It is currently 05/18/24 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 39 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/02/14 1:16 pm • # 26 
Editorialist

I'm sure the Ukraine program of rounding up dogs and burning them alive in mobile crematoriums is right up your alley, CM. :g

Chaos isn't allowed to express HER opinion/interpretation of CM's posts, oskar?

You really think that is a reasonable "opinion" sooz?

Just for the record. I have discussed my views on animal issues a number of times on this board. I have never expressed anything except repugnance for cruelty to animals.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 1:57 pm • # 27 
oskar576 wrote:
kathyk1024 wrote:
I didn't read in mobile crematoriums (I didn't know there was such a thing)

But this quote
Quote:
Something should be done about it, I just doubt if you'll like what it is Rose.

Led me to believe rounding them up and executing them.

As opposed to "putting them to sleep"?

Same thing. but I think they'd more likely be shot.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 3:01 pm • # 28 
Administrator

Same thing. but I think they'd more likely be shot.

Equally humane if properly done.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 6:38 pm • # 29 
Editorialist

Well, after whiling away my morning in the usual fashion - pulling wings off flies, kicking the cat, beating my dog with a cane and working on my plans to immolate live animals on an industrial scale - I thought I'd devote a few minutes to outline a short introduction to population dynamics for the ecologically illiterate.

Since the best way to understand science is through experiment here's one to start with.

If you have a room in your house which is where you tend to put stuff that you aren't using at the moment cut some holes big enough for a mouse but not a cat between your house and the room and the outside and the room. Put two large dishes in the room - one for food and one for water. Leave any stuff that was in the room there. Put in an observation window. Introduce 5 male and 10 female mice and fill the food and water dishes.

Whenever you walk past the room and either the food or water trays are empty refill them. After 1 month whenever you go into the room to refill the dishes try and catch a few mice. Sterilise them and return them to the room.

After 6 months try and sell your house.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 6:45 pm • # 30 
Administrator

Cattleman wrote:
Well, after whiling away my morning in the usual fashion - pulling wings off flies, kicking the cat, beating my dog with a cane and working on my plans to immolate live animals on an industrial scale - I thought I'd devote a few minutes to outline a short introduction to population dynamics for the ecologically illiterate.

Since the best way to understand science is through experiment here's one to start with.

If you have a room in your house which is where you tend to put stuff that you aren't using at the moment cut some holes big enough for a mouse but not a cat between your house and the room and the outside and the room. Put two large dishes in the room - one for food and one for water. Leave any stuff that was in the room there. Put in an observation window. Introduce 5 male and 10 female mice and fill the food and water dishes.

Whenever you walk past the room and either the food or water trays are empty refill them. After 1 month whenever you go into the room to refill the dishes try and catch a few mice. Sterilise them and return them to the room.

After 6 months try and sell your house.

Now that's funny!

PostPosted: 12/02/14 6:57 pm • # 31 
Administrator

CM apparently forgot this is not CEII ~ somebody please let me know when the ridicule is over ~ until then, have fun ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/02/14 7:10 pm • # 32 
Administrator

Ridicule of???????????????

PostPosted: 12/02/14 8:53 pm • # 33 
Editorialist

Sorry sooz, after I read #14 I just assumed I was at CEII.

Actually, on second thoughts, that was after I read your reaction to it.

PostPosted: 12/03/14 1:25 pm • # 34 
Editorialist

I thought I'd devote a few minutes to outline a short introduction to population dynamics for the ecologically illiterate.

We have a fundraiser this Sunday at our shelter CM, and I can't wait to tell all the staff and the other volunteers that we now have an expert like you willing to educate us. :lol

PostPosted: 12/03/14 1:31 pm • # 35 
Editorialist

I'm not an expert. Just reasonably well educated.

As for your shelter, good on you. I can't see the connection with Population Dynamics. You just need to remember that people aren't dogs to understand that.

Last edited by Anonymous on 12/03/14 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12/03/14 1:33 pm • # 36 
Administrator

Are you facing the same situation as Istanbul?

PostPosted: 12/03/14 1:51 pm • # 37 
Chaos works to find homes for stray cats and dogs.

Istanbul (11M with an estimated 150,000 strays) is more populous than all of NJ. It doesn't really matter what we think or what our problems are. There have been strays in Turkey for hundreds of years and the Turkish people do not seem to mind them. The Turkish people oppose euthanasia. That said THIS is their solution or one of them anyway.

http://animalbehaviorassociates.com/blo ... ts-turkey/

PostPosted: 12/03/14 2:43 pm • # 38 
Editorialist

Good on Chaos.

It looks like an interesting approach to strays in Istanbul, I just really doubt if it will work.

However I'm reluctant to point out my reasons for that in case I'm accused of eating kittens or something.

PostPosted: 12/03/14 2:51 pm • # 39 
Administrator

I also have to question the headline.
I suspect that most of those animals are feral rather than strays.

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 39 posts ] New Topic Add Reply