It is currently 05/18/24 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Money doesn't buy class
PostPosted: 11/20/14 3:00 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

I've always said that, but this proves my point. There are homes in this area that are selling for $5-6m. Even a small house built in 1945 is selling for $1.5m. This is how those people behave? It amounts an entitlement temper tantrum. :eyes

Rocks thrown at city workers building controversial fence in Britannia

CALGARY – A battle brewing in Britannia over changes to an iconic vista has reportedly escalated to the point where angry residents pelted City of Calgary employees with rocks.

Workers are in the process of erecting a fence along the so-called ‘Britannia slopes,’ located along Britannia Drive S.W. The construction is part of a $6-million remediation project underway in the affluent community, which includes improvements to Sandy Beach and River Park.
However, some residents are unhappy with the fence, saying it’s too tall and obstructs the view for those seated on area benches.

“As it stands now, the upper rail is exactly at eye level when sitting on the benches,” complained past-president of the Britannia Community Association Karen Paul in the newsletter.

The issue has become so divisive it apparently led to vandalism and the assault of city employees.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1682679/rocks ... britannia/

PostPosted: 11/20/14 3:09 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Rich people are just like poor people. I already knew that, but just try convincing them!

PostPosted: 11/20/14 3:26 pm • # 3 
Administrator

That's not a fence. Definitely not a million dollar project.
But, can't those people use some pillows to raise them up for a better view? Silk covered pillows? Embroidered with their family insignia?

PostPosted: 11/21/14 8:13 am • # 4 
Editorialist

lol jab

Here's my take on the people. These people are miserable. Money also doesn't buy happiness. Only miserable, little people would stoop to such behavior. I've known many wealthy people in my life, but they came from "old" money. They has a sense of responsibility and knew how to behave. They didn't expect everything to go their way, but if it didn't, they found a peaceful way to compromise.

I would hazard to bet that most of the people in this community are living above their means. "New" money that is spent faster than it's earned. People with "old" money that I have known were personally frugal but very generous to charitable causes. They recognized that they were fortunate, but could lose everything in a heartbeat. They also knew that family and love were to be cherished above everything else.

jmo

PostPosted: 11/21/14 9:15 am • # 5 
Editorialist

These are the kind of people who, when the riverbank caved in under them, would be the first to whine how "It's the city's fault. Something should have been done."

(Actually I first thought the article was from "The Onion". It was talking about a "view" in Calgary.)

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply