It is currently 05/25/24 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: New year's resolutions?
PostPosted: 12/30/13 10:44 am • # 1 
Administrator

Anyone making any new year's resolutions? ~ I'm renewing my ONLY resolution, which is to not make resolutions ~ :b ~

Having said that, I am making a "commitment" to eat better ~ between going out, ordering in, and my natural "lazy" streak, I've done very little cooking over the past several months ... even while knowing that virtually anything I make at home tastes at least as good as and often better and is healthier ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/30/13 10:59 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Yes. Start working out on the universal gym again. It's been out of commission for a couple of months and is now repaired.

Not a hard one to keep since I was doing it before. :b Maybe I'll try to do it more often.......or something. lol

PostPosted: 01/01/14 11:32 am • # 3 
Editorialist

I am making serious resolutions. There's a lot going on in my life right now, so in order tofacilitate that:

I resolve to eat better. PLAN--to plan meals weekly and grocery shop properly every weekend, instead of picking up frozen pizzas or ordering in when I get behind. I also resolve to convince my teen boys to eat a bit better. Teens cannot live on kraft dinner, no matter what their gifted asses think.

I plan to make an interim budget and stick to it so I can predict my financial situation better. I don't live expensively but I do tend to spend kind of randomly. I need to be able to predict income and expenses better and have a better idea of what disposable income i have at any given time. I'm going to write it out and keep a list of everything I spend money on.

I'm going to keep my belongings better organized,and stay on the boys to keep their belongings organized. They took a garbage bag of crap out of their room yesterday, and that doesn't even count whatever seems to be moving under their throw rug. Specifically i need to keep up better with the laundry so I know exactly what we all have to wear and what we need. The boys always seem to be headed out the door in ripped jeans, but when I get the laundry sorted out they complain that their pants don't fit in their drawers. They complain, while still wearing the same ripped jeans. I asked them if their pants all still fit, and they said no. I asked them why they kept shoving them back in their drawers then, and they couldn't answer. (in their defense, my closet is also a mess and needs a good sorting. I don't think organization is something I have modelled well for them. :b )

I'm going to stay better organized at work too. I'm going to keep (better) files on each of the kids including any paperwork i get on them. I"m going to keep a general file of all random paperwork I get from the office, even if it doesn't seem to mean much (i.e. most of it. haha)

I'm going to try and live a more deliberate life, instead of just reacting. And I'm going to get everyone through this year in one piece with optimism about the future.

i know no one cares about this--but writing it down here and exposing other people to it makes it an official commitment.

PostPosted: 01/01/14 12:50 pm • # 4 
Administrator

That's a very ambitious list, greeny ~ I wish you well with being able to do all of it ~ I've learned the key is to keep at it ~ don't get discouraged ... even or especially when you slip up ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 01/02/14 2:23 pm • # 5 
Not making any. I just end up breaking them anyway...lol

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply