It is currently 05/23/24 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Drones top Xmas lists
PostPosted: 12/16/14 10:34 am • # 1 
Editorialist

I saw a headline about this, but it was a video that I didn't bother to watch. The reason I am posting this is my concern about air space. I haven't seen any reports that the ATSB or any other similar agency has addressed the issue with drones. That's all we need.....hundreds of thousands of drones buzzing around while regular flights (small and large planes) are taking off or trying to land and are lower in the sky, or the many helicopters that are around doing traffic reports, hunting fugitives or flying for medical transport.
Also, the privacy concerns that are already cropping up with drone fliers buzzing around high rise windows and such. It's not the old "RC planes" anymore. Everyone wants a drone that can fly higher and has a camera.

I feel there should be some guidelines/laws/rules and that all drones should be registered somehow. Otherwise, we'll have problems. jmo What do you think?

PostPosted: 12/16/14 10:40 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Agree with you but I doubt there will be any type of regulation. Privacy is eventually going to be extinct.

PostPosted: 12/16/14 10:54 am • # 3 
Editorialist

The safety concerns me the most. I can just picture a dumb redneck on the outskirts of an airport, at the end of a runway, thinking s/he can "race" a plane landing or taking off. The drone gets sucked into an engine/prop. Boom.

PostPosted: 12/16/14 1:56 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

laffinalltheway wrote:
Agree with you but I doubt there will be any type of regulation. Privacy is eventually going to be extinct.

i see a burgeoning market in anti drone weapons.

PostPosted: 12/16/14 2:12 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

LOL! In the US, any idiot with a shotgun will probably shoot down a "peeping drone". :b

PostPosted: 12/16/14 2:29 pm • # 6 
Administrator

Shyte. More boring teachers and professors.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply