It is currently 05/05/24 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/08/14 10:18 am • # 1 
Administrator

While I'm sure this is far too subtle for some, I see it as PURE GENIUS! ~ :st ~ Sooz

House Democrats Are BFFs With Ronald Reagan
By Katie Zavadski | December 4, 2014 5:17 p.m

The latest, hottest prop for House Democrats is a rather unexpected one: A cardboard cutout of former president Ronald Reagan. The Republican has been accompanying some Democratic congressmembers for the last few days, ever since an aide to Oregon Representative Earl Blumenauer bought the thing online for $30.

Blumenauer brought the Gipper along when he argued for a 15-cent raise on the federal gas tax, Chris Moody reports, because such taxes also went up while the godfather of the modern GOP was in office. The next day, Reagan reportedly stood next to Representative Luis GutiƩrrez as a supporter of immigration reform. (Reagan signed an amnesty bill in 1986.)

The staffer responsible for this impulse buy, Patrick Malone, told CNN that the GOP tends to forget how much of what they oppose actually happened under the former president, and that the Dems don't intend to stop using him. "We're not going to put him in deep storage," he said.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/12/house-democrats-are-bffs-with-ronald-reagan.html

PostPosted: 12/08/14 10:28 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Interesting visual cue for the R's to remember..........I like it! Non-confrontational, but could be effective.

PostPosted: 12/08/14 1:27 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

I wouldn't think essentially saying "we're just like Reagan" is much of an endorsement.

PostPosted: 12/08/14 2:53 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

Cattleman wrote:
I wouldn't think essentially saying "we're just like Reagan" is much of an endorsement.

maybe not to an Australian, but to an average American, it really is.

PostPosted: 12/08/14 3:44 pm • # 5 
Administrator

Cattleman wrote:

This is Amurika! It's "Saint Reagan" here. I'm sure they teach in history class that he chopped a cherry tree once.

PostPosted: 12/08/14 4:38 pm • # 6 
Administrator

Reinforces the point thet the Dems are now conservatives and the Repubs have become nucking futs.

PostPosted: 12/08/14 5:33 pm • # 7 
Editorialist

oskar576 wrote:
Reinforces the point thet the Dems are now conservatives and the Repubs have become nucking futs.

i wish i could say that is true. i think that a lot of Democrats are pretending to be Republicans. that is true.

BUT, what this really says is that the GOP is so far off their historical norm that Reagan looks liberal.

PostPosted: 12/08/14 6:20 pm • # 8 
Administrator

macroscopic wrote:
oskar576 wrote:

i wish i could say that is true. i think that a lot of Democrats are pretending to be Republicans. that is true.

BUT, what this really says is that the GOP is so far off their historical norm that Reagan looks liberal.

I see the Dems as acting like old-time Dems [as opposed to acting like liberals or progressives], but the only Dem I see pretending to be a GOPer is/was Mary Landrieu ~ and I agree the GOP/TPers are proving they are now "nucking futs" ~

But in addition to making "Reagan look[] liberal", I see it as emphasizing the GOP/TPers mean-spirited hypocrisy ~ as I said in the op, PURE GENIUS!

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/10/14 5:04 pm • # 9 
macroscopic wrote:
Cattleman wrote:

Not to this American :elephant

PostPosted: 12/11/14 12:52 am • # 10 
Editorialist

Cannalee2 wrote:
macroscopic wrote:
Cattleman wrote:

Not to this American :elephant

yr not average, can. :fl

PostPosted: 12/13/14 11:03 am • # 11 
Administrator

PostPosted: 12/16/14 6:06 am • # 12 
Carlin had a way of saying the truth that was pure greatness!

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ] New Topic Add Reply