It is currently 05/18/24 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
PostPosted: 12/12/14 9:42 am • # 1 
Administrator

Is it just me or has there been a significant uptick in Nazi symbols and slogans in the past few years? ~ :g ~ Sooz

Tulsa mom upset to find vending machine in black neighborhood stocked with toy Nazi rings
Tom Boggioni | 12 Dec 2014 at 09:38 ET

A Tulsa mother is asking why a vending machine located in a dollar store in a predominately African–American neighborhood is stocked with toy rings bearing a Nazi logo, reports Fox23.

According to Leona Kelley, she always gives her son a quarter to get a toy out of a vending machine full of ‘bubbles’ containing tiny dinosaurs, happy faces, and stickers when they visit the Family Dollar store on Martin Luther King Blvd in North Tulsa. On a recent visit she gave her son a dollar and he received three dinosaurs and small plastic ring bearing a Nazi logo.

“You don’t want to know what my reaction was,” Kelley said. “I just started yelling at the store people like ‘what the hmmm is this!’ I’m like ‘why is this here?’”

According to Family Dollar store, they don’t stock the machine, but they admitted they have previously had problems with the vendor responsible for the machine.

Without emptying the machine, a reporter from Fox23 said he saw about ten to fifteen more of the gold rings bearing a version of the eagle and swastika logo known as the ‘parteiadler,’ the official symbol of the Nazi party.

After alerting the store management to the ring, Kelley said she visited several other Family Dollar stores and checked similar machines, but was unable to see any Nazi-themed jewelry in them.

A call to the phone number listed on the machines was answered by a man who said he had “no comment,” adding that all the items in the machine would be examined and removed if necessary.

Watch video below from Fox23: [video accessible via end link]

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/tulsa-mom-upset-to-find-vending-machine-in-black-neighborhood-stocked-with-toy-nazi-rings/

PostPosted: 12/12/14 9:48 am • # 2 
Administrator

A real journalist would be looking into Mr. No Comment. I'd wager that he's connected to a white supremacy group.

PostPosted: 12/12/14 10:16 am • # 3 
I agree with Oskar. Don't vendors have to have a permit to do business in the city? I wouldn't let Mr No Comment decide the course of action but report him not only to the city but to the nearest FBI or State Patrol. That may seem extreme but those agencies are definitely interested in Neo-Nazi groups.

PostPosted: 12/12/14 10:38 am • # 4 
Editorialist

Cannalee2 wrote:
I agree with Oskar. Don't vendors have to have a permit to do business in the city? I wouldn't let Mr No Comment decide the course of action but report him not only to the city but to the nearest FBI or State Patrol. That may seem extreme but those agencies are definitely interested in Neo-Nazi groups.

There's a good chance the vending machine owner didn't even know what was in the capsules. If you want to hang somebody, look to his supplier. Vending machine owners usually buy completely stocked capsules in minimum lot sales of 10,000 and just pour them into the machines.

Does anybody ever get tired of these faux outrages, though? It seems to me some people just wander around looking for something to get their dander up. The noisy woman will probably start a lawsuit saying she hasn't slept or had a sex life since the horror of the incident and asking for $200,000,000. Nobody is going to become a Nazi because they got a $.25 cent plastic ring. Jeez! When we were kids we played war or cowboys and Indians constantly. None of us turned into Nazi's, Indians or cowboys.

PostPosted: 12/12/14 10:51 am • # 5 
Administrator

If that was the case those rings would also have been found in the other machines as well. They weren't.

PostPosted: 12/12/14 11:10 am • # 6 
You do have a point Jim. I remember my mom getting upset when in the 6th grade I was reading about the Third Reich and books about the Holocaust and she thought I was "obsessed" with the subject. I don't know but I remember trying to comprehend how such massive horror could be going on and the world do nothing for so long. In the 6th grade I was wondering why the German people didn't help the Jewish people. I don't think the reading hurt me and the Nazi ring probably didn't hurt the kid either but I think there is more to the rings being in the machine than just "accidentally".

PostPosted: 12/12/14 11:12 am • # 7 
Administrator

jimwilliam wrote:
Cannalee2 wrote:

There's a good chance the vending machine owner didn't even know what was in the capsules. If you want to hang somebody, look to his supplier. Vending machine owners usually buy completely stocked capsules in minimum lot sales of 10,000 and just pour them into the machines.

Does anybody ever get tired of these faux outrages, though? It seems to me some people just wander around looking for something to get their dander up. The noisy woman will probably start a lawsuit saying she hasn't slept or had a sex life since the horror of the incident and asking for $200,000,000. Nobody is going to become a Nazi because they got a $.25 cent plastic ring. Jeez! When we were kids we played war or cowboys and Indians constantly. None of us turned into Nazi's, Indians or cowboys.

What makes you think this is a "faux outrage", jim? ~ while there is truth about some scammers in your post, I don't think "when we were kids" is a good example ~ the world has moved on, has gotten more selfish, more ideological, and more brutal ~ I don't ever see subliminally trying to sway children's minds to a recognized evil as a positive ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/12/14 11:17 am • # 8 
Administrator

oskar576 wrote:
If that was the case those rings would also have been found in the other machines as well. They weren't.

The mom only said she didn't see rings in other machines, oskar ~ the bubbles are tossed into the machines haphazardly and I serious doubt the mom could see under the top layer ~ I find it hard to believe that only 1 store out of who-knows-how-many have these vending machines was targeted ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/12/14 11:31 am • # 9 
Administrator

Unless Mr. No Comment added his own stuff to a particular machine.

PostPosted: 12/12/14 2:39 pm • # 10 
I'm thinking this ring was left over from the last Indiana Jones movie. Throw the rings away from the vending machines. Maybe monitor that this toy doesn't make its way back into the machine.

The kid probably didn't know what it was in the first place. No need for a $2M settlement here.

PostPosted: 12/12/14 5:12 pm • # 11 
Administrator

I still need a few million for my retirement. Any idea who I could sue on the quick?

PostPosted: 12/13/14 12:51 am • # 12 
Editorialist

Throw the rings away from the vending machines. Maybe monitor that this toy doesn't make its way back into the machine.

Why? Has the world become so sensitive that our kids can only be told about the existence of Pollyanna and some kind of whitewashed history. Should GI Joe be stripped from the shelves because the American government tortures people. My goodness! Our kids might see a Marine action toy and, horror of horrors, want to grow-up to be American!

PostPosted: 12/13/14 7:34 am • # 13 
Administrator

Next up in vending machines will be little air planes painted with the insignia of the Finnish air force from 1918 to 1945.

Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ] New Topic Add Reply