It is currently 04/28/24 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: 11/24/14 8:51 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Not sure exactly what they are trying to say here......but still it's "Schoolhouse Rock"! One of my fond memories and "I'm just a Bill" was my fave.

PostPosted: 11/24/14 9:30 am • # 2 
Administrator

I read somewhere yesterday that the one-and-only Ted Cruz used this clip to bash Obama's latest EO ~ I'll try to find that piece again ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/24/14 9:52 am • # 3 
Administrator

Here's what I read yesterday ~ I'm not sure Ted Cruz understands "satire", but he is #1 in never missing what he sees as a political opportunity ~ :ey ~ Sooz

TPM LIVEWIRE
Ted Cruz References SNL Skit On Executive Orders To Bash Obama (VIDEO)
By Caitlin MacNeal Published November 23, 2014, 10:05 AM EST

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) on Sunday slammed President Obama over his executive action to delay the deportation of 5 million undocumented immigrants, referencing a "Saturday Night Live" skit.

On Saturday, SNL spoofed the Schoolhouse Rock song on how a bill becomes a law. In the bit, Obama touts his executive authority.

"This is not a president who wants to work with Congress. Rather this is a president who is openly defying Congress," Cruz said of Obama.

"I actually can’t put it any better than Saturday Night Live put it last night," Cruz continued. "Saturday Night Live literally had the president pushing the bill down the steps of the Capitol because we no longer need the steps in the Constitution for how we pass laws, because the president now is claiming unilateral authority the Constitution doesn’t give him."

Watch the SNL clip via Yahoo News: [Same clip as in the op]

Cruz called Obama's claim that other presidents had used executive authority to delay deportations "frivolous." Cruz said that Obama's order may have been acceptable if he was already working with Congress to address immigration issues.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cruz-immigration-obama-snl-video

PostPosted: 11/24/14 12:45 pm • # 4 
The skit was hilarious. However, they should have had the 'poor' bill sitting on Boehner's desk gathering dust!

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply