time rather than immediately declaring war. It only stands to reason that Palin would be asked to comment on geopolitics. She can, after all, see Russia from her house. But Palin had something really important to say. She feels she owes us all an apology. Great, we feel that way, too. For dumbing down every debate in America (not single-handedly, but she really helped), for using made-up words like "refudiate." For advocating policies that decimate the earth, and for that brawl her idiot family got involved in over the weekend. We have a list. Contact us, Sarah.

But no, she wants to apologize because John “Bomb them to smithereens” McCain is not president. And, we guess, although she did not say it exactly, she blames herself.

“As I watched the speech last night, Sean,” she said, “the thought going through my mind is, ‘I owe America a global apology. Because John McCain, through all of this, John McCain should be our president.’”

A global apology. Global. Wonder what the hell she means by that.

See, if McCain were president, everything would be hunky dory. We would have bombed so many people, and had so many more troops in Iraq, and like, had troops and bombs everywhere. Just what everyone wants. “He had the advice, today, still giving it to Barack Obama, and he will not listen to it,” Palin brilliantly articulated. “About the residual forces that must be left behind in order to secure the peace in Iraq that we had fought so hard for.”

Yes, Iraq was marvelously peaceful then. We made it so much better.

Then she warned that the Islamic State is coming to take over America. “Guess what,” she said in her folksy, aw shucks way. “We’re next on the hit list.”

Wonder if she blames herself for that. Globally.

2. Rush Limbaugh learned some things while trying to watch football. It was horrible.

Rush Limbaugh had a perfectly miserable time watching football on Thursday night, poor guy. He made the mistake of tuning in early for the pregame show before the Baltimore Ravens/Pittsburgh Steelers matchup, and instead of hearing some good football commentary, or perhaps some patriotic claptrap on the anniversary of 9/11, what did he get? An earful about how terrible domestic abuse is—not what he signed up for, at all.

“I learned that I’m not doing enough to stop wife-beating,” he said, his voice dripping with mockery, disgust and indignation. “I learned that I am not aware enough. That my conscious (sic) is not being raised enough. I learned that it’s an epidemic. It’s happening all the time. I learned that 600 women have supposedly died from wife abuse since Ray Rice cold-cocked his wife in that elevator.”

He learned all of this at the hands of James Brown, who gave an impassioned, principled, and very brief speech about how it is time for men to step up and take responsibility for the problem of domestic abuse. Rush Limbaugh does not like learning things. It makes him very, very ornery. But at least he could brag about one thing. He saw this coming. “As I predicted,” he said. “Football is politics. It has jumped the shark and become politics.”

Football has become, in Rush’s immortal words, “chickified.”

There go those feminazis again, ruining everything.

3. Betsy McCaughey, ‘Death Panel’ fabricator, flees ‘Daily Show’ set after being asked about the popularity of Obamacare.

Will anyone ever take New York’s former lieutenant governor, vocal and voluminous Obamacare hysteric Betsy McCaughey seriously again? Apparently not. Because this pathetic masquerade of a policy wonk, inventor of the terror-inducing concept of "death panels" that Obamacare was supposed to usher in, just isn’t getting interviewed all that much these days. What a shame—such a hard-working misinformer.

No, the absolutely horrific news is that Obamacare is working and that people like it. Contrary to Fox’s Ben Carson’s assertion that it is the worst thing that has happened to America since slavery, the newly insured just aren’t feeling properly enslaved. Tragically, only 36 percent of Americans even want to repeal Obamacare now. McCaughey devoted thousands of pages, and gazillions of words trying to take this law down. Now she has to settle for an interview on the "Daily Show," which she accepted. (Has she ever watched the "Daily Show"?)

In a segment called “The Obamacare Apocalypse,” Jordan Klepper empathetically informs her: “It’s been a tough road for critics of this law [sad face]. “If people aren’t behind repealing this law, how are we going to get them on our side?”

Whoa! She did not see that coming. She is dumbfounded, thunderstruck. (All those words she once spewed. Where did they go?) Also, she is very angry. She clumsily stands, fumbles with her microphone, which becomes entangled in her blonde tresses. She flees the set and into the night, or maybe it was afternoon.

Oh, the indignity of being called on your bullshit! What a world. What a world.

Watch the whole terrific segment.

4. Despicable Fox & Friends hosts giggle that NFL girlfriends, or domestic abusers—not sure which—should take the stairs.

The following exchange took place on Fox & Friends on Monday, in response to the video of Ray Rice knocking his fiancée out in an Atlantic City elevator.

Host Steve Doocy: “We should also point out, after that video — and now you know what happened in there — she still married him. They are currently married.”

(Translation from Fox-speak: It’s her fault if she’s getting beaten.)

Co-host Brian Kilmeade: “Rihanna went back to Chris Brown right after [he assaulted her]. A lot of people thought that was a terrible message.”

(Translation: Black entertainers are especially bad role models.)

“I think the message is take the stairs,” Kilmeade continued.

Anna Kooiman giggled.

Oh. Hahahahahahaha. Good one.

Wait, what? Are stairs safer? Are you less likely to be attacked on stairs than an elevator? Nah, just kidding.

Doocy: “The message is, when you’re in an elevator, there’s a camera.”

It really was so funny, even if Doocy kind of killed the joke by stating the obvious.

Later, after a storm of negative comments on social media, the good folks at Fox & Friends assured their audience that, “domestic abuse is a very serious issue to us.”

Obviously. They spent all of 13 seconds by Huffpo’s count, and one truly hateful joke, on it.

And that Kilmeade, he’s a hoot!

5. Pat Buchanan: There is something far more terrifying than ISIS. And it also starts with an 'I'.

While a lot of pundits and pols were wringing their hands about the threat of ISIS this week, and still others were terribly concerned about the threat to football that punishing domestic abusers poses, Pat Buchanan warned of a much graver problem: immigrants. Now they are some scary motherf*ckers.

With immigrant-child-phobic Laura Ingraham nodding in agreement, Buchanan spoke ominously about how immigrants would single-handedly bring about the “decomposition of this country, socially, culturally, politically.”

Wait, don’t let ISIS hear about this weapon of mass America destruction.

“Look,” Pat said, “we’d better realize that the United States itself is in tremendous long-term danger, I think, and the bleeding border along our southern border, the mass movement of people from all over the world into this country...."

Oh, stop, Pat. Too scary! Why, we might even become a nation of immigrants.

Worse still, a nation of Democratic-voting immigrants.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/5-right-wing-doozies-week-sarah-palin-apology-tour?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

PostPosted: 09/14/14 8:30 am • # 102 
Administrator

Quote:
A global apology. Global. Wonder what the hell she means by that.

Oh, that's just a word she read in one of the many newspapers she reads on a daily basis, but she can't remember which one.

PostPosted: 09/14/14 8:43 am • # 103 
Administrator

I don't think so.
She has others read newspapers and they pick a "word of the day" for her.

PostPosted: 09/14/14 8:45 am • # 104 
Administrator

Yep ... like "refudiate" ~ :b

Sooz

PostPosted: 09/14/14 8:49 am • # 105 
Administrator

Shae says she had a lisp attack.

PostPosted: 09/14/14 8:55 am • # 106 
Administrator

This explains a lot...
http://www.drugsfort.com/antibiotics/palin.html

PostPosted: 09/14/14 11:18 am • # 107 
Editorialist

“Football is politics. It has jumped the shark and become politics.”

wait- if politics is for women, and Rush is a political commentator, what does that mean?

PostPosted: 09/14/14 12:30 pm • # 108 
Administrator

Time to come out of the closet, Limpbag.

PostPosted: 09/14/14 5:02 pm • # 109 
Editorialist

macroscopic wrote:
“Football is politics. It has jumped the shark and become politics.”

wait- if politics is for women, and Rush is a political commentator, what does that mean?

Don't even go there. He is NOT a woman. He is definitely one of YOU, not one of US. Deal with it. Don't be throwing that shit in our back yard. :b

PostPosted: 09/14/14 7:33 pm • # 110 
Editorialist

And Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter are women! They're one of YOU!

(But no they aren't, are they?)

PostPosted: 09/15/14 4:10 pm • # 111 
Editorialist

touché :b

PostPosted: 09/21/14 8:07 am • # 112 
Administrator

Here is this week's installment ~ ever notice how few of these morons repeat either themselves or others with the same mindset? ~ that's almost impressive ~ :ey ~ Sooz

5 Totally Vile Right-Wing Moments This Week: Hannity Stands Up for Child Abuse
'My father beat the crap out of me and look how great I turned out.'

September 20, 2014 | 1. Sean Hannity: My father beat the crap out of me and look how great I turned out.

Sean Hannity vociferously defended pro-football player Adrian Peterson, who is facing indefinite suspension and criminal charges for beating his four-year-old with a tree branch, this week. While Hannity allowed that Peterson may have gone too far, as did Hannity’s dad, apparently, the Fox host feels that neither deserves to be charged as criminals. Hannity regaled his guests with tales of his beatings, with sound effects, re-enactments and everything. "I got hit with a strap—bam bam bam—and I’ve never been to a shrink. I deserved it.”

Hannity took off his belt to demonstrate just how hard his dad hit him. “I got it like this” (whack whack whack, on the desk). It was hard for his guests to get a word in edgewise, Hannity was so involved in his demonstration. “I was not mentally bruised because my father hit me with a belt.” (Note to Sean: mental bruising is not what Adrian Peterson is charged with.) “My father punched me right in the face when I talked back to him, and I deserved it.”

That’s what kids need, a good punch in the face. Because they deserve it.

And Hannity’s fine, we tell you. He’s fine. No psychological problems whatsoever. Never been to a shrink. He never needs to talk about those beatings, over and over again, drowning out everyone else on the show, including a shrink. Never.

2. John Boehner: The unemployed are just sitting around, not wanting to work.

The House Speaker expressed his deeply thought out views about the unemployed this week during a speech to the American Enterprise Institute. They’re lazy bums, he said, in a nutshell. And yeah, it’s Obama’s fault. Boehner's words:

Quote:
“This idea that has been born, maybe out of the economy over the last couple years, that you know, I really don’t have to work. I don’t really want to do this. I think I’d rather just sit around.”

That last bit is where Boehner is channeling unemployed people's thoughts.

He then held himself up as a shining example of someone who always worked so hard, but this was back when hard work was valued in America: “If you wanted something you worked for it,” Boehner said. “Trust me, I did it all.”

Where oh where is John Boehner of tomorrow? Is he sitting on his couch thinking, nah, I don’t feel like working.

Question: Does John Boehner know any unemployed people? Where is he getting this pseudo-insight? How is he getting inside their heads and reading their thoughts?

Answer: He doesn’t. And he can’t.

3. Rush Limbaugh: No means yes if you know how to spot it.

Rush Limbaugh’s escalating hatred for women is oozing out of every cell, every pore and every orifice these days. On a near daily basis, he spews hatred of women for ruining football by walking into men’s fists, for demanding that there be consequences for domestic violence, for just “chickifying” and ruining everything.

This lamentable march toward chickification has, in Rush’s view, lead inexorably to increased awareness, and, ugh, rules, about sexual assault on campuses, like Ohio State University which announced strengthened policies ensuring consent.

Boo, how terrible, Limbaugh hissed on his radio show. “Consent” in his view takes all of the “romance” out of things. Romance, as defined by Rush, is recognizing when “no” means “yes.”

“How many of you guys, in your own experience with women, have learned that no means yes if you know how to spot it?” Limbaugh asked his apparently ossified-through-age male listeners. “I’m probably — let me tell you something, in this modern [world], that is simply, that’s not tolerated. People aren’t even going to try to understand that one.”

“It used to be a cliché, it used to be part of the advice young boys were given,” he added.

Yes it was Rush, it was a cliché, and it was a very very long time ago. It was fairly wrong then (as clichés often are) and completely wrong now that there is growing awareness that women also want sex, and are very capable of expressing that desire.

Well, that’s no good, Rush lamented. “Seduction used to be an art,” he actually said. “Now, of course, it’s prudish, it’s predatory, it’s bad.”

We are trying to envision a “seduction” that could be construed as both “prudish” and “predatory” and drawing a complete blank. Anyone?

Limbaugh capped off his week by calling the Republican Party the equivalent of "a battered wife" when it comes to its treatment by the mean old media. So see, he does have sympathy for battered women, after all. They're just like Republicans.

4. Sarah Palin’s take on daughter Bristol repeatedly punching the host of a party: Bristol is a role model for strong women.

Sarah Palin has been trying to avoid the whole subject of her classy brood’s involvement in a good ol' fashioned backyard brawl recently, but she did post something on Facebook this week about how proud she is of her daughter Bristol. Witnesses have said that dear, sweet Bristol was a very active puncher in the melee, landing multiple blows on the head of the owner of the house, and of course, the host. You betcha the Palins will be invited back to that house again.

This week, mother bear Palin wrote glowingly of her daughter:

Quote:
"My straight-shooter is one of the strongest young women you'll ever meet. I have to say this as a proud mama: right up there with their work ethic and heart for those less fortunate, my kids' defense of family makes my heart soar! As you can imagine, they and my extended family have experienced so many things (liberal media-driven) that may have crushed others without a strong foundation of faith, and I’m thankful for our friends’ prayer shield that surrounds them, allowing faith to remain their anchor. Thank you, prayer warriors! I love you!”

Prayer warriors, yeesh! Does Jesus know about this?

5. Laura Ingraham’s hysterical blog post: 'NFL Sacks Jesus, Hires Feminists'

Laura Ingraham just can’t figure out what to get most worked up about lately. She spent part of the week spreading ignorance about ebola, derisively calling it “those scary little worms” and saying America should not be bothering to help fight it. And there was her usual hysteria about child immigrants infecting real Americans with..what, compassion? She tweeted her disgust that proposed New York City ID cards would offer undocumented immigrant children admission to the city’s zoo and museums. Yeah, that’s downright awful. And then this busy right-wing beaver also had to weigh in on the sissification of the NFL, and penned a blog post titled: The NFL Sacks Jesus, Hires Feminists.

Ingraham is right there with Limbaugh about the “de-masculinization agenda” running rampant in American football. While Ingraham somewhat reasonably writes that Roger Goodell should have been fired once the second Ray Rice video surfaced, she’s even madder that he has now committed an even worse offense: Appointing three women, gasp, feminists, to “help lead and shape the NFL’s policies and programs related to domestic violence and sexual assault.” How misguided. It’s the end of football as we know it.

Worse still, Ingraham laments, is that a player was reprimanded for wearing a “No Jesus, No Peace” T-shirt. “Let’s face it: Liberals don’t like the idea of individuals having a personal relationship with God,” Ingraham foams at the mouth. “They can’t control it. They hate Natural Law. It is always about the allocation of power—should it be with the individual as God intended or with the state as collectivists want?”

Someone get this woman a sedative.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/5-totally-vile-right-wing-moments-week-hannity-stands-child-abuse?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

PostPosted: 09/28/14 8:23 am • # 113 
Administrator

Another week's installment that doesn't disappoint in its nasty hate-mongering just for the sake of hate-mongering ~ :g ~ Sooz

6 Idiotic Right-Wing Statements this Week: O'Reilly Goes Off the Deep End Edition
Even his fellow Fox Newsians can't take the stupidity anymore.

September 27, 2014 | 1. Fox’s Eric Bolling demonstrates that if ever there was a “boob on the ground” he is it.

President Obama saluted the troops with latte in his right hand this week, thus launching a flurry of some of the most inane commentary about patriotism the world has yet witnessed. A round of golf and a tan suit have nothing on latte. On Fox, it was all-latte-all-the-time, they were so hopped up on the stuff. This incredibly minor incident is all the right-wing needed to prove that the president has “no respect for the men and women in uniform.” And Fox’s Eric Bolling, co-host of “The Five” is just the man to set the president right on that. But first, he just has to tell everybody this really funny line he thought of about the first female fighter pilot for the UAE, who is helping drop bombs on ISIS targets. “Would that be called ‘boobs on the ground?’” Bolling quipped. Oh, good one, Eric. Hahahahahaha.

Even his co-hosts, and other Fox Newsians, like Greta van Susteren, collectively groaned. They wanted to know, Eric, how are we going to score points against Obama disrespecting the military when you make jokes like that?

Later, after his wife apparently gave him a dirty look when he arrived home that night, Bolling apologized on the air twice. So you know how heartfelt it must have been. The wifey's reaction is likely the only reason he apologized. It is also likely that he has many other boob jokes ready to go, because he just loves using that word.

2. All of Bill O’Reilly’s Fox co-workers say that his plan for a huge mercenary “strike force” to fight Islamic extremists is beyond absurd.

Bill O’Reilly was so pleased with himself this week. He had come up with a solution to the problem of violent Islamic jihadist extremists, and it was brilliant. All we need is a 25,000-person well-paid, mercenary “world-wide strike force,” he told viewers. “You wouldn’t believe how many military people who have called me and gone, ‘that’s a great idea.’

He was right. No one believed him.

Charles Krauthammer said: “You’ve gone from out of the box to off the wall. Do you really want to be running around the world responsible for a band of desperadoes?”

A guest military expert said: “It’s a terrible idea. We’re not going to solve this problem by creating a band of Marvel’s Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy.”

It seems that no one is taking O'Reilly serioulsy anymore.

Back to the drawing board, Bill. Time for another cartoonish plan.

3. Sarah Palin no longer seems to recognize or care that her words are making absolutely no sense.

“Don’t retreat: You reload with truth, which I know is an endangered species at 1400 Pennsylvania Avenue. Anyway, truth,” Sarah Palin told the crowd at the intellectually scintillating Value Voter Summit this week. Of course, 1400 Pennsylvania Avenue is the famous address of, uhh, the plaza in front of the Willard Hotel? But you get her drift, don’tcha? Another excerpt: “Bush’s war was bad, but Barack’s bombs, oh baby those red lines, the strategery there that was thought up on the back nine, Barack’s bombs, oh they’re the bomb.” Palin seems to have reached the point where she mimics speech by stringing random thoughts and right-wing memes together, and it sounds to her like language. How she got this way is unclear. Too many family brawls, a blow on the head during a moose-hunting expedition, too much Fox News, having been given a national platform before her brain was fully formed. Those are some of the theories kicking around. The audience looked a bit bewildered, so she topped all off with her version of the now infamous latte salute.

Everyone laughed and laughed. At last a recognizable joke.

And yes, that’s right. She used the word “strategery.”

4. Michele Bachmann – Declare War on Islam – Bet no one’s every tried that before, and it worked out great.

Of course, Palin was not the only looney tunes speaker at the Values Voter Summit. Her pal Michele Bachmann managed to take our breath away with her stunningly ignorant, bigoted speech suggesting we “declare war” on Islam. In his speech to the nation, President Obama had had the audacity to say that the airstrike war he was launching against ISIS has nothing to do with Islam. That is just not acceptable to xenophobes and Islamaphobes like Bachmann, who is just dandy with the idea of a modern day Crusade. Perhaps someone should gently inform her that this is precisely the narrative that ISIS would like to disseminate.

“Yes, Mr. President, it is about Islam!” Bachmann bellowed to the conservative crowd. “And I believe if you have an evil of an order of this magnitude, you take it seriously. You declare war on it, you don’t dance around it. Just like the Islamic State has declared war on the United States of America.”

She then said that Obama should be more Reagan-like, and that he practice “Peace through strength,” as Reagan did with the Soviet Union under Gorbachev. Confusing, because we could have sworn that peace is precisely the opposite of what she had just suggested.

Neither historical accuracy nor logical consistency shall dim her wild-eyed passion.

5. Laura Ingraham says fighting Ebola is all about redistributing wealth. (Yes, she said that.)

Well, maybe Cersei Lannister, as Heather "Digby" Parton has suggested, for all you Game of Thrones fans. But, in real life, Ingraham perseveres in her role as one of the wickedest witches on the right-wing fringe. Her preferred target of unaccompanied minors and illegal immigrants of all ages has now become intertwined with her hysteria and meanspiritedness about Ebola. She just resents the hell out of the fact that American troops are being deployed to help fight the worst Ebola outbreak in history. Can’t we just lock the doors, close the gates, put a pillow over our heads and wait for it to kill off a bunch of Africans, she wonders.

The above is not much of an exaggeration of Ingraham’s actual words on her radio show this week, which were:

“If we are really serious about Ebola being a threat to the United States of America, we have to shut down our border because you never know who could come across–probably not people with Ebola, but who knows. We gotta be much tougher on who we allow to come into this country legally on planes…”

Of course, this is all Obama's fault. He's the one who sent our troops to help fight the outbreak, which just makes her hopping mad, in both senses of the word. Also, up to this point, she’s acutally been holding back from being as deeply offensive as she really wants to be. But like the Ebola virus, her virulence is hard to restrain. (Warning: protective clothing recommended for the following.) “The military is just another tool in his arsenal to level the playing field, right?" Ingraham argued. "I mean, in other words, Africa really deserves more of America’s money because we’re people of privilege. We’re people of great privilege, so we should do what we can, we the American taxpayers, to transfer wealth over to Africa. It’s his father’s rage against colonialism, as Dinesh D’Souza wrote about, and maybe this is a way to continue to atone for that… If a few American military personnel have to be exposed to the Ebola virus to carry out this redistribution of the privileged’s wealth, then so be it.”

Again, nobody beats Ingraham, not even relatively tepid and tame Ann Coulter, for sheer green venom issuing from her mouth.

6. MIT frat president Bill Frezza gets all mixed up about the purpose of “drunk female guests” at frat parties.

A number of things seem screwy about the Op-Ed from the president of the Beta Foundation, a person that you’ve likely never heard of until now, named Bill Frezza. In a column published briefly in Forbes this week, this MIT genius alum argued that “drunk female guests are the gravest threat to fraternities.” Wait, has ISIS heard about this grave threat to our way of life?

And also, where is he getting this notion? Drunk female guests are an essential at fraternity parties. Who else are you going to have sex with when they pass out?

The trouble is that drunk female guests lie, Frezza believes, and not in a good way, which would be to lie still.

This human mix of lint and phlegm really argued this, which can only mean that he really thinks it, which does elevate his woman-hatred to the level of Rush, ‘no means yes if you know how to spot it’ Limbaugh.

Like Limbaugh, Frezza knows full well that the feminazis will unfairly attack him for, well, blaming women for everything including being raped.

“Before feminist web vigilantes call for my defenestration, I single out female guests for one simple reason,” he wrote:

“Fraternity alumni boards, working with chapter officers, employ a variety of policies designed to guide and police member behavior. Our own risk management manual exceeds 22 pages.”

Wow, 22 whole pages! That’s tough, we had no idea MIT students had to do all that reading.

“But we have very little control over women who walk in the door carrying enough pre-gaming booze in their bellies to render them unconscious before the night is through.”

Fear not; Frezza has a plan to deal with Greek life-threatening enemy: “Identify drunks at the door.” Bar the door. Keep them out. Drunk women, that is. Because fraternity brothers never get drunk.

He said all this and more. And Forbes published it. Then they took it down and fired him, because apparently, they had to be told that this screed was utterly offensive.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/6-idiotic-right-wing-statements-week-oreilly-goes-deep-end-edition?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

PostPosted: 09/28/14 11:00 am • # 114 
Editorialist

Of course, Palin was not the only looney tunes speaker at the Values Voter Summit. Her pal Michele Bachmann managed to take our breath away with her stunningly ignorant, bigoted speech suggesting we “declare war” on Islam. In his speech to the nation,

O goody! Another Republican "War on"! How's that drug thingy working out for yuh? It's been what - about fifty years since Nixon girded the nation's loins in that one?

Do you think Bachman and Palin ever get together and play "I'm dumber than you"? Or maybe they cheated of each other in high school.

PostPosted: 09/28/14 8:12 pm • # 115 
Administrator

Laura Ingraham says fighting Ebola is all about redistributing wealth. (Yes, she said that.)

Dayum, she figured it out. That Democrat e-bola virus is what's messing up the rightwingnuts' talking points.

PostPosted: 10/05/14 7:27 am • # 116 
Administrator

Here is this week's installment ~ I just canNOT figure out how these "people" each found a public platform to spew their idiocy ~ :g ~ the Stephen Colbert video live-linked below IS hilarious ~ Sooz

6 Idiotic Right-Wing Moments This Week: War on Science and Knowledge Rages On
Because who needs science when you can have hysteria instead?

October 4, 2014 | 1. Elisabeth Hasselbeck demands that doctor panic about ebola because Elisabeth Hasselbeck is a parent.

Fox & Friends invited an actual doctor on this week to discuss the alarming news about the first case of ebola in America and then didn't listen to her expert opinion at all, and instead lectured her about what should be done. Infectious disease specialist Dr. Dalilah Restrepo was the lucky guest who got to be ignored and hectored into admitting that panic is the only reasonable response. The doctor held her ground admirably.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck asked: “How contagious is (ebola) in your mind?”

(The construction of the question is telling, because the only view that matters to Hasselbeck is the view that is already in her mind.)

Dr. Restrepo patiently explained how ebola is not contagious through the air like the flu or TB, but rather infectious, and only infectious through the body fluids of a person who is already symptomatic.

Clearly, this distinction zoomed over everyone's head.

Steve Doocy and Eric Bolling talked about how everyone on the plane should be quarantined, even though the doctor had just said that the patient was not symptomatic on the plane and therefore neither infectious nor contagious.

After not listening at all for a while Hasselbeck insisted that she and everyone else has to panic irrationally because she’s a parent, and it’s important that parents panic irrationally. Also, all Americans have to panic and not be informed because, “It’s here!”

“You have a very calm tone,” Hasselbeck instructed. “It must come by nature with what you do professionally, doctor. The rest of us are saying wait a minute, there’s a lot of panic when it comes to the flu, to lice. As a parent, I’m thinking, ‘Well there should be a little bit of a justification for worry here.’”

Restrepo again tried to explain the difference between contagious diseases like the flu and ebola, but was interrupted by suggestions that we ban people from West Africa from coming here. And people should be checked before they board and after they get off planes, shouldn't they?

“But it’s here!” Hasselbeck insisted.

2. Reality star Jessa Duggar blames Holocaust on Charles Darwin.

To be fair, no one expects reality stars to be geniuses. But Jessa Duggar, spawn of the evangelical Duggar family, produced a real headscratcher this week when she visited the Holocaust Museum and concluded that evolution was to blame. See, the idea that people are descended from apes has lead directly to the racist idea that other people are “less than human,” and the deaths of six million Jews. Because religious people who believe God made people in his image have never ever committed any atrocities against people of say, different faiths. Nope, can’t think of a single instance, Crusades.

Part of Duggar’s rambling post-Holocaust Museum-visit Instagram went: Racism, stemming from the evolutionary idea that man came from something less than human; that some people groups are ‘more evolved’ and others ‘less evolved.’”

As far as we know, Hitler did not compare Jewish people to apes, though he did think they were sub-human, but never mind. Curiously, Duggar did not mention the Nazi’s extermination campaign against homosexuals, probably because the Duggars are waging their own war on gay people. The all-life-is-sacred Duggar went on to talk about abortion, which the Holocaust reminds her of, because, well, everything reminds her and her 18 (and counting!) siblings of abortion.

3. Dr. Ben Carson: AP History leads straight to ISIS.

A conservative Colorado school board is waging a war on historical knowledge in its effort to change the AP History curriculum to be a little nicer to America. When high school students admirably raised hell about this blatant propagandistic move, the story went national, and the case became a cause celebre. You might say, this war on knowledge and the hope that knowledge will triumph could be one for the history books.

Among those paying attention to the controversy and feeling the need to comment inanely, was none other than Dr. Ben Carson, who at one time was an educated man, or at least went to medical school, but has traded that in for the chance to make idiotic commentary on Fox News.

This one is a doozy, even for a guy who called Obamacare worse than slavery. AP History, Carson opined, is a recruiting tool for ISIS.

Yah. He said that. Here it is verbatim:

"I am a little shocked quite frankly looking at the AP course in American history that's being taught in high schools across our country right now...There's only two paragraphs in there about George Washington. George Washington! Little or nothing about Dr. Martin Luther King...I think most people when they finish that course, they'd be ready to go sign up for ISIS. I mean, this is what we're doing to the young people in our nation...We have got to stop crucifying ourselves. Have we made mistakes as a nation? Of course we have. Why? Because we're people. And all people make mistakes."

And, well, might we add, that the last thing we’d ever want to do is learn from our mistakes, like, slavery. Or segregation. Or Vietnam. It's not like people learn history in order not to repeat it. No one would ever say that.

4. Bobby Jindal continues his flight from knowledge and science—Stephen Colbert nails him for it. Jindal tries to fight Colbert with humor. Guess who wins.

After Mitt Romney lost the last presidential election, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal gave a rousing speech about how Republicans had to stop insulting people's intelligence, stop treating voters like know-nothing idiots, and how they had to “stop being the stupid party.” There is reason to suspect that Jindal, who graduated from Brown with a major in biology and was a Rhodes scholar is not completely stupid, just intellectually bankrupt.

Lately, Jindal has been backing away from all that pro-knowledge stuff, because it just isn’t playing well with the base. When questioned recently about whether he believes in evolution, he responded that he is “not an evolutionary biologist,” despite his majoring in biology. In any case, whether or not one is a scientist is irrelevant—that's what we have scientists for. Then he said he thought local school districts should decide how they are going to teach science. In other words, they should be free to raise little ignoramuses. (Or is it ignorami? I don't know, I'm not a linguistic scientist.)

Or, in Stephen Colbert's rephrasing of Jindal's words: "Evolution should be established science only locally. Like, on one Galapagos Island the finches have developed longer beaks to poke holes in cactus fruits. On another, they have shorter beaks because Jesus."

Evolution is not the only science Jindal backs away from; he also challenges climate science. He has said that he thinks global warming is a “Trojan horse” for the Democrats, and despite his state actually experiencing the effects of rising sea level, his recently released “Energy Plan” only mentions that fighting forest fires might be a good idea, because they make things really hot. And there aren't any forest fires in Louisiana. Nothing about fossil fuels. He's not a climate scientist after all.

Still, though, despite at least acting like a very stupid person whether or not he actually is one, Jindal thinks he is smart enough to battle the shellacking Colbert gave him on his show. This week, Jindal tweeted: “If evolution is true @stephenathome, then why is your humor so far behind @thedailyshow?”

Pretty funny.

Not nearly as funny as Colbert.

Click here to watch Colbert’s hilarious segment featuring Jindal.

5. Chris Cuomo says Reza Aslan's tone is why Muslims are so scary.

While some waged war on hard sciences, like biology and climate science, CNN’s Chris Cuomo, waged a battle with a religious scholar. Though not strictly a right-winger, Cuomo is just as Islamophobic as the next guy, and so he became alarmed when a Muslim person got angry on CNN. It was religious scholar Reza Aslan, who discussed with several CNN hosts the media’s tendency to over-generalize about “the Muslim world.” Aslan raised his voice in frustration during this debate. This, according to Cuomo is why everyone is afraid of Muslims.

“His tone was angry. He wound up kind of demonstrating what people are fearful about when they think of the faith in the first place, which is the hostility of it,” Cuomo said. Later Cuomo brilliantly pointed out: “It’s not a coincidence that ISIS begins with an I.”

So, just to review, Reza Aslan, a scholar who actually knows something about religion, expressed some frustration with the fact that the media does not seem to be capable of or willing to making distinctions among the approximately 1.6 billion Muslims in the world.

This includes sometimes seemingly liberal people like Bill Maher, who repeats the phrase “the Muslim world” like a mantra to mean scary people who oppress women and behead apostates.

Reza Aslan did his darndest to show the intellectually lazy and racist nature of lumping all these millions of people together. He mentioned the peaceful largely Muslim countries of Indonesia and Malaysia. He pointed out that some Muslim countries have had several women heads of state, for instance, something the U.S. has yet to do. When no one heard him, or seemed willing to attempts to draw any distinctions in “the Muslim world,” he became frustrated and called the inability to do so, “stupid,” which it is.

But when he said it, because he has slightly darker skin and is a Muslim, it was scary. ISIS is probably using the scary video of Aslan talking angrily to recruit fighters right now.

Seriously, this might be the stupidest thing Chris Cuomo has ever said.

6. Sarah Palin’s geography fail: The White House is at 1400 Pennsylvania Avenue, right?

Reasons to be relieved that Sarah Palin never got close to the White House are legion, but a new one emerged last week when she told the Values Voter Summit audience that “truth is in short supply at 1400 Pennsylvania Avenue.”

The people standing in the plaza in front of the Willard Hotel were a bit perplexed. The White House, at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, had no comment.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/6-idiotic-right-wing-moments-week-war-science-and-knowledge-rages-0?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

PostPosted: 10/05/14 11:02 am • # 117 
Administrator

According to this map ( https://maps.google.ca/maps?rlz=1T4GGIE ... JIBEPwSMAs ) the White House is to the LEFT of Palin's incorrect location.

PostPosted: 10/12/14 8:03 am • # 118 
Administrator

oskar576 wrote:
According to this map ( https://maps.google.ca/maps?rlz=1T4GGIE ... JIBEPwSMAs ) the White House is to the LEFT of Palin's incorrect location.

HA! ~ great observation, oskar ~ then again, everything is "to the left" of Sarah Palin ~ :b

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/12/14 8:23 am • # 119 
Administrator

Here is this week's installment ~ and we are "blessed" by 2 newbies making their first appearance ~ :ey ~ Sooz

5 Right-Wing Outrages This Week: 'Biblically Correct' Sex Edition
Plus Fox freaks out about the 'attack on Columbus Day.'

October 11, 2014 | 1. Phil Robertson: You can't get STDs from having "biblically-correct" sex.

Boy are some Christians having “biblically-correct” sex going to be pissed if they come down with an STD. “Duck Dynasty” patriarch, Phil Robertson, told them this would not happen. He said it in a sermon, in a church, in the house of God, so it must be true. He said, “Biblically correct sex is safe,” during a sermon in West Monroe, Louisiana recently. “It’s safe. You’re not going to get chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, AIDS.” He meant monogamous sex with an uninfected partner, which is true enough. But that sounds kind of scientific-ey. Also, it does not rule out the dreaded homosexuality, which he has a well-known track record of hating. So, yeah, he prefers the term “biblically-correct sex,” which is, of course, heterosexual, monogamous, and maybe just a tad boring.

But he’ll tell you what does spread diseases, “Orthodox liberal opinion,” that's what. Liberals are spreading “debilitating diseases” all over the U.S. Not sure how, but they are, trust him. Also, science. Robertson does not have much use for that. Nor does he have any use for knowledge, or anything else that does not come from the Bible.

Robertson, is dumber than a post. He has revealed that repeatedly, for instance when he claimed black people were happier when they were slaves and during Jim Crow. There were other people with IQs lower than that of wood sitting in the church listening to him.

2. Phyllis Schlafly: Obama wants America to be just like Africa, Ebola and all.

Phyllis Schlafly is working hard to be the most hateful woman on the planet well into her dotage. In the last few weeks, the 90-year-old Eagle Forum founder has said some real doozies, from advising young women to get married to avoid being raped, to attributing the Secret Service mess-ups to the fact that an overweight woman was leading the agency. Now she is turning that lightning intellect to the scourge of ebola, which she says Obama is trying to spread around America.

To be fair, she thinks he’s also trying to spread other diseases. That’s why he let those kids from Central America in.

“Out of all the things he’s done,” Schlafly told WorldNetDaily in an interview this week, “I think this thing of letting these diseased people into this country to infect our own people is just the most outrageous of all.”

These diseased people. Let's just contemplate the hatefulness in that.

The problem, Schlafly says, is that Obama wants America to be as awful as other places. Especially Africa, because he rejects American exceptionalism. And because he’s black, of course. And because he's living in the White House with his family while black.

“Obama doesn’t want America to believe that we’re exceptional," Phyllis whined. "He wants us to be just like everybody else, and if Africa is suffering from Ebola, we ought to join the group and be suffering from it, too. That’s his attitude.”

Oh, ugh. Can’t someone get her to shut up? She is spreading the disease of hatred and ignorance every time she opens her mouth. Talk about a public health threat.

3. Fox & Friends freaks out about assault on Columbus Day.

Here we are just 83 shopping days away from the War on Christmas, and the poor, persecuted White Christians in this country are dealing with another all-out assault: the War on Columbus Day. This week, the good and long-suffering folks at Fox News reported the deeply distressing news that a Seattle school board voted to scuttle Columbus Day, and redub the holiday, “Indigenous People’s Day.” The horror. As Peter Johnson, Jr. appearing on Fox & Friends declaimed: “It’s a social and political statement that says Christopher Columbus was a violator of indigenous people. It’s a slap. It’s an attack on Columbus. Day.” (sic)

It's an attack!

It’s terrible because, as Stephen Colbert pointed out, Christopher Columbus was the kind of Spanish immigrant that Fox & Friends likes. Much better than the border crossers now.

What will the dastardly leftist, liberal social engineers think of attacking next?

4. Microsoft CEO: Women should not ask for raises. They should trust the system, their super-powers and karma.

We’re not totally certain of Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella’s political persuasion, but he definitely had a pretty tin-eared, right-wing moment this week, when asked a predictable question about notorious unequal pay for women in the tech industry. How far do you have to have your head buried under a computer to not know that this question will come up when you are addressing a group at the annual Grace Hopper Celebration, which celebrates women in the tech field.

But, and this is a charitable interpretation, because he has since apologized, he really did not see that question coming. His advice to women in tech who feel underpaid was just so stunningly awful, it defies belief. Try passivity, he suggested. “It’s not really about asking for a raise, but knowing and having faith that the system will give you the right raise,” Nadella said, while discussing the issue with Dr. Maria Klawe, a member of the Microsoft Board, Harvey Mudd College president and computer scientist.

“That might be one of the initial ‘super powers,’ that quite frankly, women (who) don’t ask for a raise have,” he continued. “It’s good karma. It will come back.”

Good karma! Super-powers! Why didn't we think of that?

There was an uproar, and he apologized, we suspect under duress. When he rehearsed that response in his head, did he not notice how ridiculous and off-base it felt. Advice to future CEOs: If it does not sound right for men. It's not right for women. Sarah Silverman may be having a sex change to close the wage gap, but most women are not.

5. Michigan Republican: I am a scientist. And a climate-change denier to boot.

It has become commonplace for climate-change deniers to defend their ignorance by saying, "I'm not a scientist." To which the sensible retort should more often be: Well, that's fine, because luckily, there are scientists who have done the research, and they overwhelmingly tell us, we're entering a catastrophic phase of man-made climate change. We have to do something!

But Rep. Dan Benishek, Michigan GOPer, is trying a different tack. He's claiming to be a scientist, and then denying overwhelming scientific evidence.

“The climate may be changing, but I don’t think man is contributing to it,” Benishek told ABC 10′s news director Greg Peterson this week.

Peterson offered to “throw some science" at him.

No thank you, Benishek said. "I am a scientist. You know, I believe in peer-reviewed science. But, I don’t see any peer-reviewed science that proves there is man-made catastrophic climate change.”

Now, strictly speaking, he might not be lying. He could both be a scientist and manage not see the overwhelming quantity of peer-reviewed science that proves that. Not a terribly observant or informed scientist. Not a good scientist. He did study biology and he went to medical school and has performed surgery.

He also is a scientist who gets a lot of support from the fossil fuel industry, according to OpenSecrets.

But we're sure that in no way has influenced his very scientific views.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/5-right-wing-outrages-week-biblically-correct-sex-edition?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

PostPosted: 10/19/14 9:27 am • # 120 
Administrator

Here is this week's installment, which does not disappoint with its obvious stupidity, idiocy, and ugliness ~ :ey ~ Sooz

6 Dumbest Right-Wing Moments This Week: Ebola Stupidity Rages On
Trump ups the ante with an insane tweet about the president.

October 18, 2014 | 1. Fox Newsian (Shep Smith) breaks rank, says something sensible. Rush Limbaugh promptly mocks him for it.

There was a strange outbreak of sanity this week on Fox News. Well, not an outbreak. One case. Shep Smith made an impassioned statement about how Ebola hysteria is counterproductive, and Americans should not be swept up in it. "Do not listen to the hysterical voices on the radio and the television or read the fear-provoking words online,” he urged his viewers. “The people who say and write hysterical things are being very irresponsible."

Whoa, Shep. What are you saying? Sowing fear and panic is your network’s bread and butter. This is heresy.

One day we may really have something to panic about, Smith continued. And we’re not going to ready for it. We’ll have spent all our panic chips. “We're not gonna panic when we're supposed to and we're certainly not gonna panic now," Smith urged. "We have to stop it."

Fortunately, this outbreak of somewhat inarticulate reasonableness was contained. The rest of the Fox News team donned their Hazmat suits and ratcheted up the crazy, irresponsible fearmongering and Obama-blaming. Good ole Rush Limbaugh sagely did the manly thing and mocked Shep Smith, by calling him a sissy. “Shep Smith was crying so much during his reporting from New Orleans in Hurricane Katrina his mascara was running,” Limbaugh said. “But we need to dial it all back here.”

All is right once again in the right-wing conservoverse, where sanity proved to be an isolated case.

2. Dr. Keith Ablow: Obama has it in for us; that’s why he’s trying to give us Ebola.

Reality seldom impinges on the world that Dr. Keith Ablow, a member of Fox’s “medical A-team,” is creating in his own head. In this world, President Obama hates America and that’s why he isn’t protecting Americans from the Ebola virus by closing the border. Ablow explained this week on Fox radio that Obama thinks of himself as a “citizen and a leader of the world” who has no affinity for any particular country “perhaps least of all this country because he has it in for us as disappointing people. People who’ve been a scourge on the face of the Earth.”

Ablow explained that "as a psychiatrist," this is his professional and considered opinion. He cannot even believe the suggestion that his views on Obama being un-American and loving people in Africa more than Americans, could possibly be be construed as racist. He is shocked, shocked I tell you. “I would say the same thing if he was from Luxembourg,” he said.

That ought to settle it.

In fact, Ablow is so unracist that he graciously offered to treat the president, who he called, “Our patient in chief.” Ablow would love the opportunity to sit Obama down and explain to him why he hates America so much, and why this is a problem. “It’s psychologically difficult to defend and protect a country that you have it in for,” he said.

Clearly a doctor with deep compassion.

3. Donald Trump: The president is a ‘psycho.’

Blowhard businessman Donald Trump has not been able to get any of his blatantly racist birther theories or other accusations to stick against the black man who has taken over the White House by being elected, twice. But Trump, who counts excessive germophobia among his charming traits, is particularly worked up about this Ebola thing. Ever the nice guy, he opposed allowing Ebola-infected American doctor, Kent Brantly back into the country for treatment in Georgia a while ago, because maybe Trump would catch it in New York. And of course, Trump favors the travel ban from West Africa that conservatives are calling for. Because, of course he does.

Trump also loves to tweet, and can always be counted on for his usual thoughtfulness in that medium. “I am starting to think that there is something seriously wrong with President Obama's mental health,” Trump tweeted this week. “Why won't he stop the flights. Psycho!”

Sure hope Trump runs for President again. He can always be counted on to lift the level of the discourse.

4. Laura Ingraham thinks Africa is a country ... (oh, yeah, and that Obama wants Americans to die).

The right cannot get over the fact that Obama will not impose a travel ban. They are, ahem, borderline fetishistic about America’s borders, and the fact that people, especially dark-skinned people, can go across them.

But no one beats Laura Ingraham for obsession about borders. Like Dr. Ablow, Ingraham has a full-blown alternate universe in her head that she thinks explains Obama’s refusal to impose a travel ban on people from West Africa. “The WHO is admitting it botched its efforts to contain the Ebola outbreak in Africa,” the xenophobic talker said on her show this week, “Yet Obama keeps citing ‘experts’ in his opposition to a travel ban. We can’t have it because because it’ll make matters worse… for who?”

Ah! There’s the rub, Obama hates us. Ingraham claims that the left even admits this, when it is being honest. “If a few Americans have to die to make Africans’ lives better, that’s what has to happen,” was her version of Obama’s position. “We owe a great debt to other countries, including Africa, and if that means Americans have to die, we just have to die.”

This is all kinds of wrong and crazy, but we’ll just note that in Ingraham’s alternate universe, the Dartmouth-educated xenophobe considers Africa a country.

5. Louie Gohmert: Infected nurses are evidence of the Democrats’ war on women.

Texas tea partier Louie Gohmert chatted with Glenn Beck this week and brought his unique spin to the Ebola story. Gohmert called CDC director Tom Frieden the leader of the “Democratic war on women nurses!”

Oh, burn! See what he did there? Everyone’s always saying that it’s the Republicans who are waging a war on women, just because they are trying to take reproductive choices away from us and deny us equal pay for equal work. Well, take that Democrats! Louie Gohmert’s got your number.

When Beck asked Gohmert how he was, Gohmert seemed a bit stumped.

"As far as I know, I’m okay. But do any of us really know for sure?" (Because the CDC is lying to us, of course. Get it?)

Well, actually, Louie, some of us do know for sure if you are okay. You should see your doctor, because your stupidity is metastisizing.

6. Scott Brown: Ebola would never be happening if Mitt Romney were president.

Former Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown has already greatly added to the Ebola conversation by cautioning Americans about Ebola-infected terrorists coming over the Mexican border.

Now the New Hampshire Senate hopeful wants to remind America that Ebola would never have happened if his boy Mitt Romney were president.

“Gosh can you imagine if Mitt was the president right now?” Brown asked. “He was right on Russia, he was right on Obamacare, he was right on the economy. And I guarantee you we would not be worrying about Ebola right now and, you know, worrying about our foreign policy screw ups.”

Gosh! That is so true! Because nothing ever bad happens when Republicans are in the White House. 9/11 attacks don’t occur (under Bush,) we don't start stupid wars in Iraq (Bush), and AIDS doesn’t become an epidemic (under Reagan). Because Mitt would have waved his magic Ebola wand, and everyone would be safe.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/6-dumbest-right-wing-moments-week-ebola-stupidity-rages?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

PostPosted: 10/19/14 11:15 am • # 121 
Editorialist

scott brown is closing in the polls in NH.

PostPosted: 10/26/14 8:20 am • # 122 
Administrator

Here is this week's installment, showcasing the morons amongst us ~ :ey ~ there are "live links" to more/corroborating information in the original ~ Sooz

5 Craziest Right-Wing Moments this Week: Christian Celeb’s Bonkers Ideas about Halloween
Plus Fox Newsian just doesn't get young women.

October 25, 2014 | 1. Kirk Cameron: Obama Halloween masks are actually celebrating Jesus’ triumph over Satan.

Former "Growing Pains" star Kirk Cameron is doing his darndest to rebrand Halloween as a Christian holiday. At the same time, the uber-right-wing Christian actor is getting his digs in at Obama.

“When you go out on Halloween and see all people dressed in costumes and see someone in a great big bobble-head Obama costume with great big ears and an Obama face, are they honoring him or poking fun?” Cameron said to one of his favorite publications, The Christian Post.

Of course, he knows the answer: "They are poking fun at him."

Crazy started when Cameron compared this to how early Christians dressed up in devil, goblin and witch costumes to make the point that these evils were vanquished by Jesus. “The costumes poke fun at the fact that the devil and other evils were publicly humiliated by Christ at His resurrection.”

Just as Obama has been vanquished by Jesus. Amirite?

Cameron is also anxious to assert Christian ownership of Halloween, despite the fact that most historians and anthropologists say its origins are pagan and go back to harvest festivals. In Cameron’s cheery rewriting, Halloween isn’t even about death. So, what Christians should do for Halloween is throw a party and show how “death was defeated,” by Jesus.

We did not know that death had been defeated. Has this been widely reported?

For his next act, Cameron will save Christmas. From the Grinch, presumably.

2. Fox Newser Kimberly Guilfoyle: Young women should not vote or serve on juries. They should just go back on Tinder.

Women—especially young women—tend not to vote Republican. Hmmm. Wonder why that is. Nothing to do with the all-out assault on abortion rights. No. Nothing to do with Republicans not supporting equal pay for equal work laws. Nothing to do with “binders of women,” or “legitimate rape” or television ads suggesting that voting is much like choosing a wedding dress.

Nope. Fox News’ “The Five” host Kimberly Guilfoyle thinks it’s because young women just don’t “get it.”

“It’s the same reason why young women on juries are not a good idea,” Guilfoyle said. “They don’t get it. They’re not in that same life experience of paying the bills, doing the mortgage, kids, community, crime, education, healthcare. They’re like healthy and hot and running around without a care in the world. ... I just thank and excuse them so they can go back on Tinder or Match.com,” Guilfoyle offered, jocularly.

Even some of the male panelists appeared to be squirming, though they love a good cat-fight. Saves them the trouble of insulting women.

Panelist Greg Gutfield soberly opined, “with age comes wisdom” and “the older you get, the more conservative you get.”

Still, strangely, the only young people who lack the wisdom to vote or serve on juries according to Guilfoyle are female.

Guilfoyle later clarified that she just meant that young women can maybe vote but they should not serve on juries.

"I said I want to 'thank and excuse' someone from jury service," Guilfoyle said. "That is the language you use in the courtroom. If they want to go back and do social media or dating websites, fine." She added, "I take the right to vote very seriously. I take the right to serve on a jury very seriously. And I think you should be informed when you do both things."

So there, not sexist at all. Why would you think that?

She did not mention that to be informed, you mustn’t watch Fox News, which actually sucks information out of your brain.

3. Texas wing-nut congressman sees parallel between Ebola crisis and zombie movies.

Speaking of brain sucking ... Texas GOP Representative Blake Farenthold already has the birther credentials that qualify him, some say, to succeed Michele Bachmann as the nuttiest nutjob in Congress. (Esquire political blogger Charles Pierce’s name for the post is the Royal Regent of the Crazy People, of which Louie Gohmert is Emperor for Life.)

But this man, Farenthold is a serious contender. His contribution to the national dialogue on Ebola, and the CDC’s handling of it this week was this:

“Every outbreak novel or zombie movie you see starts with somebody from the government sitting in front of panel like this saying there's nothing to worry about.”

So, he’s not having any trouble separating fact from fiction. None whatsoever.

4. Joni Ernst wants to go to Washington and be a senator packing heat, in case she’s attacked by the government.

It’s one thing to run on a shrink-the-government platform. Wing-nut Joni Ernst of Iowa is running for Senate on a “I’m scared of the government; that’s why I need to carry my gun with me everywhere to protect me from the government that I want to join,” platform.

OK, it’s a little long and unwieldy, but she’s working on it.

Video surfaced this week of this Koch-funded Iowa extremist speaking lovingly of her gun at an NRA event two years ago. Somehow, it seems relevant now. In it, Ernst says:

“I have a beautiful little Smith & Wesson, 9 millimeter, and it goes with me virtually everywhere… I believe in the right to defend myself and my family — whether it’s from an intruder, or whether it’s from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important.”

This beacon of level-headed leadership won the GOP primary with the help of an ad showing her glee at castrating hogs.

“Washington’s full of big spenders,” she said to the camera before slicing into the unfortunate animal’s balls, “let’s make ‘em squeal.” Kind of like the guy in Deliverance.

Ernst has also gone on the record for promising to jail federal bureaucrats who try to implement Obamacare in her state. She is really a Koch kind of gal.

Now that we know that this loon’s got a gun and she knows how to use it—and she’s ahead in the polls—we can all sleep better at night.

Except the hogs.

5. Pat Robertson: The gay terrorist Inquisition is just so terribly wrong.

Pastor Pat's increasingly enfeebled mind is working overtime to come up with enough scary rhetoric about gay people. So he combined two really bad things—terrorism and the Spanish Inquisition—and told his viewers that gay people are doing both.

“These people are terrorists, they’re radicals and they’re extremists,” the hysterical evangelical told 700 Club viewers. “No Christian in his right mind would ever try to enforce somebody against their belief or else suffer jail. They did that during the Inquisition, it was horrible, it was a black mark on our history, but it isn’t being done now.” Robertson thinks it’s time that pastors put up their dukes and fight these “homosexuals.” Because no one has thought of that, ha! Christians persecuting gays? Never.

No, the gentle Christians are just rolling over in the face of this scary gay terrorism.

“If the gays want to go out and do their gay sex, that’s one thing,” said the very Reverend. “But if they want to force you to accept and solemnify it by marriage, that’s another matter.. . .”

Hear that, the gays? Uncle Pat says it’s all right for you to go out and do your gay sex.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/5-craziest-right-wing-moments-week-christian-celebs-bonkers-ideas-about?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

PostPosted: 10/26/14 1:56 pm • # 123 
Administrator

Gay, Spanish Inquisitors have been let loose on Murrica!
Hide under your beds and stand on your heads... those tinfoil hats don't work!

PostPosted: 11/02/14 8:05 am • # 124 
Administrator

For some reason, this week's installment is especially hateful and ugly to me ~ both of the videos live-linked below are simply awful ~ :g ~ Sooz

6 Right-Wing Disasters This Week: Bill O’Reilly Drops Accidental Truth Bomb
Fox Newsians and Chris Christie demonstrate how to be horrible about, well, everything.

November 1, 2014 | 1. Bill O’Reilly: Republicans are afraid of black people.

Bill O’Reilly chatted with radio host Tavis Smiley on Thursday, about how black people are to blame for their economic problems, blah blah blah same old, same old. But Papa Bill also said something simultaneously bizarre and true. He told Smiley that Republicans are “more intimidated than uncaring. I think they’re afraid … I think they’re afraid of, uh, black people, yeah.”

Smiley looked both amazed and perplexed. His facial expression said: “I can’t believe you just said that. Out loud."

Smiley’s mouth said. “Why? Are black folks scary?”

Egomaniac O’Reilly, who feels no need to monitor what comes out of his mouth just kept motormouthing on through his inadvertent admission of truth, bloviated: “No, no, the white Republican power structure is afraid of black Americans. They don’t know how to treat them; they don’t know how to speak to them… They don’t know anything about the culture, and they don’t want to be called a racist bigot, so they stay away,” O’Reilly said. “That’s just my opinion.”

See, black people’s fault again, for making everyone afraid of being called racist, when they are being racist.

Smiley was still confused: “Why would that make you scared, instead of wanting to understand?"

See, Smiley thought he might be talking to an intellectually curious man. He was not. O’Reilly already knows all about what is really wrong with black people, even though he doesn’t understand their culture. They just won’t get their act together, keep their families together and get out of the ghetto.

He answered Smiley’s question: “Because they feel it’s not worth the trouble, the few votes they might siphon off, to get involved with it. That’s how they feel. I know that for a fact.”

Ummm, does he actually think that’s okay?

Watch the disgusting segment here.

2. Fox Newsian wants to add his voice to street harassers caught on viral video: Damn, baby. You look hot!

Fox News’ roundtable on the street harassment video that went viral this week was just as enlightened as you might expect it to be. For those who need a reminder, a video made by the anti-street harassment group Hollaback documented a woman’s walk around New York for ten hours, during which she was subjected to more than 100 catcalls, being told to smile, comments about how good she looked, criticisms about being unfriendly, and having one man follow her silently for five minutes.

In a nutshell, Fox Newsians saw nothing wrong here. “Nothing was disrespectful there,” said Eric Bolling. “There were a lot of people saying you look fantastic, God bless you.”

Another participant said: “She is finding fault with guys on the street saying hello to her, which may in fact be their only way of contacting women. It’s their bar and she’s walking through it.”

First of all, it’s the street, so not a bar, and not theirs. Second, lots of the comments and behavior in the Hollaback video would not be okay anywhere, including in a bar.

Then a troll—as in a creature who lives under a bridge, not the on-line sense— by the name of Bob Beckel thought he’d just end the whole non-debate by saying: “She got a hundred catcalls, let me add a hundred and one. Damn baby, you are a piece of woman.”

And if your skin was not already crawling, that’s when it started to.

See the video of charming right-wing reactions to Hollaback here.

3. Rush Limbaugh: A scary black man is threatening our women.

Of course, schmuck jock Rush Limbaugh added his sickening voice to the street harassment discussion by blaming feminism for the whole thing, because what can’t be blamed on feminism?

But he still had time for his other favorite pursuit besides bating feminists this week, playing on the worst, most base racial fears of conservative white people. His comments on the upcoming election:

“Here you have five white women seeking reelection, they desperately need the black turnout. We just had a story today that in New Orleans only 5% of the black vote’s voted in early vote for [Louisiana Sen.] Mary Landrieu…if that’s all they get then it’s sayonara. And yet here’s the first black president, Barack Hussein Obama, and none of these white women want him anywhere near their campaign.”

Yeupp, white women and a scary black man with a foreign sounding name. Five white women politicians: Landrieu, Alison Lundergan Grimes in Kentucky, Kay Hagan in North Carolina, Jeanne Shaheen in New Hampshire and Michelle Nunn in Georgia, all of whom are all going to get the thumping they deserve for hanging out with a black guy in the first place.

Not very subtle, is it.

4. Chris Christie: Tries to distract everyone from ‘Bridgegate’ by being an absolute d#ck about everything else.

Chris Christie really wants everyone to shut the f*ck up about how he and his top aides ordered a massive traffic jam on the George Washington Bridge for petty political reasons.

So, the New Jersey Governor decided to be a complete ass-wipe about something else. Everything else. First, he took aim at an incredibly brave and charitable nurse named Kaci Hickox who was returning from Ebola-stricken Africa, unfortunately for her by way of Newark, NJ. Christie locked her up in a tent with inadequate heat, toilet facilities and food and personally diagnosed her as “obviously ill,” based on zero information. But why would you rely on information? Or science, for that matter. Later, after a wealth of commonsense, actual scientific criticism of his meanspirited, blatantly political over-reaction, Christie crowed, “We’re not moving an inch.” Because, why would you ... when you can just keep being wrong, mean and stupid?

Later in the week, at a press conference on the two year anniversary of Hurricane Sandy, Christie mixed it up with a heckler who dared question his dispersal of Sandy Aid. “Shut the hell up, and sit down,” the Governor said, once again demonstrating his ample impulse control and equanimity.

5. Ted Cruz: It’s okay for Tim Cook to be gay because I like my iPhone. The rest of you gays and lesbians are not allowed this “personal” choice.

Ted Cruz likes his iPhone. Isn’t that great? He does not like gay people, and often boasts about that. In fact, the rabid, right-wing Texas Tea Partier even introduced a bill with Utah Sen. Mike that would make sure states will still have the right to ban marriage equality and refuse to recognize same-sex marriages in other states.

But when it comes to Apple CEO Tim Cook’s being gay, that, Cruz said on Squawk Box this week is a “personal decision.”

“Those are his personal choices. I’ll tell you, I love my iPhone,” Cruz said.

“Listen, Tim Cook makes his personal decisions, and that is his life. My focus is on the constitutional question of who has the authority to make decisions,” he continued.

But wait, Ted, didn’t you just say it’s a personal decision? Which is it?

6. Laura Ingraham crosses the line from meanspirited to batsh*t cuckoo with suggestion that Ebola volunteers are props.

Should we be worried about Laura Ingraham’s sanity at this point? She’s been coming up with some doozies lately, like conspiracy theories about dark-skinned children crossing our borders in order to infect us with diseases. Now, she is questioning the existence of health care workers.

This week, President Obama addressed the country’s response to Ebola outbreaks in West Africa, and was joined by several health care workers who have recently returned from relief operations and others who are about to embark on some. It’s worth noting that, after getting a slow start in Ebola response, Obama has been fairly exemplary in his leadership on the disease, heeding science (when did this become controversial? Ugghh, nevermind) and refusing to bow to hysteria. Witness his hug with nurse Nina Pham, who actually was diagnosed with Ebola and recovered, compared, say, with Chris Christie’s locking up a nurse who was NOT infected.

Also present was Dr. Kent Brantly, who became infected while volunteering in Liberia and was the first Ebola patient treated on American soil. Dr. Brantly, it somehow needs to be said, is a real person. Really.

But Ingraham thinks all these people may have been stunt doubles, questioning whether or not they were employees of the pro-Obama political group Organizing for America disguised in "white coats."

Speaking of white coats, it might be time for the people in them to come for Ingraham.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/6-right-wing-disasters-week-bill-oreilly-drops-accidental-truth-bomb?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

PostPosted: 11/09/14 9:45 am • # 125 
Administrator

Here is this week's [disgusting] installment of "great thoughts" from "great thinkers" ~ :g ~ the live-linked WaPo op-ed below is a "must read" ~ there are more "live links" to more/corroborating information in the original ~ Sooz

7 Totally Outrageous Right-Wing Statements This Week: Geraldo Rivera Ups His Jerkiness Quotient
And an anti-gay pastor's insane theory about what's in your Starbucks latte.

November 8, 2014 | 1. Geraldo Rivera: Minorities fail because of 'thug ethic' and clothing choices.

Fox & Friends played a clip of Condoleezza Rice talking about how America is the best place in the world to be a black woman Republican from the south, like she is, this week. She did not like the fact that Democrats “played the race card” in some states in a desperate attempt to mobilize the vote in the midterm elections.

As we all know, Republicans never engage in fear-mongering tactics to win elections. They would never stoop so low as to scare Americans into thinking that Ebola is going to kill us all, or that ISIS is streaming over the Mexican border in the form of Latino immigrant children, or that the black man in the White House is the one who brought all these horrors raining down upon our heads. Republicans obviously never use race to scare people.

If only Condi would run for office, Geraldo Rivera and other panelists kvelled. We love her, they said. She’s the kind of black woman who makes white people feel good, and much less guilty. “She’s so balanced, and such a great role model,” Rivera said. Unlike all those other black people, who really make him mad. “There’s too much, in the minority culture that embraces the ‘thug ethic,'” Rivera continued. “No belt, so your pants are down around your butt. Or, remember how much trouble I got in about the hoodies? The point is, if you want to embrace that failure, you will be a failure, and your children will be failures.”

Wait, a little confused. Hoodies are embracing failure? Thought people wore them to embrace warmth, but maybe that’s just us. You know who doesn’t wear hoodies? Condi, that’s who.

(Note to Geraldo, and everyone else: Check out this Washington Post op-ed written by a super successful African-American father who thought his children's privileged upbringing would protect them from racism.)

2. Ben Stein: Obama is the most racist president ever.

To review the Republican position on racism: What racism? The only racists still around are black people. Also, anyone who brings up race at all, especially if they are black, is racist.

And you know who is the biggest racist of all? Obama, that’s who. That is the position Fox News intellectual giant Ben Stein took this week when he said Obama is the most racist president ever. Quite a distinction, when you consider he beat out the 12 U.S. presidents who owned slaves. Also, he beat Woodrow Wilson, who upheld segregation and denied African Americans good jobs.

"What the White House is trying to do is racialize all politics and they're especially trying to tell the African-American voter that the GOP is against letting them have a chance at a good life in this economy, and that’s just a complete lie," Stein said. "I watch with fascination — with incredible fascination — all the stories about how the Democratic politicians, especially Hillary, are trying to whip up the African-American vote and say, ‘Oh the Republicans have policies against black people in terms of the economy.’ But there are no such policies."

"It’s all a way to racialize voting in this country," Stein continued. "This president is the most racist president there has ever been in America. He is purposely trying to use race to divide Americans.”

So, it’s not like Obama didn’t win any contests this week. That ought to cheer him up.

3. Harlem pastor: Starbucks coffee contains the semen of sodomites.

Harlem pastor James David Manning has cracked the secret recipe of Starbucks coffee. “The deal is that Starbucks has been legally accused of using male semen in their lattes,” he said, citing a satirical article in what he described as a "reputable online magazine" called the Inquisitor. The New York Times, of course, killed the Starbucks semen story, because of the paper's sodomite propensities. Those sodomites have to stick together. Also, Ebola is spread by sodomites. And Craig Spencer, the New York doctor who was infected by Ebola while volunteering with Doctors Without Borders in Western Africa? You guessed it. Sodomite.

“My question is where [is Starbucks] getting all this semen from," Manning wondered aloud in a hilarious rant that you can watch here. "Possibly from doctors' offices,” Manning conjectured. “My suspicion is that the semen is coming from sodomites. Somebody has discovered that semen like cord blood has millions of little zygotes in it and flavors up the coffee, and makes you thinks you’re having a good time.”

I’m not making this up, he said.

Nope. It’s the little voices in his head that are making it up.

4. Joni Ernst: 'We’re headed to Washington and we’re going to make them squeal.'

Iowa senator-elect Joni Ernst is going to be such fun in Washington. You could say that late-night comics are already squealing with delight at the prospect of this gun-toting, pig-castrating, good ole gal’s arrival on the national stage. Another person who is pleased as punch about Ernst’s arrival is Pat Buchanan. The conservative pundit thinks Ernst is one fine-looking filly. And good looks are a really good reason to elect a crazy woman, who boasts about carrying a gun to protect herself from the federal government. Ernst enjoys bragging about how good she is at neutering hogs as much as Sarah Palin loved talking about the best way to hunt moose. Ernst also seems to be a big fan of the movie Deliverance, especially that scene where Ned Beatty is anally raped, and is forced to squeal. "We are heading to Washington," Ernst said in the clip from her victory speech, "and we are going to make 'em squeal!"

Then she cackled maniacally in a way that reminded CNN’s Brooke Baldwin and others of the cartoon character Cruella de Vil. Brooke Baldwin, it should be noted, is not a late-night comedian.

Joni Ernst sure does make the whole comedy thing easy. The jokes just write themselves.

5. Fox 'Dr.' Keith Ablow: I’m not a narcissist, I’m just right about everything.

Fox “doc” Keith Ablow does not like to be criticized. This week, the thin-skinned pseudo-psychiatrist really resented the fact that some of the leaders in the psychiatric world expressed the fact that he is an embarrassment and a disgrace to the field. In particular, Jeffrey Lieberman, the chairman of psychiatry at Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons, was quoted in an AP story saying, "Basically [Ablow] is a narcissistic self-promoter of limited and dubious expertise." He also called Fox News “shameful” for giving this quack a platform.

Oof. Ablow did not care for that. He’s right, he argued, and not a narcissist. "As a psychiatrist, news commentator, and medical professional, my analysis is accurate. I stand by what I have said," he said in a press release. "Psychiatrists are uniquely situated to comment on political figures, and the interface of politics and psychology is improved by psychological analysis."

Ablow, who is quite possibly the biggest race hustler on Fox, and that is really saying something, has said that Obama obviously loves Africa more than he loves America, and that is his scientific opinion. He cannot believe that anyone would attack his professional credibility or call him a narcissist, when clearly they should just be bowing to him.

6. Chuck Woolery: President Obama is so angry at voters he’s going to try to get Republicans to impeach him.

Unlike “Dr.” Keith Ablow, gameshow host Chuck Woolery does not claim medical credentials. But this does not prevent him from espousing absurd theories about President Obama’s psychology. Like this one: President Barack Obama is so angry with American voters for giving Republicans control of Congress he’ll basically dare them to impeach him.

“Now Obama has a new enemy. The American people,” Woolery tweeted on Wednesday. “They had the audacity to vote against him. Now he will show them what for. Just wait.”

The wild-eyed, vengeful, lameduck president has a deep-seated craving to be impeached, Woolery thinks. Everyone can see that. Why else would he want to give amnesty to undocumented immigrants? If you are not following Woolery’s logic, that may be because there is none. “Now is the time for the Republicans to be very focused and not fall for the impeachment attempt,” Woolery cautioned.

OK, then.

7. Mitt Romney shows new flare for comedy, saying America elected Republicans because they want to get things done.

Mitt Romney has apparently been under a rock ever since his defeat in the 2012 election. This was apparent in his comments this week in which he seemed to blame Democrats for Washington gridlock.

C'mon, Mitt. That's too funny. Be serious.

The reason so many Republicans got elected, Romney said, is that Americans want to see things get done. “They’re going to expect something to happen,” he said. “They’re going to expect that the House will pass bills, which by the way, they already have. Some 370 bills. Some of them will come to the Senate and actually be acted upon, and they’ll reach the president’s desk.”

And when the president refuses to sign some, say a proposal to eviscerate the EPA like Mitch McConnell is promising, then we’ll see who the real "Party of No" is, Romney said.

Romney does not really like that Party of No expression when it is applied to obstructionist Republicans. “All this rhetoric about the war on women, and the war on one thing or the other,” he opined. “I think people are saying, ‘You know, that just doesn’t carry water anymore.’”

Anyway, Romney thought he dispensed with that whole war on women thing when he told voters he has "binders of women."

Now that was funny.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/7-totally-outrageous-right-wing-statements-week-geraldo-rivera-ups-his-jerkiness?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next   Page 5 of 6   [ 137 posts ] New Topic Add Reply