It is currently 05/18/24 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
PostPosted: 11/29/14 7:25 pm • # 1 
Administrator

Whether this stupid, malevolent bitch likes it or not, Sasha and Malia are the daughters of the President and First Lady of the United States ~ who the hell is SHE to disrespect THEM??? ~ :angry ~ Sooz

Republican staffer says Obama daughters are disrespectful and dress like bar sluts
David Ferguson | 29 Nov 2014 at 12:32 ET

A staffer for Republican Rep. Stephen Fincher (TN) took to Facebook this week to attack Sasha and Malia Obama, President Barack Obama’s daughters, for failing to show what she deemed to be sufficient respect for their father’s annual pardoning of a Thanksgiving turkey.

According to Gawker, Elizabeth Lauten, former new media political director for the Republican National Committee, wrote an open letter to the two girls, attacking their facial expressions and clothing choices.

“Dear Sasha and Malia,” wrote Lauten, “I get that you’re both in those awful teen years, but you’re part of the First Family, try showing a little class. At least respect the part that you play. Then again your mother and father don’t respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I’m guessing you’re coming up a little short in the ‘good role model’ department.”

She continued, “Nevertheless, stretch yourself, rise to the occasion. Act like being in the White House matters to you. Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar. And certainly don’t make faces during televised, public events.”

For the pardoning ceremony, elder daughter Malia wore a long-sleeved sweater, a plaid schoolgirl skirt and opaque tights. Sasha Obama wore a mini-dress that hit her at mid-thigh with a long-sleeved cardigan sweater.

Both girls rolled their eyes when their father made a joke, as teen girls typically do when their father says something he thinks is funny.

Gawker’s Hudson Hondo wrote, “For most people, Sasha and Malia Obama’s spiritless appearance at this year’s White House turkey pardon was a lesson about humility, showing how even the world’s most powerful man is still just ‘ugh, Dad’ to his teenage daughters.”

Blogger Yesha Callahan at The Root published a screen shot of Lauten’s post, which set off an angry backlash on social media and political blogs.

Lauten published an apology for the post on Friday, saying that after “many hours of prayer,” she now regrets attacking the girls. However, she has since deleted it.

Gawker’s Hongo said, “As some noted, the comments seemed particularly ironic given the numerous alcohol-related charges racked up by Bush’s daughters during the last Republican presidency.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/republican-staffer-says-obama-daughters-are-disrespectful-and-dress-like-bar-sluts/

PostPosted: 11/30/14 9:11 am • # 2 

I, like Sasha and Malia, think pardoning the turkey is a little dumb.

They look beautiful!!!!

PostPosted: 11/30/14 9:44 am • # 3 
Some people are so full of hate they have to vent it at innocents. Sad. I agree with you Kathy the girls look beautiful.

PostPosted: 11/30/14 1:33 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

GET THEE TO A NUNNERY!

welcome to the new dark ages.

PostPosted: 11/30/14 1:38 pm • # 5 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
GET THEE TO A NUNNERY!

welcome to the new dark ages.

Dunno 'bout that. Some very questionable goings-on at some nunneries.

PostPosted: 11/30/14 1:56 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

Speaking of nunneries, did ya see the ad for the new reality show based on young girls trying to become nuns? :ey

PostPosted: 12/01/14 11:12 am • # 7 
Administrator

I'm guessing this is a "negotiated" resignation, but she deserved to be fired ~ I also read that after making the mea culpa apology, she deleted it ~ :g ~ Sooz

GOP Staffer To Resign Following Comments About Sasha, Malia Obama
The Huffington Post | Paige Lavender | 1 hr ago

Elizabeth Lauten, the communications director for Rep. Stephen Fincher (R-Tenn.), is resigning Monday following a Facebook post that criticized Malia and Sasha Obama's appearance at the annual White House turkey pardon ceremony, according to NBC News.

According to screenshots posted by Gawker on Saturday, Lauten wrote to the first daughters, asking them to "try showing a little class":

"Dear Sasha and Malia, I get you’re both in those awful teen years, but you’re a part of the First Family, try showing a little class. At least respect the part you play. Then again your mother and father don’t respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I’m guessing you’re coming up a little short in the ‘good role model’ department. Nevertheless, stretch yourself. Rise to the occasion. Act like being in the White House matters to you. Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar. And certainly don’t make faces during televised public events."

Lauten took to Facebook again on Saturday to apologize for the rant.

"I reacted to an article and quickly judged the two young ladies in a way that I would never have wanted to be judged myself as a teenager," Lauten wrote. "After many hours of prayer, talking to my parents and re-reading my words online, I can see more clearly how hurtful my words were. Please know that these judgmental feelings truly have no place in my heart."

Lauten's apology came after many on Twitter and Facebook accused her of cyberbullying the Obama daughters. Lauten acknowledged those who were angered by her statements in her apology.

"Furthermore, I'd like to apologize to all of those who I have hurt and offended with my words, and pledge to learn and grow (and I assure you I have) from this experience."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-staffer-to-resign-following-comments-about-sasha-malia-obama/ar-BBgcxzr

PostPosted: 12/02/14 12:14 am • # 8 
Editorialist

buh bye!

PostPosted: 12/02/14 5:21 am • # 9 
Editorialist

God, look at them, they're almost adults now. Those poor girls have grown up in the white house of all places, under all this scrutiny. I wonder how it will affect who they turn out to be? Have there ever been children as small as they were in the white house before, as part of the first family? Can you imagine the stress this family has functioned under for almost a decade?

PostPosted: 12/02/14 6:02 am • # 10 
Administrator

There are tens of millions living under even higher stress levels.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 7:22 am • # 11 
The Kennedy children come to mind as for being young goes but Oskar is.right: I'm sure there are millions who would like a clean bed and a roof over their heads.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 8:15 am • # 12 
Administrator

Or even a drink of clean water.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 8:47 am • # 13 
Administrator

Points taken, Cannalee and oskar ~ but you're comparing totally separate issues ~ and that does not change or lessen the fury I'm feeling at the malicious rightwinger who publicly attacked the girls ... just for being the children of people she hates ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/02/14 8:59 am • # 14 
Lol we did tend to wander didn't we? The lady was a vicious bit*#$-- my device is evidently rated "G"!

PostPosted: 12/02/14 9:48 am • # 15 
Administrator

sooz06 wrote:
Points taken, Cannalee and oskar ~ but you're comparing totally separate issues ~ and that does not change or lessen the fury I'm feeling at the malicious rightwinger who publicly attacked the girls ... just for being the children of people she hates ~

Sooz

We were referring to children living under stress. Millions are far worse off than the Obama kids.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 9:52 am • # 16 
I think they will be fine. I think mom and dad were mom and dad to them throughout the course of his presidency. I also think they will not care about this stupid woman's comments because they are so far from the truth. The girls were dressed like girls in their circle of friends and girls all over the country. My own nieces of their age for example.

Glad the woman is gone.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 10:29 am • # 17 
Administrator

oskar576 wrote:
sooz06 wrote:

Sooz

We were referring to children living under stress. Millions are far worse off than the Obama kids.

No one disputes that "Millions are far worse off than the Obama kids.", oskar ~ that does not lessen the arrogance and mean-spirited slamming of the Obama girls by this sanctimonious witch ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/02/14 12:32 pm • # 18 
Editorialist

Just because there are worse things it doesn't mean something isn't bad.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 12:52 pm • # 19 
Administrator

I somehow can't feel sorry for the Obama kids.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 1:07 pm • # 20 
Editorialist

I think they'll be fine without your pity.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 2:27 pm • # 21 
Editorialist

It seems to me that people who blurt out or post things on the spur of the moment are telling their truth. And the humble but carefully-worded apologies that appear the next day are not truthful, just necessary lies. This lady revealed her honest opinion of those two girls and, indirectly, her parents. Her brain leaked out of her mouth without going through the filter, so we heard the real pure thing. Her apology is unconvincing.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 2:41 pm • # 22 
Yea, she threw in the word prayer to please her base. She's not really sorry and doesn't even understand what class is.

I really do NOT think the girls were psychologically harmed.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 3:02 pm • # 23 
Administrator

They probably rolled their eyes.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 3:10 pm • # 24 
Administrator

I'm sure the Obamas have prepared the girls for being the target of "some" ~ but that does not excuse this poor-excuse-for-a-human's words ... or intent ~ I deeply believe ALL minor children of ALL public figures should be off limits ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/02/14 3:16 pm • # 25 
Administrator

sooz06 wrote:
I'm sure the Obamas have prepared the girls for being the target of "some" ~ but that does not excuse this poor-excuse-for-a-human's words ... or intent ~ I deeply believe ALL minor children of ALL public figures should be off limits ~

Sooz

Agreed, but it ain't gonna happen.
I also strongly object to them being used as stage props for their parent(s) running for office. I must say the Clintons were very concientious about that.

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ] New Topic Add Reply