It is currently 04/28/24 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
PostPosted: 12/02/14 8:59 pm • # 1 
Administrator

WOW!!! ~ what a cool mom! ~ there are "live links" to more/corroborating information in the original ~ Sooz

Tuesday, Dec 2, 2014 8:22 PM UTC
Woman pens amazing newspaper retraction in support of transgender son
Yolanda Bogert took out a classified ad to announce the birth of her son days after he came out as trans.
Jenny Kutner

The world might be full of horrifying, frustrating and straight-up mystifying news, but every once in a while, someone does something really good that is worthy of widespread attention. Here is one of those things.

In 1995, Yolanda Bogert took out a classified ad to announce the birth of her daughter, Elizabeth Anne. Nineteen years later, days after her child came out as trans, Bogert decided to issue a “retraction” of her original ad and announce the birth of her son:

Quote:
Best Birth Announcement ever. Today’s CM. What a wonderful family. pic.twitter.com/Zz4NkssKHD

— Lisa Dart (@frostyagnes) December 2, 2014

The retraction ran in Australia’s Courier-Mail, which later interviewed Bogert and her family about the decision to run the announcement. She described the ad as a “no-brainer” and wanted to be open to her son’s transition.

“I needed to show my son I support him 100 per cent and wanted to let the world know that,” Bogert said.

Her son, Kai, told the Courier-Mail he is touched by the gesture. “I am so happy with what she has done,” Kai said. “This last week has changed everything for me … I am still me but I am more me than I was a few days ago and feel free.”

http://www.salon.com/2014/12/02/woman_pens_amazing_newspaper_retraction_in_support_of_transgender_son/

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply