It is currently 05/18/24 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: 01/17/14 11:13 am • # 1 
Editorialist

I cannot believe that they have determined that the grandfather, who left a loaded gun under a bed, did not put those children in harm's way. Really? A LOADED gun within the reach of a child? When, oh when, will shit like this quit happening? When will gun owners be held accountable? While he says it "reinforces the need for gun owners to keep their guns secured", it does NOTHING. That is just paying lip service. We need accountability. Prosecution. Jail time. Fines. That will make gun owners sit up and pay attention.

4-year-old girl fatally shoots 4-year-old cousin with gun: U.S. police

DETROIT -- A 4-year-old girl accidentally shot and killed her 4-year-old cousin with a rifle she found under a bed at a relative's U.S. home, police said Friday.

The girl was playing and watching TV on Thursday with the boy when she found the gun, Detroit police Sgt. Michael Woody said. He said she pointed it at the boy and shot him once in the chest.

The boy was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Woody said. A man who lives at the home was the only adult there at the time and is believed to a grandfather, Woody said.

The Wayne County prosecutor's office will determine whether charges should be brought, he said.

"It's a tragic incident," Woody told The Associated Press. "It's really not anything more than that. There was no malicious intent. There was nothing there to suggest that the grandfather put those children in harm's way, but the investigation will continue."

The boy's name wasn't immediately released.

Woody said the shooting reinforces the need for those with guns to keep them secure.

"This is a very senseless ... incident that could have been avoided," he said.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/4-year-old- ... z2qg0VrW9F

PostPosted: 01/17/14 11:35 am • # 2 
This grampa should go to jail for a while. I was reading the comments in the link where someone said there is no responsible gun ownership because you can't legislate away stupidity. I will add in there or carelessness. I am guessing grampa knew the laws and left the gun under the bed for convenience never thinking the kids with get at it.

Too sad.

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply