It is currently 05/18/24 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 37 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/09/14 10:44 am • # 26 
Where did you see them, mac? They've been with Elisabeth Hasselbeck on Fox, GMA and where else?

I hate this picture.

PostPosted: 12/09/14 1:39 pm • # 27 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
Chaos, raising questions is not a problem to me ~ what I'm reacting to is losing sight of the basic fact that this was a mom/dad decision that seems to be working in their family ~ "ungrateful" and "disrespectful" are strong descriptors that most people understand, and I'm not sure we need to know exactly what offenses the kids committed ~ I just don't understand why we're second-guessing parental decisions of others ~

Sooz

Carrie White was a "sinner" according to her mom because she got her period and went to the prom. LOL. Fictional character, sure-but we know that there ARE some fairly Cuckoo-for-Cocoa-Puffs parents in real life too.

Words can be strong and vague at the same time, IMO.

And supporting a decision made by parents that works for their family isn't the same as agreeing with that decision. I don't agree with the Duggars breeding like rabbits, but I understand and agree that they have the right to make that decision.

PostPosted: 12/09/14 4:51 pm • # 28 
Administrator

Duggars breeding like rabbits

More like rabbits breeding like Duggars.

PostPosted: 12/10/14 8:31 am • # 29 
The Duggar family seems to be doing okay by what I have heard. Our family has its own guideline: while each child adds immense joy to the family it must be recognized that each child takes away from the other children. So far my two great grandsons remain "only" children.

PostPosted: 12/10/14 10:42 am • # 30 
Editorialist

I'm surprised at your "each child takes away from other children" remark. They may in some respects, but they gain so much by having siblings. Learning to share, companionship, a life-long tie that is usually very strong and can be so comforting in times of difficulties as adults. A sibling "knows" you, they can relate to you in ways that even friends cannot. I can't imagine life without my brothers.

With the Duggars, that is another story, but they are the exception.

PostPosted: 12/10/14 11:17 am • # 31 
Administrator

roseanne, I keep forgetting to tell you this ~ but that picture of your grandbabies in post #11 is one of my all-time favorite kidlet pictures ~ their expressions and their body language, even without your accompanying text, says it all ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/10/14 11:55 am • # 32 
RoseAnn I said "each child brings immense joy" but my grandsons who grew up dirt poor in a famply of 5 kids know the value of siblings; they also want to be good parents. They both plan on having other children they just want to be financially responsible. Both of my great grandsons were "accidents"but they are very much loved and well cared for and neither set of parents is ready for another baby yet.

PostPosted: 12/10/14 12:09 pm • # 33 
Editorialist

kathyk1024 wrote:
Where did you see them, mac? They've been with Elisabeth Hasselbeck on Fox, GMA and where else?

i think the first one.

PostPosted: 12/10/14 2:19 pm • # 34 
Editorialist

Cannalee2 wrote:
RoseAnn I said "each child brings immense joy" but my grandsons who grew up dirt poor in a famply of 5 kids know the value of siblings; they also want to be good parents. They both plan on having other children they just want to be financially responsible. Both of my great grandsons were "accidents"but they are very much loved and well cared for and neither set of parents is ready for another baby yet.

But you also said: Each child takes away.....

I assume you mean financially and from your above quote, I think I am right. Even children from poor families are still happy having siblings and wouldn't trade them for more material things. My Dad was the oldest of 6, quit school at 12 to help make money for the family (Depression era) and still took so much joy in having brothers and sisters. He did without a lot of "things", but never indicated that it bothered him at all.

My oldest couldn't afford her second child, yet watching the sisters together is a joy to behold. What they "get" from that relationship cannot compare to any material goods or even a college education in value. Real value. Human connection and love.

PostPosted: 12/10/14 3:17 pm • # 35 
I do agree with you RoseAnn but while I would love to live long enough to enjoy more great grandchildren I do understand people not emulating the Duggars

PostPosted: 12/11/14 8:28 am • # 36 
Editorialist

Cannalee2 wrote:
I do agree with you RoseAnn but while I would love to live long enough to enjoy more great grandchildren I do understand people not emulating the Duggars

I agree. One or two subsequent children are a far cry from that herd. That's what I'm talking about. I, in NO way, support their "quiver full" mentality.

PostPosted: 12/11/14 9:17 am • # 37 
Administrator

Unless you leverage your kids into money-making reality TV crap.

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 37 posts ] New Topic Add Reply