It is currently 05/09/24 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7   Page 7 of 7   [ 169 posts ]
PostPosted: 01/03/14 5:30 pm • # 151 
Editorialist

Could you be just a little more of a dickhead, Jim?
I'm not even talking about your positions-vile though they may be. I'm talking about just plain RUDE.

Yeah, I could be, especially since all either of you can do is revert to the party line whenever someone questions your pet theories. Remember the only thing I asked out of this in the beginning was that the professional feministas be more selective in their accusations. Instead of using the broad and all-inclusive term "men" when they refer to abusers, for example, why not specify "abusive men"?

PostPosted: 01/03/14 7:06 pm • # 152 
Ha. Jim is a Rush Limbaugh wannabe using the little words like "feministas" and "feminazis". Notice how he can be an even bigger asshole when we are being supportive to men? It's funny really. He apparently is incapable of reading an article so wants all included in the title. Most of us know if they are talking about men who abuse they are saying abusive men, men who rape they are talking about male rapists. Of course, he uses generalizations so much maybe he's just confused. What a serious attitude problem. Yes, I remember what his original point was. It was based on a fallacy. And he attacks anyone who disagrees with him. No where did anyone say all men and if the feminists meant all men, they would say all men. Most rapists are men. Men commit most of the rapes. Same thing. Fact.

PostPosted: 01/04/14 1:34 am • # 153 
Editorialist

And she still won't agree that these professional victims should use less broad terms preferring, instead, to refer to anyone who questions their precious philosophies as "assholes" or "Limbaughs" even though her own actions would put her squarely in the camp of Rush's dittoheads. . Tell me, what is wrong with these women referring to "abusive men" or "rapists"? When a woman abuses her child should we refer to women as child abusers? In cases like in Ladybroker's thread, if a woman files a false rape claim should we claim women file false accusations and demand the mass education of women so that they don't continue the practice. Is there a "culture of false accusations" or a "culture of child abuse" among women?

PostPosted: 01/04/14 10:15 am • # 154 
I would have no problem with a headline saying women make false rape claims. I would easily and immediately know the article is talking about women who make false rape claims. Women abuse men, too. Easily and iimmediately. Not all women abuse, not all men are abused. The article is talking about those who do and those who are. Women are child abusers.....yep way too many are. Sort of like "Americans leave the Sudan". Well, that's a lie, I wasn't even in the Sudan and I am a American. I suppose for the denser people we could take up all the type space on the headlines instead of assuming that one reading has some common sense but it would make for some really short articles.

Yes, false rape claims should be part of the education all young people get, just like rape and abuse should be.

BTW, jim, I wasn't referring to anyone who dsagrees with the truth as assholes and Limbaughs. I was referring to you. The difference between me and a dittohead is I agree with facts based on knowledge and experience and people like you and Rush's dittoheads agree with bs based on false assertions, deliberate misinterpretations, and lies.

Actually, in a much smaller way, I would say there is a culture of false accusations and child abuse. There are some places and even some churches where physical abuse of a child is acceptable. They don't think it's abuse. They think the Bible says to. I have met with some girls who think it's ok to do stuff and then blame the guy if they get in trouble or do stuff to get stuff and threaten to accuse the guy if they don't give. Just like the guys who think getting them drunk is getting consent. They don't think it's rape. All these things need to be part of the mandatory education of men and women. False accusations need to stop because it makes it far too difficult for those men and women who really do get raped. Plus, it's just blatantly wrong and unfair.

PostPosted: 01/04/14 10:18 am • # 155 
Administrator

You certainly read a lot of stuff that isn't there.

PostPosted: 01/04/14 10:23 am • # 156 
oskar576 wrote:
You certainly read a lot of stuff that isn't there.

Ha. I read the articles, too. Better than being foolish enough to put "all" in front of men or assuming that was the intent. Talk about playing victim.......sheesh.

PostPosted: 01/04/14 10:37 am • # 157 
Administrator

I think we all do to an extent, oskar, based on our own belief-set ~ most of us, including professional writers [especially with looming deadlines], are not precise in the language we use ~ and there will always be someone who reads far more into the meaning than the words themselves say ~

We have a serious problem with and for both women and men ~ we need to read beyond some imprecise words to the concept being expressed ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 01/04/14 11:59 am • # 158 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
Could you be just a little more of a dickhead, Jim?
I'm not even talking about your positions-vile though they may be. I'm talking about just plain RUDE.

Yeah, I could be, especially since all either of you can do is revert to the party line whenever someone questions your pet theories. Remember the only thing I asked out of this in the beginning was that the professional feministas be more selective in their accusations. Instead of using the broad and all-inclusive term "men" when they refer to abusers, for example, why not specify "abusive men"?

I don't have "pet theories" Jim...I have real life experience.

You want "specifics" when the word "men" is used, but you make blanket statements about "feministas" all damn day long.

Pot, meet kettle.

PostPosted: 01/04/14 2:04 pm • # 159 
Editorialist

You want "specifics" when the word "men" is used, but you make blanket statements about "feministas" all damn day long.

Uhhh no! You will note I use an adjective to describe precisely which feminists I am referring to. I refer to the pros who make a living perpetuating women's victimhood. I've got no problem with real feminists. Now if those pros could be schooled to be specific about which men they refer too.......

PostPosted: 01/04/14 2:13 pm • # 160 
Editorialist

So give us a few examples of these "pros" Jim. Anyone we know?

PostPosted: 01/04/14 2:20 pm • # 161 
Editorialist

Cattleman wrote:
So give us a few examples of these "pros" Jim. Anyone we know?

How would I know who you've heard of. Anyway, there's a whole raft of them listed in the links in Post 126.

PostPosted: 01/04/14 9:28 pm • # 162 
Editorialist

Who cares about them? Anybody here though?

PostPosted: 01/05/14 1:38 am • # 163 
Editorialist

Cattleman wrote:
Who cares about them? Anybody here though?

Nope! The only ones thinking I was talking about them is them....unless they are among those who make their living promoting women's victimhood. As far as I know none of the people here do that.

PostPosted: 01/05/14 9:53 am • # 164 
No, jim, you just think we are part of the industry, towing the party line. You apparently think women can't think for themselves and see the problems for themselves.

Even if that were true, I would find it far preferable to the archaic "it's the victim's fault" views of people like you who cling to the idea that rape could be stopped if women just behaved better and dressed the way you think is appropriate. Or the weak little men who say oh I am scared of the women at work. Or the men who appear to deny that verbal, emotional abuse is part of the violence in the statistics. You jumped on me for pointing out that they include verbal. Why would that be, jim? Do you not consider verbal and emotional abuse to be part of the violence? The men who do that must be part of the dreaded feminist industry you describe, eh? Men who profit from keeping women down, not just making them feel like victims, but actually making them victims.

I think I'll stick with the side that says enough of this bs and empowers women. Jim, you can stay with your side and continue to blame women for the problems women have. I'll stick with the side that works for equality and you can stick with the side that whines and jumps on words. I'll stick with the side that tries to tear down the archaic stereotypes to help men and women, gays and straights, you can stick with the side that tells them to shut the fuck up. I'll stick with the side that blames rapists for rape and abusers for abuse (all kinds of abuse). I'll stick with the side that tries to educate on rape, abuse, false reports, sexual harassment. You can stick wth the "but I don't do it" /"but, they do it, too" side.

PostPosted: 01/05/14 11:56 am • # 165 
Editorialist

grumpyauntjeanne wrote:
No, jim, you just think we are part of the industry, towing the party line. You apparently think women can't think for themselves and see the problems for themselves. Where have I said anything like that? It's not true, although it is clear that there are members of the industry (including those who self-identify as being part of it, who are incapable of thinking for themselves.

Even if that were true, I would find it far preferable to the archaic "it's the victim's fault" views of people like you who cling to the idea that rape could be stopped if women just behaved better and dressed the way you think is appropriate. Again you are inventing things I never said or believe but is typical of the baseless accusations which you and others of your type use to ensure women continue to be victimized. You are actually terrified women will become strong, independent and capable of taking care of themselves without you telling them how incompetent and downtrodden they are. Or the weak little men who say oh I am scared of the women at work. I would comment at this hoary old chestnut if I could stop laughing long enough. Or the men who appear to deny that verbal, emotional abuse is part of the violence in the statistics. You jumped on me for pointing out that they include verbal. Why would that be, jim? Do you not consider verbal and emotional abuse to be part of the violence? I've never denied that emotional abuse is a form of violence. That denial is solely the purview of the women's movement who consider it abuse or violence only when it is directed from men to women. Men, they claim, should just suck it up when it is from women to men. The men who do that must be part of the dreaded feminist industry you describe, eh? Men who profit from keeping women down, not just making them feel like victims, but actually making them victims. Naw! There might be a few men in the industry but, with the exception of abusive men, most men want women to succeed. It's other women, populating the industry, who are struggling so hard to ensure women remain victims and who are profiting from that victimhood.

I think I'll stick with the side that says enough of this bs and empowers women. You'll need to change you attitude and open your eyes in that case. Jim, you can stay with your side and continue to blame women for the problems women have. I've never done that. Suggesting that women have to be careful, doesn't blame them anymore than it's the fault of the guy who steps in front of a bus because he's got the right of way. Absolutely right but dead in any event. I'll stick with the side that works for equality -then you had better join it- and you can stick with the side that whines and jumps on words. I don't whine and jump at words. I do object when the industry deliberately describes the problem so broadly and in such false terms that it can never be solved and thus perpetuates their livelihood. I'll stick with the side that tries to tear down the archaic stereotypes -you're the one who is so locked in archaic stereotypes and unthinkingly parroting party lines that you can't see how much you are victimizing women, the very people you purport to help - l to help men and women, gays and straights, you can stick with the side that tells them to shut the fuck up. I'll stick with the side that blames rapists for rape and abusers for abuse (all kinds of abuse). Then join that side. I you do, my work here will be done I'll stick with the side that tries to educate on rape, abuse, false reports, sexual harassment. You can stick wth the "but I don't do it" /"but, they do it, too" side.
That doesn't even make sense.

PostPosted: 01/05/14 12:34 pm • # 166 
jimwilliam wrote:
grumpyauntjeanne wrote:
No, jim, you just think we are part of the industry, towing the party line. You apparently think women can't think for themselves and see the problems for themselves. Where have I said anything like that? It's not true, although it is clear that there are members of the industry (including those who self-identify as being part of it, who are incapable of thinking for themselves.

>>>>One example is here: "Yeah, I could be, especially since all either of you can do is revert to the party line whenever someone questions your pet theories."

>>>>jim: "Well, despite the best obfuscation efforts of those of you in the industry, none of that is true. I'm not a rapist. "

>>>>jim: "Watch what happens when some hapless fool suggests women not hit their men or, as we see in Jeanne's industry apologia post 26, someone suggests that maybe some money and resources be devoted to men who may be subject to spousal abuse."

Even if that were true, I would find it far preferable to the archaic "it's the victim's fault" views of people like you who cling to the idea that rape could be stopped if women just behaved better and dressed the way you think is appropriate. Again you are inventing things I never said or believe but is typical of the baseless accusations which you and others of your type use to ensure women continue to be victimized. You are actually terrified women will become strong, independent and capable of taking care of themselves without you telling them how incompetent and downtrodden they are. Or the weak little men who say oh I am scared of the women at work. I would comment at this hoary old chestnut if I could stop laughing long enough. Or the men who appear to deny that verbal, emotional abuse is part of the violence in the statistics. You jumped on me for pointing out that they include verbal. Why would that be, jim? Do you not consider verbal and emotional abuse to be part of the violence? I've never denied that emotional abuse is a form of violence. That denial is solely the purview of the women's movement who consider it abuse or violence only when it is directed from men to women. Men, they claim, should just suck it up when it is from women to men. The men who do that must be part of the dreaded feminist industry you describe, eh? Men who profit from keeping women down, not just making them feel like victims, but actually making them victims. Naw! There might be a few men in the industry but, with the exception of abusive men, most men want women to succeed. It's other women, populating the industry, who are struggling so hard to ensure women remain victims and who are profiting from that victimhood.

>>>>jim: "Because of the industry whining, guys aren't sure what they can say to the women they work when they have to parse their words to the degree the industry demands. No matter what they say the woman can screech "sexual harassment" and the guy loses his job. So what the guys do is just ignore the women they work with and that includes shunning them in lunchrooms and refusing to train them on-the-job."

>>>>jim: " In general, what I am saying is quit blaming men for everything and start shouldering some of the responsibility for making things better. There are individual men who are assholes, but most of us aren't so, if you don't want to be shunned, held back and isolated at the workplace, tell your industry to shut the fuck up, quit blaming all men for everything so that they have to be afraid of you and show them what you can do."

>>>>jim: "Combined those articles reference nearly 2000 different studies that indicate women are more violent than women in relationships and the one you picked out was the one that had a small reference to verbal abuse being a type of violence....and then you wonder why you get labelled as part of the industry."

>>>>jim: "Hey! By all mean, put on your micro mini and skimpiest top and go parading. See what happens. I agree you have every right to do it. I agree it's not your fault if you get raped. Getting hit by a car when you don't look both ways at a cross walk before stepping into the street isn't your fault either, but I've met smarter stumps if you do it."

>>>>jim: "It is not unknown for women to beat up their husbands, but, if someone we to accuse women of being husband beaters the way men are accused of it the feminist industry would go berserk.

>>>>jim: "For the most part anybody who doesn't toe the party line as dictated by the "women as victims" industry receives the kind of bitter, ill considered ridicule spewed in Soozs' post 8 or the faux mystification at "how can people mention women do the same things" diatribes."

I think I'll stick with the side that says enough of this bs and empowers women. You'll need to change you attitude and open your eyes in that case. Jim, you can stay with your side and continue to blame women for the problems women have. I've never done that. Suggesting that women have to be careful, doesn't blame them anymore than it's the fault of the guy who steps in front of a bus because he's got the right of way. Absolutely right but dead in any event. I'll stick with the side that works for equality -then you had better join it- and you can stick with the side that whines and jumps on words. I don't whine and jump at words. I do object when the industry deliberately describes the problem so broadly and in such false terms that it can never be solved and thus perpetuates their livelihood. I'll stick with the side that tries to tear down the archaic stereotypes -you're the one who is so locked in archaic stereotypes and unthinkingly parroting party lines that you can't see how much you are victimizing women, the very people you purport to help - l to help men and women, gays and straights, you can stick with the side that tells them to shut the fuck up. I'll stick with the side that blames rapists for rape and abusers for abuse (all kinds of abuse). Then join that side. I you do, my work here will be done I'll stick with the side that tries to educate on rape, abuse, false reports, sexual harassment. You can stick wth the "but I don't do it" /"but, they do it, too" side.
That doesn't even make sense.

jim, I don't blame you for denying your own words. Who would want to claim them? Go ahead and believe what you want. You are right about one thing. Your "but I don't do it/but they do it, too" argument makes no sense. Oh, btw, clothes don't cause rape, that's just a fact

PostPosted: 01/05/14 12:52 pm • # 167 
Administrator

I'm thinking this thread has run its course ~ everyone has made her/his position known, whether or not others understand or accept it ~ let's move on ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 01/06/14 12:34 am • # 168 
Editorialist

jim, I don't blame you for denying your own words. Who would want to claim them? Go ahead and believe what you want. You are right about one thing. Your "but I don't do it/but they do it, too" argument makes no sense. Oh, btw, clothes don't cause rape, that's just a fact

Deny them! Why would I do something like that when they prove my contentions? Thank you for putting them all together.

PostPosted: 01/06/14 8:48 am • # 169 
Administrator

Obviously, my prior post was too subtle ~ so let me be more precise: this thread is CLOSED ~

Sooz

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7   Page 7 of 7   [ 169 posts ] New Topic Add Reply